This discussion is closed.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
That is actually quite cool.

Anyone know where they're at with writing/filming the new episodes?
Argh the link changed so I will never know what it was .

Anyhow, I read somewhere filming for new episodes begin in march so I presume the writers are working on them now.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Did anyone get the series 6 DVD set?

What are the extras like? Does the scene in which River gets her sonic screwdriver really happen in a mini-episode?
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, that looks like an incredibly basic game.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
Doctor Who Official Annual 2012 now 99p and delivered free from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...=hotukdeals-21
ellehamilton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My first post in this thread I'm an enormous Whovian and there is only one thing I want to say...

Bring Back Tennant.

That is all and then my life will be complete
ellehamilton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who do you think was a better Doctor? Not who you prefer in reality but the one who you think played the role the best?

Also, Russell T Davies or Steven Moffat? Who's the better writer?

I'm not telling you my preferences, I'm just interested in seeing who most people on here prefer
Maccees
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Russell T Davies hands down. Steven Moffat is good, but I think the stories have been getting a bit...'silly' since Davies left.

Although I'm in a minority I think, I really like Matt Smith. Don't get me wrong, David Tennant played his version of the doctor amazingly well, but Matt also plays his version very well.
Apa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I loved David Tennant as the Doctor - I also love Matt Smith but personally, Tennant will always be my favourite I can't really comment on the writing as I haven't really watched the most recent episodes but from what I've heard there's been no shortage of twists.
followmeup
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Matt Smith has done a good job of the Doctor, there's no denying that, and he's a good actor, but David Tennant will always be the Doctor to me :')

In terms of the writing I will always prefer RTD. I liked Moffat's one off episodes when RTD was head writer, but when he took over entirely, I've begun to enjoy the show less. I think there are too many complex storylines (albeit done very cleverly) and Moffat seems to forget that Doctor Who is, first and foremost, a children's show and it's probably a bit too confusing for them at times.

Bring back the good old monsters and one off storylines, I say!
funsongfactory
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
David Tennant = <3
introvertedraccoon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
David Tennant, though I may be slightly biased...

Upvote me plz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im not homo so i dont fancy either of them
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tennant, his suits were brilliant
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Matt Smith because in my opinion he's more fun loving, whereas Tennant (especially in his later episodes) was always a bit depressed and mopey

But RTD was better writer. While I love some of Moffat's single episodes, I don't think he handled the series well as a whole, it didn't seem to have the Doctor Who essence. And tbh I wasn't really enthused by it.
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got to be Tennant and RTD. As followmeup says he'll always be the Doctor for me. I really liked Christopher Eccleston aswell. I just loved his facial expressions and didn't like Tennant at first when he regenerated but then he became legendary.

As DontWantYourBloodMoney says, Tennant's clothes were quality! Best dressed Doctor by a mile!
Nephilim
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tennant hands down.

I also prefer RTD. His storylines had a great balance between humour, action, adventure and darkness. Midnight is one of my favourite episodes (RTD written), however I was quite surprised to find out that Stephen Moffat wrote Silence in the Library, which is my other favourite episode.
taeace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it was because with David Tennant we had gotten used to him for so long, we didn't have time really to get attached to Chris (although I do love him too). I also think that with David Tennant the episodes were more emotional, you had the family of blood (when he became John Smith and it was so sad ;n; and also the episodes like Blink and Midnight that were just so powerful without using so much computer technology).
I really thought that with David Tennant he added that unique character to the doctor, making him just so much more realistic.
chernid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was thinking, shouldn't David Tennant put the Olympic Torch into the thingy by the Stadium to mirror the 2nd series episode 'Fear Hear'.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chernid)
I was thinking, shouldn't David Tennant put the Olympic Torch into the thingy by the Stadium to mirror the 2nd series episode 'Fear Hear'.
Ah I just removed that episode from my memory, and now it's back!

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads