Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Attention all generous-minded people!

The awesome-by-association-plus-likely-in-her-own-right girlfriend of bullettheory is doing a sponsored sky dive for a mental health charity called Rethink - I saw the link in bullettheory's sig and decided to donate, and thought other like-minded people might want to donate also.

The website's here for anyone who can afford it and would like to give something (I think the minimum donation was £2), and even if you can't I'm sure she'd appreciate a message via PMing bullettheory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Falling apart very quickly with so very bad thoughts :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not good! Any particular reason why or just overcame you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Not good! Any particular reason why or just overcame you?
    Guess my step dad said stuff about getting a job?
    Not being able to see my boyfriend?
    Not sleeping properly?
    Huge bags?

Just cried on facetime to my boyfriend :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guess my step dad said stuff about getting a job?
    Not being able to see my boyfriend?
    Not sleeping properly?
    Huge bags?

Just cried on facetime to my boyfriend :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well did he make you feel better? And don't listen to your step dad. From what you post he doesn't sound understanding or supportive at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Well did he make you feel better? And don't listen to your step dad. From what you post he doesn't sound understanding or supportive at all.
    Yeah he always does thats often why i cry on him, hes too nice to me

My step dad just gets to me sometimes and i often think my mum would be better off without him. But i dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Heat rash and sunburn everywhere! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I keep meaning to try arranging to see a therapist (for CBT and/or counselling) for the past month but keep putting it off, due to my shyness and not being very good at talking about my problems out loud to anyone in person (whether it's friends, family, strangers or health professionals). I kinda hate myself for being such a procrastinator :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Which website's that?

Yeah, is good to have multiple wheels - I've got two for them as well, one (massive) flying saucer one silent spinner. It's great when they all try and go on at the same time, especially when it's not always in the same direction. :mmm:

I've now managed to get two of them to run across my hand, although not to stay put yet - looking forward to when they're more comfortable with me, as I have all kinds of plans for games and training for them!

Bleah, makes me wish I had a pet hedgehog - then I could just feed it the slug! I now also want pictures of your guinea pig you realise.
    This is the one I thought was Elliott: http://www.petforums.co.uk/small-ani...use-notts.html

I thought I had found Grace and Nutmeg too.....but I don't think I have!

My guinea pig is amazing He's orange, and has a quiff, which extends all the way down his back. He sleeps on me like a cat!

Sounds like you're doing a good job with taming them, at least they aren't biting! Although mice don't seem to be as nippy as hamsters can be.

I really want to do mice agility: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pOvtOYuIw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazuliblue)

This is the one I thought was Elliott: http://www.petforums.co.uk/small-ani...use-notts.html

I thought I had found Grace and Nutmeg too.....but I don't think I have!

My guinea pig is amazing He's orange, and has a quiff, which extends all the way down his back. He sleeps on me like a cat!

Sounds like you're doing a good job with taming them, at least they aren't biting! Although mice don't seem to be as nippy as hamsters can be.

I really want to do mice agility: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pOvtOYuIw
    Yep, that's Elliott. I had them all in the bath again today, and all three of them let me pick them up. And yeah, is good that they don't bite, I used to have a hamster as a child who I was scared to pick up because she was so bitey.

Aww, sounds cute. I'd love to have a few piggies one day.

Same here! I'm going to start some basic training soon - hopefully getting them to come when called and stuff, and then when they're ready I'll see if I can teach them a few tricks. I also want to buy one of those intelligence puzzles for dogs, and see if my mice can solve it. The other hamster I used to have was amazing, I used to set up whole show-jumping courses for her and she'd learn the routes off by heart. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling but need to pack my flat up

ReputationRep:
    It's a new dawn, it's a new day, It's a new liiiife... For mee

I will get better and beat this ED and get out of here someday. Yeah it'll take time, but then again that's all I've got, and I've got nothing to lose. I say this now, just need to keep believing in it!

It's been a downward spiral for the past year for me to end up here and I have nothing left to lose anymore, lost all my family and friends.. And I guess the only way I can mend bridges is to get better first. It'll be one damn struggle but I will get there.. One day I hope! I think I've just realised the longer I fight back to the staff the longer I'll stay here.. I need to accept the help and try and get my life back on track.

