The Ultimate Football Thread IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
good mermington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
Its not even that he dives that piss peopel off, its thatiirc he had a go at others for diving too.
Yeha exactly. Also it's the problem that if Gerrard does it then it's "clever play" and if Ibrahimovic or Ronaldo do it, then it's a "filthy trick". It's a horrible double standard, and it doesn't only apply to Gerrard.
Artemidoros.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Nissay)
it's that much more entertaining for the title race though :p: i sort of pity Arsenal if they crash now, nothing more to play for and all.
they still have next season, lah.
mhsc
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Artemidoros.)
they still have next season, lah.
No they don't, they're going to get relegated :teeth:

I fines them 10,000 points :hmmm:
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
As for Gerrard. Cheating on the Hillsbrough anniversary, shame on him.
Firstly, i didn't see him dive once. First one when he took the ball round friedel, he got took out. Its not a pen though, because he wasnt going to get to the ball anyway.

Samba...Should of been sent off. Blatant foul when Gerrard was 1 on 1, didn't even get anywhere near the ball. Just bundeld him over. Same with the 3rd. Both pens.

Ref had an absolute shocker.
(Original post by Juwel)
As for Gerrard. Cheating on the Hillsbrough anniversary, shame on him.
Trying to get a reaction out of us by bringing in Hillsborough. Classy.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by good mermington)
Yeha exactly. Also it's the problem that if Gerrard does it then it's "clever play" and if Ibrahimovic or Ronaldo do it, then it's a "filthy trick". It's a horrible double standard, and it doesn't only apply to Gerrard.
Playing for a foul and diving, whilst both unacceptable, are different.
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
Firstly, i didn't see him dive once. First one when he took the ball round friedel, he got took out. Its not a pen though, because he wasnt going to get to the ball anyway.
Shocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwN0TxjnuRA
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
Shocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwN0TxjnuRA
What happened to you, forgot to wear your glasses?

"The arms come across" - he was obviously stopped, but it was a soft appeal. There's a difference between that and diving you joke

No doubt it was a desperate zit-faced 13 year old United fan who uploaded and named that
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by farhan)

"The arms come across" - he was obviously stopped, but it was a soft appeal. There's a difference between that and diving you joke

No doubt it was a desperate zit-faced 13 year old United fan who uploaded and named that
so someone waves an arm in front of Gerrard which makes him collapse to the ground isn't a dive? :laugh: You're the joke...
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Funny, that sort of reminds me of a certain Ronaldo obsessed pool fan :confused:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
Funny, that sort of reminds me of a certain Ronaldo obsessed pool fan :confused:
The one with the inferiority complex?
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CllT_...eature=related
AYE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
The one with the inferiority complex?
:yy: Ah yes.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Arsenal are the new Fulham.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, Grant says he expects Sheva to stay. I don't see why he'd particularly want to keep him and it would be best just to let him go back to Milan - for all parties?
LawYah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
he'll get boo'd out of the san siro wouldnt he?
mhsc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He'd probably be the 2nd best reserves player.

Can fill in for injured first team players or come in when they need a rest. Mighty embarassing we paid £30m for him. How the feck did Abramovich get so rich when he can't even spot an aweful investment? :teeth:

Edit: Wtf he wants to keep the exact same squad next season? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. As if his job wasn't going to be difficult enough already :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmm, Grant says he expects Sheva to stay. I don't see why he'd particularly want to keep him and it would be best just to let him go back to Milan - for all parties?
Yep. Get rid of him and Pizarro. And if Drogba doesn't shut up, get rid of him too. Oh and Sidwell and Ben Haim. And Grant and, and, and..
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Get Blackburn to swap you David Bentley for Shawn Wright-Phillips :teeth:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't want him. Need a playmaker not another half-decent Englishman. Fed up with these Kenyon signings.
mhsc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Yep. Get rid of him and Pizarro. And if Drogba doesn't shut up, get rid of him too. Oh and Sidwell and Ben Haim. And Grant and, and, and..
I'm more of the stance:

Can feck off: Pizarro, Sidwell, Ben Haim.

Sell them while a big club might still want to spend money on them: Belletti, Ferreira, Shevchenko, Drogba, Makelele

If the right offer comes along: Malouda, Lampard, Ballack, SWP. Did not put Ballack in my other "old fogie" list because we do still want a bit of experience and wisdom about the team, but not quite the old fogie situation we are almost baring upon.

Basically think we are in a really bad position "for the future" right now and it will really show in a few years time, the difference in the age of a lot of our players compared to the age of the first teamers at Arsenal and Man Utd for example.

Some of those players are very good players, and I'm thinking we should sell them solely due to their age and basically trying to get money for them while we can. I know we have Roman to rely on for cash but personally I find it a bit embarassing and would rather we were more self sufficient.

Of course all of those players should not go at the same time, it would upset the balance of the team and put us at risk next year if signings don't work out. But if Avram has any wits about him he will get rid of a number of them and spend the money wisely.

Who would I like us to buy? Now thats another matter :ninja:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise