This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Ohh, tell us more! Make/colour etc.?!
VW Polo, 1.2 litre engine, Black, 5 Doors, 55 plate, 28,000 miles on the clock, CD player, nice stripey seats...erm what else? Oh, POWER STEERING!!! woop!

I'll PM you some photos

How are you?
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
polo! Volkswagen über alles!
blackfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
lonely. that's me. why do i feel lonely even when i'm surrounded by friends?
I can appreciate that feeling definately! I get that when i'm around my friends and family. You know they are all having such a good time and you feel totally empty and alone. Or rejected even!

(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I HAVE A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :party:
Congratulations I bet it feels much better to have a car than have to rely on public transport! *controls self from going onto a public transport rant*

(Original post by death.drop)
and now I'm pissed off with myself for being angry with people just for being normal.
I thought about looking at the Worst Day of My Life Thread but decided against it because it for reasons which death.drop has pointed out.

Don't worry about feeling angry with yourself for reading it. A similar issue happened to me the other day.

I am on another Forum which discusses the delights of Britians Railway. A certain poster there was saying that they cannot justify disabled passengers railcard.

But the way they were saying it suggested that being disabled is full of perks like free priority parking, free bus travel, discounted rail tickets etc.

Well really it isn't full of perks!!! Whilst i am not in a wheelchair, i think people should ask themselves how an ordinary able bodied person with a disability copes with their day to day life!

Some people are just utterly clueless :mad: :mad: :mad: Grrr!!!

Sorry for the rant there, but I think most regular posters here would agree that whilst we appear like normal people whether disabled or not. We have experienced and have to deal with things that really are horrific!

:hugs: to all
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I can appreciate that feeling definately! I get that when i'm around my friends and family. You know they are all having such a good time and you feel totally empty and alone. Or rejected even!

Congratulations I bet it feels much better to have a car than have to rely on public transport! *controls self from going onto a public transport rant*

I thought about looking at the Worst Day of My Life Thread but decided against it because it for reasons which death.drop has pointed out.

Don't worry about feeling angry with yourself for reading it. A similar issue happened to me the other day.

I am on another Forum which discusses the delights of Britians Railway. A certain poster there was saying that they cannot justify disabled passengers railcard.

But the way they were saying it suggested that being disabled is full of perks like free priority parking, free bus travel, discounted rail tickets etc.

Well really it isn't full of perks!!! Whilst i am not in a wheelchair, i think people should ask themselves how an ordinary able bodied person with a disability copes with their day to day life!

Some people are just utterly clueless :mad: :mad: :mad: Grrr!!!

Sorry for the rant there, but I think most regular posters here would agree that whilst we appear like normal people whether disabled or not. We have experienced and have to deal with things that really are horrific!

:hugs: to all
Don't apologise for the rant! I agree with you that the person is completely in the wrong.

And thank you! I haven't got it yet as have to wait for documents from the DVLA to come through and sort out various bits and bobs like insurance and they're going to service it for me but should pick it up at the end of this week/beginning of next. Dad is still here though so don't have to worry about public transport as he's my taxi service Can't use his car as it's a 7 seater and I'm not allowed to drive 7 seaters apparently...dunno why
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
VW Polo, 1.2 litre engine, Black, 5 Doors, 55 plate, 28,000 miles on the clock, CD player, nice stripey seats...erm what else? Oh, POWER STEERING!!! woop!

I'll PM you some photos

How are you?
OK, got a few job applications to do, it's not looking amazing on the 'KMN gets a job' front though. One I'm garaunteed not to get and I'm only going for becuase if I don't my parents will shout at me for being a freeloading, lazy cow who doesn't do anything to help herself. :rolleyes:

Had a crap day today, I can't get into a regular sleeping pattern and my parents seem to have forgotten it's going to take me some time to adjust, I've spent most of the day sleeping because otherwise I just argue with my mum about how I don't get up until 1pm and don't do anything during the day (last week at uni I was going to bed at midnight and not getting to sleep until 5am, then only getting a couple of hours sleep). I'm looking at jobs but all of them are wanting experience which I don't have. Apparently I'm no longer getting any money from my parents, whether I have a job or not (at uni they gave me a hundred a month to pay for odds and sods, they still give my sister 150 a month because she's older and at uni) and I have to pay them rent, whether I've got a job or not. Not sure how I'm meant to pay them 100 rent a month when I've got no money at all myself... A job won't come over night! I remember why I hated living at home now. :rolleyes: My parents expect everything immediatly and have a go when it doesn't happen straight away!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...l-health-taboo

