Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, it doesn't really matter because if we didn't get Chelsea now, we would of got them in the final if we got through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Tbh, it doesn't really matter because if we didn't get Chelsea now, we would of got them in the final if we got through.
    You had a greater chance in a one off game than over two legs though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Will Sturridge be fit for the Chelsea games since they are in mid Jan?
    Don't know. The semis are the week commencing 16th Jan, and Sturridge I believe is rumoured to be back around the 10th. So he should hopefully be back, but I doubt he'll be match fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Let's be positive guys, we can beat them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Don't know. The semis are the week commencing 16th Jan, and Sturridge I believe is rumoured to be back around the 10th. So he should hopefully be back, but I doubt he'll be match fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess he should fully be fit for the 2nd leg v Chelsea then, hopefully he isn't rushed back for the 1st leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    You had a greater chance in a one off game than over two legs though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh true, but the chance of beating them at Wembley is not that much greater imo. But we did knock out Man City in the 2012 semi final when we were also awful so anything goes really.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh more chance of beating Chelsea in a semi final rather than a final?

Or am I wishfully thinking that?

I guess it's good to get that out the way. If miraculously Liverpool beat Chelsea, then I'd say the cup is theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the first and second legs played respectively?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool at home first. We've dropped two points at home all season and Mourinho wants this trophy, going to be difficult for you but we have Swansea/Newcastle and Man City either side of the matches so we could be resting players. Still think he'll go with Matic-Fabregas in the centre though.

I was at a motorsport race when we played in November so haven't watched the whole game through, but I heard it was fairly even, was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)

I was at a motorsport race when we played in November so haven't watched the whole game through, but I heard it was fairly even, was it?
    Na you domed them tbh. Can scored a lucky deflected goal and was the only time where they threatened you really. Comfortable all game but Jose was too pragmatic as usual otherwise you could've scored more. Reckon he gets a kick out of one goal wins tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We looked much better today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke829)
    We looked much better today.
    It would be pretty worrying if you didn't look better against Bournemouth reserves than against Man Utd

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, we'll destroy Chelsea :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    It would be pretty worrying if you didn't look better against Bournemouth reserves than against Man Utd
    Not really considering Manchester United are terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not really considering Manchester United are terrible.
    2.5/10 considered biting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    They're more or less the same level anyway

Didn't see the match because I was at work but from the sounds of it, it wasn't bad (obviously gotta consider the opponents though).

Chelsea in the semis is meh.
    Who knows; maybe we'll pick up performance wise by that time and as someone mentioned, we did beat city a few years ago in a very similar situation.

It's a cup; anything can happen
    A trophy would be nice tbh but it would be typical to take out chelsea then lose to Sheff United in the final. -_-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A trophy WOULD be nice, but it's been almost ten years since we lifted the FA Cup so I'd rather it be that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    A trophy WOULD be nice, but it's been almost ten years since we lifted the FA Cup so I'd rather it be that.
    I'll take any silverware at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I'll take any silverware at the moment.
    Just believe boys, we can win the League cup, FA cup and Europa League. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    They're more or less the same level anyway
    Very smooth Luke. I'm still sitting here with my three points and three goals.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.