Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't quite decide if I want a United win and presumably another year of LVG.

ReputationRep:
    West Ham winning means we're likely to finish 7th or 8th.
    However this could cost United top 4 so that's a tasty silver lining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Could still finish 6th ahead of United if they draw and we win our next two games but I doubt it seeing as we will rest players for the West Brom game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    All our eggs in one basket..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Klopp says Origi is ahead of schedule and may play v Sevilla but won't force it. Ings also back but won't play in the final as he isn't in the squad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Feel No Ways)
    The kit looks piff, reminds me of some Roma ones
    Goalkeeper kit seems very 2004-05/2005-06.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Klopp says Origi is ahead of schedule and may play v Sevilla but won't force it. Ings also back but won't play in the final as he isn't in the squad.
    Would be a good boost if we could have both Origi and Henderson on the bench. I'd start the same team as we played in the 2nd leg against Villarreal but we could have an impressive bench to change it up if needed at least. Ugh next week is going to drag..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Would be a good boost if we could have both Origi and Henderson on the bench. I'd start the same team as we played in the 2nd leg against Villarreal but we could have an impressive bench to change it up if needed at least. Ugh next week is going to drag..
    XI for the final doesn't seem to be up for debate, really. I expect we'll see exactly the same eleven as against Villarreal - and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    XI for the final doesn't seem to be up for debate, really. I expect we'll see exactly the same eleven as against Villarreal - and rightly so.
    Yea but this is Klopp and he might do something mad like drop Sturridge

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no reason to drop Sturridge for the final game of the season (EL final that is) unless he gets injured, more of a chance of dropping him today. Worried that Hodgson will get Sturridge on crocks for the half of next season again...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nope. Can't see that happening. Sturridge is in a "good moment", as Klopp said himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Absolutely no reason to drop Sturridge for the final game of the season (EL final that is) unless he gets injured, more of a chance of dropping him today. Worried that Hodgson will get Sturridge on crocks for the half of next season again...
    I think Sturridge goes on the plane but I can't see him starting for England? You'd imagine Kane is first choice.

Tough because for once England have 3 strikers in good form - Kane, Vardy and Sturridge and yet Rooney will be the first name on the team sheet.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I think Sturridge goes on the plane but I can't see him starting for England? You'd imagine Kane is first choice.

Tough because for once England have 3 strikers in good form - Kane, Vardy and Sturridge and yet Rooney will be the first name on the team sheet.. :facepalm:
    Even as Liverpool fan I'd choose Kane and Vardy as our front two.

Rooney should be in midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Even as Liverpool fan I'd choose Kane and Vardy as our front two.

Rooney should be in midfield.
    Rooney should be on the bench

ReputationRep:
    yea i love sturridge but he isn't firing on all cylinders atm (even if his scoring record is still decent), so I'd go Kane and Vardy up top. Rooney can get screwed, he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Play midfielders in midfield.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather Sturridge is not on the plane at all for the sake of his fitness lol but Kane and Vardy should really be ahead of him. They are both fitter and Vardy has more pace to burn (very useful against teams like Germany who push up). Sturridge can come off the bench if we need a goal.

ReputationRep:
    Yea would be better for his career if he was able to get a full pre-season under his belt. No doubt Woy's training tactics will get him injured or something. Guess it's hard as a player to miss a major tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Yea would be better for his career if he was able to get a full pre-season under his belt. No doubt Woy's training tactics will get him injured or something. Guess it's hard as a player to miss a major tournament.
    Sturridge doesn't sprint at full speed in games so that gives me hope he will take it easy during Woy's dinosaur training methods.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke

ReputationRep:
    full strength as expected

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.