*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
OK, got a few job applications to do, it's not looking amazing on the 'KMN gets a job' front though. One I'm garaunteed not to get and I'm only going for becuase if I don't my parents will shout at me for being a freeloading, lazy cow who doesn't do anything to help herself. :rolleyes:

Had a crap day today, I can't get into a regular sleeping pattern and my parents seem to have forgotten it's going to take me some time to adjust, I've spent most of the day sleeping because otherwise I just argue with my mum about how I don't get up until 1pm and don't do anything during the day (last week at uni I was going to bed at midnight and not getting to sleep until 5am, then only getting a couple of hours sleep). I'm looking at jobs but all of them are wanting experience which I don't have. Apparently I'm no longer getting any money from my parents, whether I have a job or not (at uni they gave me a hundred a month to pay for odds and sods, they still give my sister 150 a month because she's older and at uni) and I have to pay them rent, whether I've got a job or not. Not sure how I'm meant to pay them 100 rent a month when I've got no money at all myself... A job won't come over night! I remember why I hated living at home now. :rolleyes: My parents expect everything immediatly and have a go when it doesn't happen straight away!
I'm in the same boat. Mum says I have to pay rent very very soon and I have no savings left now as I had to put some money towards my car. I really need a job but no one wants me as like you I have no experience. It's so so hard :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I guess I must be lucky that I dont think I could come up with anything that constitutes the worst day of my life. I suppose the fact that I recognize that my life has been fairly cosy is a good thing... even if it makes me feel useless for being so messed up with no real reason.
ice_dragoness274
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ice_dragoness274)
:hugs:

Hi, what's up?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really finding it hard to keep motivated.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Really finding it hard to keep motivated.
Try and hang in there.
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:sad:

Its been one of those kinds of days where you just feel empty and lonely and sad. But then everything goes wrong on top of that. I'm fed up of things atm
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
is there anything wine won't cure?
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
Alcoholism

:tongue:
ice_dragoness274
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)

Hi, what's up?

aww that cheered me up ^_^

:hugs: back!

ahh, it's just that the whole problems that come with moving to a new school and finding it hard to settle in are beginning to hit me again :sadnod:

What makes it more unbearable is the fact things were way better for me (socially anyway) in my old school, it's just I was doing crap academically there which is why my parents decided i should move.....I just keep looking in the past, trying to actually face the present, and failing at it when I keep realizing how much things have changed for me now =/.....and I'm kind of stuck at this school now, coz it would be crazy if I move again (apparently it reduces uni application chances I've heard?!!?)

sorry about my rant! I hope it makes sense, I don't know if anyone else here has been in a similar situation...lol....so how are things in Oxford?! =)
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i can't listen to half the songs i own without crying over all the ******* memories they bring up. god damn it.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
omg im so sick of finding myself mentioned in random threads. why do people feel the need to take the piss?
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
It seems to have a really bad effect on my dignity. Haha.

Um, does anyone else find that, when they're happy, or like really ******* psyched about the possibility of something incredible happening to them, they can't help but think of what might go wrong?

I feel like a fraud posting in this thread at times because I'm not diagnosed as being depressed, whatever that may mean and I'm not on any medication, but as it is, I'm unhappy, and bitter a lot of the time. And then, when I'm not I feel as though I need to find something to make me unhappy. It's like I feel guilty about feeling openly good about something.

I dunno, lol
looosey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bete noire)
It seems to have a really bad effect on my dignity. Haha.

I feel like a fraud posting in this thread at times because I'm not diagnosed as being depressed, whatever that may mean and I'm not on any medication, but as it is, I'm unhappy, and bitter a lot of the time. And then, when I'm not I feel as though I need to find something to make me unhappy. It's like I feel guilty about feeling openly good about something.

I dunno, lol
Yeah, me too, I still feel like a fraud even after being diagnosed. Do you think you could be depressed?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.87%
No - but I will (98)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.93%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (603)
47.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise