Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jack was probably out best player last season.

The way he came back from a 14 month spell out was phenomenal.

I'd say he is already a worldclass player.

So much quality it is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    The big worry is if Real Madrid come in for Suarez - and that is a real possibility. Do we have a plan B, another striker to turn to? I can't think if anyone else out there. I see Wenger making a bid for Eto'o.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    The big worry is if Real Madrid come in for Suarez - and that is a real possibility. Do we have a plan B, another striker to turn to? I can't think if anyone else out there. I see Wenger making a bid for Eto'o.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you really want Eto on those wages especially at age 32?

ReputationRep:
    The big worry is if Real Madrid come in for Suarez - and that is a real possibility. Do we have a plan B, another striker to turn to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rooney maybe

I said Willian, just realised he's a winger...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    Do you really want Eto on those wages especially at age 32?
    Etoo most certainly will not happen. Wenger doesn't sign players over 30. Fact.

Lehmann was an exception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)

no way.. carzola 1st and then walcott... walcott was the only player making an real impact against the top 3 and was your top scorer. Carzola best player last season easily... bayern vs arsenal.. where was wilshere? Arsenal vs spurs where was wilshere... arsenal vs Wigan where was wilshere? (i know he played btw).. the most key arsenal games in arsenals last season.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Etoo at Arsenal would be a dream come true! I always wanted him at Arsenal, but I don't think Wenger likes old players sadly however we can dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)

So you can't think of many players better than him???

I really do think the word world class is used too casually these days.

ReputationRep:
    Eto'o would get 30 goals a season at Arsenal quite easily.

ReputationRep:
    Nani anyone ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Nani anyone ?
    I said this a few months back, got disregarded.

Hes on the last year of his contract and I think he is easily top 5 wingers in the EPL on his day. Guys just inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I said this a few months back, got disregarded.

Hes on the last year of his contract and I think he is easily top 5 wingers in the EPL on his day. Guys just inconsistent.
    Your're right about the inconsistency, 7 apps in in the PL last season maybe Wenger can best the best out of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I really do think the word world class is used too casually these days.
    Two words, chief.

I think he's pretty much right up there, but you're right - I don't think he's world class yet. He's quite obviously going to be world class though. Thiago was attracting so much hype as a 'young' player who is so talented. I think we sometimes fail to attribute such enthusiasm or expectation to Wilshere because we forget how young he is because we've known him for so long, and because he's such a mature young man.

ReputationRep:
    Just looked through the squad and we only have like 18 players who contribute. Need to sign at least three players to have a squad that can challenge tbf. Hope Suarez isn't the only target, could really do with either Gustavo or Kondogbia and a winger too. Don't know why we were shook to spend £20m on Bernard, the guys going to be worth double that in a year or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Just looked through the squad and we only have like 18 players who contribute. Need to sign at least three players to have a squad that can challenge tbf. Hope Suarez isn't the only target, could really do with either Gustavo or Kondogbia and a winger too. Don't know why we were shook to spend £20m on Bernard, the guys going to be worth double that in a year or two.
    Really? How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Really? How do you know?
    Seen him play plenty of times. Quality player. Crossing and trickery in particular is exceptional. He's this good at 20 and is only going to improve playing alongside better players. Shakhtar as a club are good for him, not to much pressure. Think he'll thrive there.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, he's too risky at the price and we don't need a winger. He would've have been a luxury signing- a pointless one at that imo. Just like Jovetic, don't think there was any interest from the club just paper talk given his dad chastised AM for only negotiating with Shakhtar

I also heard that the third party owners weren't willing to sell off shares of him so even if we were interested, that might've been an impasse. I really doubt Shakhtar actually paid the full £21million for him given that they'll be looking to sell him on in a few years time at a profit. But, I'm probably wrong :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Firstly, he's too risky at the price and we don't need a winger. He would've have been a luxury signing- a pointless one at that imo. Just like Jovetic, don't think there was any interest from the club just paper talk given his dad chastised AM for only negotiating with Shakhtar

I also heard that the third party owners weren't willing to sell off shares of him so even if we were interested, that might've been an impasse. I really doubt Shakhtar actually paid the full £21million for him given that they'll be looking to sell him on in a few years time at a profit. But, I'm probably wrong :rolleyes:
    Don't think he would have been pointless. Let's not beat around the bush, we need a creative winger. We've lacked this since Nasri left. We've pretty much got Podolski and Walcott as first choice wingers but both of them are one dimensional. Then if one of them gets injured there is Chamberlain, who surprise surprise, is also one dimensional and will probably be used in midfield in the future.

We need someone who can play at CB and CDM, a winger and a striker to challenge for the league. That's only three players, £80m in the bank is more than enough to cover it. Need to get a move on tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think he would have been pointless. Let's not beat around the bush, we need a creative winger. We've lacked this since Nasri left. We've pretty much got Podolski and Walcott as first choice wingers but both of them are one dimensional. Then if one of them gets injured there is Chamberlain, who surprise surprise, is also one dimensional and will probably be used in midfield in the future.

We need someone who can play at CB and CDM, a winger and a striker to challenge for the league. That's only three players, £80m in the bank is more than enough to cover it. Need to get a move on tbh.
    Not really sure that we do. A Wenger team will create enough goal scoring chances in most game. Even if we do, Bernard isn't the answer not at that price. You're just going off on his hype.

ReputationRep:

Bernard - at this point - wasn't worth £21mil. He has potential but I'd have been extremely shocked if Wenger had gone in for him for that price - and the atlético owner said Arsenal didn't make any bid.

I say this as someone who has watched most games he's played in the last 18 months. He's good but the hype machine has gone into overdrive this summer and got everyone coming out with "oh Bernard is so amazing and is gonna be world class he's easly worth every penny" after seeing him come on for the last 10 minutes of a confed cup game.

It's actually amazing how quickly people can go from "never heard of him" to experts on a player with the help of a few blog posts and news articles.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.