Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uwaiss)
    I remember you, vaguely posting an inspiration islamic video can you link me one? I know that doesn't narrow it down but still
    Salaam.
    I can't remember akhi.
    Might it have been TMG, he is the go to source for inspirational videos.

May we all meet there. Amiin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    No I read the correct dua, but I didnt understand Istikhara properly however It was me deciding if I should go to a different uni and live out. So I decided to stay at home but the travel there was so stressful and horrible and living at home was awful aswell, families would fight and argue I couldnt do my work at home so I would have to go uni so waste more time travelling, then come home and my brother would be on the computer late night so it prevented me from sleeping properly so we would argue, bearing in mind I had work the next morning. I have also never been so stressed in my whole life I started getting white hairs:eek:.

It was horrible I would cry.

So it makes me wonder did I interpret Istikhara wrong ? Either that or living out It would be something serious like getting killed.
    No you haven't interpreted it wrong. Whatever decision you make, you put your trust in Allah and Allah will guide you through that. It may not always be the easiest, but it will be better than your other option.
    Who knows what could have happened to you, or what you would've experienced if you decided to live out.

Try talking to your family so they understand not to disturb you when you're studying. Or just go to the nearest library if you can.

ReputationRep:
    Sahih International
    Who establish prayer and give zakah, and they, of the Hereafter, are certain [in faith].

[Quran, Surah Luqman 31:4]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The Prophet said:

أَحْبِبْ حَبِيبَكَ هَوْنًا مَا عَسَى أَنْ يَكُونَ بَغِيضَكَ يَوْمًا مَا وَأَبْغِضْ بَغِيضَكَ هَوْنًا مَا عَسَى أَنْ يَكُونَ حَبِيبَكَ يَوْمًا مَا

"Love your beloved moderately, perhaps he becomes hated to you someday. And hate whom you hate moderately, perhaps he becomes your beloved someday."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1997 & Others. Sheikh Al-Albani said Saheeh in Saheeh Al-Jami' #178.

ReputationRep:
    Subhanallah the northern winds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    No you haven't interpreted it wrong. Whatever decision you make, you put your trust in Allah and Allah will guide you through that. It may not always be the easiest, but it will be better than your other option.
    Who knows what could have happened to you, or what you would've experienced if you decided to live out.

Try talking to your family so they understand not to disturb you when you're studying. Or just go to the nearest library if you can.
    What about the signs at home like for me being really stressful and being upset and thinking living out would be better, falling out of friendship circles ect. Like I said Ive never been so stressed and my family arguing all the time was bad. It was my parents who mainly were saying I shouldnt live out. So wouldnt me being really stressed out and finding it hard living at home be the sign to live out ? Like I said interpreted it wrong ?

Like I said I didnt really understand Istikhara then, I think I just read the dua after namaz without reading 2 nafl.

ReputationRep:
    Asalam Alaikum brothers and sisters. Do any of you know where I can find a yt video or series on the fiqh of fasting? I believe Ahmad Jibril has one (may Allah ease whatever situation he is in) but I'm not sure if it is complete however. Let me know JazakAllahu khayran.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about the signs at home like for me being really stressful and being upset and thinking living out would be better, falling out of friendship circles ect. Like I said Ive never been so stressed and my family arguing all the time was bad. It was my parents who mainly were saying I shouldnt live out. So wouldnt me being really stressed out and finding it hard living at home be the sign to live out ? Like I said interpreted it wrong ?

Like I said I didnt really understand Istikhara then, I think I just read the dua after namaz without reading 2 nafl.
    You can't interpret it wrong. If you're really worried you can try praying it again. Is it too late to move out?
    If you do decide to move out, you might find this decision to be worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    You can't interpret it wrong. If you're really worried you can try praying it again. Is it too late to move out?
    If you do decide to move out, you might find this decision to be worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought you said you were not going to use that account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    Asalam Alaikum brothers and sisters. Do any of you know where I can find a yt video or series on the fiqh of fasting? I believe Ahmad Jibril has one (may Allah ease whatever situation he is in) but I'm not sure if it is complete however. Let me know JazakAllahu khayran.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa 'alaikumasalam,

There is Ahmad Jibril 12 parts as you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOO1t09oHnc

Muhammad Tim's is a simple overlook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_vMM1lRrqg

Havnt really watched any others. Maybe Bilal Assad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGDhmFfszg

I read mainly books on the fiqh tbh.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    good to hear, yeah funnily enough it's the same old people who have way too much time on their hands.
    The amount of threads like these are starting to decrease. Guess they got bored.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Wa 'alaikumasalam,

There is Ahmad Jibril 12 parts as you said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOO1t09oHnc

Muhammad Tim's is a simple overlook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_vMM1lRrqg

Havnt really watched any others. Maybe Bilal Assad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGDhmFfszg

I read mainly books on the fiqh tbh.

Hope this helps.
    This is helpful, thank you.
    I am not familiar with any books on fiqh...do you know of any I can download? Hard to acquire them as book form/physically atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AoA brothers and sisters.

I hope you are all well iA

I had two questions which I hope someone could answer.

1) Is becoming a doctor the best profession that someone could pursue in Islam (apart from someone who chooses to spend their life spreading Islam?) because it increases the amount of good deeds you would be able to do?

2) Would your ego getting in the way of you becoming a doctor and practicing medicine decrease or somehow interfere with the amount of good deeds you earned? And is there some way, apart from trying to being sincere in your intentions (which I realise is the most important thing) to guard against the ego?

JazakAllah Khair to you all for your replies in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank_drebin)
    AoA brothers and sisters.

I hope you are all well iA

I had two questions which I hope someone could answer.

1) Is becoming a doctor the best profession that someone could pursue in Islam (apart from someone who chooses to spend their life spreading Islam?) because it increases the amount of good deeds you would be able to do?

2) Would your ego getting in the way of you becoming a doctor and practicing medicine decrease or somehow interfere with the amount of good deeds you earned? And is there some way, apart from trying to being sincere in your intentions (which I realise is the most important thing) to guard against the ego?

JazakAllah Khair to you all for your replies in advance
    Wa alaykum salaam
    1) Not really. The ummah needs more than just doctors therefore anything that helps the ummah is good. Not everyone can be a scholar or a doctor, who would deal with all the other issues that need to be sorted to keep the community afloat?

2) If someone's ego affects their intention the deed will be ruined no matter what the deed or profession.

3) Try to increase taqwa. Remind yourself you're where you are because of Allah (swt), everything can go in a flash. Look to those who are better than you to remind yourself you aren't the best, have good company, look at the bigger picture, like thinking about how big the universe is and how small you are or how many other people there are like you. etc. (these are just my views, I don't remember if they've been picked out from any specific reading or talk by a teacher)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought you said you were not going to use that account.
    What account?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to get Istikhara wrong ?
    Unless you did the procedure wrong, no. Things won't necessarily be easy and perfect just because you did something using istikhara because things are never perfect. Perhaps it was a test to increase you, perhaps now is the time to change directions. If you'veasked Allah for guidance and put your trust in Allah when making a decision and tried your best to do the right thing then don't second guess yourself, but continue relying on Allah.

ReputationRep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.