Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    PQ do we get extra points for the origami if we turn our results sheat into a paper airplane and fly it away :lol:

This wait will be boring.
    Extra points for:

types of food
    pokemon
    cute kitten pictures

ReputationRep:
    Aqa examiner reports??

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any good TV shows I can watch for the next 10 hours?
    I need something to distract me from thinking about my impending doom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHINee1998)
    I hate playing the waiting game. Makes me more anxious. I am not sure if I should stay up until 12 am to see the email from Uni or if I should wait until 9:15am to get the results.
    Sleep and wait, you'll feel better for it.

ReputationRep:
    im sure you cant view examiner's reports until the year later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    There are clearing places for medicine - they're not usually advertised (http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing is the exception).

The places are usually filled up from waiting lists/reserve lists of applicants who applied and where interviewed but didn't get an offer (but were near the top of the shortlist for offers) AND who also didn't get an offer from any of their other medicine choices. The people on those shortlists will usually have been notified before results day.

It's not unknown for applicants to get into medicine through clearing at a university that they didn't initially apply to (a number of years ago someone from TSR went to a clearing open day fro Dundee because they wanted to apply for medicine the following year - they had their grades, mentioned it at the open day and they were able to make them an offer for medicine that year) it is extremely unusual though.
    Ah I see. Could you then quickly clarify 2 things:

1. If I exceed my offer and use adjustment and call unis but receive no offers, is my original offer still viable?

2. If another uni offers me a place via adjustment, is my firm then automatically void even if I don't accept it?

Thank you ever so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Aqa examiner reports??
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...FNPVjJ3OHVmYUE

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for a uni to email you saying they've accepted you before you see it on track?

(Original post by PQ)
    Extra points for:

types of food
    pokemon
    cute kitten pictures
    You want an origami kitten/picachu?!

Well cats are considered food in some places...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    I had a dream the other night that I got AAAB. Here's hoping? (Although silly as it sounds, I would much prefer straight A's) 🙄😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you AS? If so that's what I got for AS too (but with an extra C too lol) - it got better when it came to A2 so don't worry they would be good grades!

Good luck

(Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Can anyone recommend any good TV shows I can watch for the next 10 hours?
    I need something to distract me from thinking about my impending doom
    if you haven't watched already/if you have netflix, i'd say watch orange is the new black.

a) it's a fantastic well written show with brilliant characters/plot

b) it's so addictive that you will literally not be able to stop watching so these next 10 hours could go by in a breeze lol

if not that then Sherlock, American Horror Story, Friends, or maybe the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies would be good if you're into that!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck you guys - you will get through this and their is light on the other side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo111)
    Ah I see. Could you then quickly clarify 2 things:

1. If I exceed my offer and use adjustment and call unis but receive no offers, is my original offer still viable?

2. If another uni offers me a place via adjustment, is my firm then automatically void even if I don't accept it?

Thank you ever so much for your help
    In either case your firm would still stand

The only thing to be careful about with adjustment is that it is up to the university you adjust to to "fish" you out of adjustment...so if you speak to them on the phone and they make you an offer and you aren't CLEAR that you want to think about it and get back to them then they *could* misunderstand, think you've accepted and take you away from your firm. It's happened in the past, it IS reversible but it's obviously a stressful situation to get into so be nice and clear on the phone. Always finish a phone call with something like "just to be clear - you're making me an offer but I'd like to think about it before deciding whether to accept or not. I will get back to you by 5pm today (or 9am tomorrow or whenever you're happy) if I'd like to accept your offer and adjust to your university".

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thevamps99xo;67002040]I'm getting AS results tomorrow, but school have said that they're not giving them out until 9am. A2 students are getting theirs at 8!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not getting mine until 2! 😭😓😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    Is it possible for a uni to email you saying they've accepted you before you see it on track?
    It's possible (the embargo on then stops at 6am) but unlikely...they wont have people on their phonelines until 8am ish in most cases (although a few will open at 7:30am like UCAS).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    if you haven't watched already/if you have netflix, i'd say watch orange is the new black.

a) it's a fantastic well written show with brilliant characters/plot

b) it's so addictive that you will literally not be able to stop watching so these next 10 hours could go by in a breeze lol

if not that then Sherlock, American Horror Story, Friends, or maybe the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies would be good if you're into that!!
    Thanks! I shall try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    The embargo means that they shouldnt do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    In either case your firm would still stand

The only thing to be careful about with adjustment is that it is up to the university you adjust to to "fish" you out of adjustment...so if you speak to them on the phone and they make you an offer and you aren't CLEAR that you want to think about it and get back to them then they *could* misunderstand, think you've accepted and take you away from your firm. It's happened in the past, it IS reversible but it's obviously a stressful situation to get into so be nice and clear on the phone. Always finish a phone call with something like "just to be clear - you're making me an offer but I'd like to think about it before deciding whether to accept or not. I will get back to you by 5pm today (or 9am tomorrow or whenever you're happy) if I'd like to accept your offer and adjust to your university".
    Okay thanks alot for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You want an origami kitten/picachu?!

Well cats are considered food in some places...
    I'm expecting to see a bunch of photos of "origami" pizza slices and voltorbs tbh but it would be nice to be surprised

My favourite pokemon to leave at gyms are a diglett, a lickitongue and a weepinbell

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait until tomorrow and everyone who was *****ing themselves is back here celebrating their 273737 A*s and I'm just basking in my failure

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.