Thanks to PonchoKid for knocking some sense into me last night :P xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)

I will get better and beat this ED and get out of here someday. Yeah it'll take time, but then again that's all I've got, and I've got nothing to lose. I say this now, just need to keep believing in it!

It's been a downward spiral for the past year for me to end up here and I have nothing left to lose anymore, lost all my family and friends.. And I guess the only way I can mend bridges is to get better first. It'll be one damn struggle but I will get there.. One day I hope! I think I've just realised the longer I fight back to the staff the longer I'll stay here.. I need to accept the help and try and get my life back on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM.. so glad you've decided this proud of you hun x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You dont need to thank me silly! Its all your desicion! :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but it is the right one :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had quite a nice day today. I have a friend who lives a sort of nomadic lifestyle so we don't really speak very often but he visits occasionally. Is good because although he does know about stuff, he's not been around to witness (first or second hand) my breaking so he still treats me completely like normal and that's nice sometimes.

This probably sounds weird but having a guy in my room and still feeling completely safe, actually even safer than normal, was really refreshing. It's not that I'm necessarily scared of men but am kinda wary and I sure as hell do not want any in my room. Even though we have known each other for ages, I haven't seen him for ages and was a bit unsure if I'd be as comfortable around him as I used to be. Am actually quite angry at myself for that but have decided to try and direct the anger towards ****ty culture, not at me. But it was nice to realise that actually not all people are necessarily always going to feel like a threat when they're inside my personal space. And sometimes young male contact is nice not risk.
    And we went to the seaside and he bought me oysters (:yucky:) and rock and i didnt have any flashbacks or real anxious moments so I'm happy about that

Hope everyone is good :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    had a good day today
    did some retail therepy, but the only thing i bought for myself was a bottle of coke and a bar of chocolate
    BUT ill make my mum and boyfriend happy atleast with their presents i got :yep:

and my step dads NOT going out tonight, so im not home alone
    but im scared for tomorrow as were going for a meal for my mums birthday (which is next weekend) and i know finewell my step dad will question why im going and hoping im not going as hell probably want it to be just him and my mum but i know my mums wanting me to go
    really dont want an argument to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Had quite a nice day today. I have a friend who lives a sort of nomadic lifestyle so we don't really speak very often but he visits occasionally. Is good because although he does know about stuff, he's not been around to witness (first or second hand) my breaking so he still treats me completely like normal and that's nice sometimes.

This probably sounds weird but having a guy in my room and still feeling completely safe, actually even safer than normal, was really refreshing. It's not that I'm necessarily scared of men but am kinda wary and I sure as hell do not want any in my room. Even though we have known each other for ages, I haven't seen him for ages and was a bit unsure if I'd be as comfortable around him as I used to be. Am actually quite angry at myself for that but have decided to try and direct the anger towards ****ty culture, not at me. But it was nice to realise that actually not all people are necessarily always going to feel like a threat when they're inside my personal space. And sometimes young male contact is nice not risk.
    And we went to the seaside and he bought me oysters (:yucky:) and rock and i didnt have any flashbacks or real anxious moments so I'm happy about that

Hope everyone is good :grouphugs:
    PRSOM :sad: I'm so glad you had a good day.

ReputationRep:
    You dont need to thank me silly! Its all your desicion! :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but it is the right one :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do really!! Talking to you helped me made that decisions so there

(Original post by 05autyt)
    PRSOM.. so glad you've decided this proud of you hun x
    Thanks just hope it's worth it.. I hope I get out the other side better than now tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really feeling good. Bleh. Trying to distract with TV, but it's not working.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop thinking about making that decision. I can't help thinking that it's the most likely outcome of everything. I don't want to disappoint anybody any more or make another mistake.

ReputationRep:
    head is all over the place today, so sick of misreading/misunderstanding things so much, just leaves me feeling like I can't function as a human being

on top of that I think I am sinking really low again, yesterday I felt so flat and empty again, not felt that low for a while, it scares me, I don't want to find myself in that place again

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.