Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    ohh i did OCR....
    u know my friend she got an A in her business CA but the teacher put it down to a C so that it could get moderated up but it didnt...its really horrible...
    im hoping cos it happened to all of us that my school gets them all remarked.

ReputationRep:
    A*s in Maths, English Literature, French, Core Science, Additional Science, and Higher Project, and I'm only in year 10. So happy :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Elles1604)
    Can anyone help? I got my results today and I'm pretty pleased with them, only thing is I needed to get a B overall in maths to take it and I didn't and have no idea what else to take! Can anyone recommend another subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Resit some maths modules?

ReputationRep:
    I just found out mine, I got 2A*s, 7A's and 2B's I'm SO happy!!! The B's were in Art and history which aren't relevant to my alevel options...

Can anyone tell me if these are good to study medicine?? I know it's mainly about alevels but still. And I don't plan on going to a top medical school just want to be a doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    In AQA English Literature, am I the only one who is confused as to why so few people got A*s this year? In my school, only 2 people got A* this year, but last year 51 did?
    I got A* in literature the hard way. Flopped controlled assessment and got a B.
    In literature unit 1 exam got 68/68 full ums marks
    Unit 2 66 ums
    Don't ask me how I got full marks but I somehow fluked it? If you read the notes on the literature thread like 1 day before the exam you probably would have gotten the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosegarden)
    12 A*s and 1 A

How about you? x
    Oh my gosh! Wow! Congratulations x

i only managed 8 a*s and 3 as but I'm getting 2 remarks because I'm 1 ums off an A*
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JennaK)
    Ah, wow, seriously? So many teachers have said I have to do it if I want to get into Medicine. I'm not really keen on Cambridge anyway so I'm not fussed about that.
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion for me though!
    It is without a doubt the most common myth we hear on TSR about A levels for medicine. Every med student on this forum hates teachers for perpetuating it, because it's wildly wrong!
    Power on with applying, Jenna. I hope to see you in a few years!

(Original post by mellyy)
    I just found out mine, I got 2A*s, 7A's and 2B's I'm SO happy!!! The B's were in Art and history which aren't relevant to my alevel options...

Can anyone tell me if these are good to study medicine?? I know it's mainly about alevels but still. And I don't plan on going to a top medical school just want to be a doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I just wanted to be the first to come in and say that there is no best medical school. The league table rankings are all pretty meaningless, and it really doesn't matter what medical school you go to!

Anyway, yeah! Those GCSEs are definitely good enough for medicine!
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're fine - have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements

Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    A*s in Maths, English Literature, French, Core Science, Additional Science, and Higher Project, and I'm only in year 10. So happy :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, you've done loads! I've only finished stats and i'm finishing maths in november. Well done What's the Higher Project?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need about 6 A*s+ sorry.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just joking you've done well and should be good for Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    what does 100 ums mean? our school never explained all this ums stuff! very happy with my results though hope you have all done well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    awesome, well done
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    MashAllah
    You can't assume he's a muz just because she did a gcse in Arabic lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Resit some maths modules?
    Is it hard to re-sit while doing a as level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heeellpp!!!!
    ****** does the marks srrm rigjt with the grade i.e. Maths 176/200 =d????***
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    regardless you got an A*, well done
    Thank-you! Really pleased!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Elles1604)
    Is it hard to re-sit while doing a as level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loads of people manage to do it every year - there's no reason that you can't, too, if you put the work in! If you want to be an nICU nurse, then don't give up on that so easily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany96)
    what does 100 ums mean? our school never explained all this ums stuff! very happy with my results though hope you have all done well!
    If it was in the Sciences for are example, which are out of 100 ums, you would have achieved the most 'points' possible, but not necessarily full marks, as the boundaries fluctuate heavily. All the module scores are then added up to formulate your mark out of 400, 360 being the A* boundary, 320 the A and so on.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think these results would be decent enough for Medical school? (Bristol/Oxford standard). Also, which A-levels would you suggest from these grades? (i plan on having maths in there somewhere, possibly further too). finally, do you think these are good enough for Oxford in general?

A*’s:
    -Physics
    -Biology

A’s:
    -Chemistry
    -Mathematics
    -Electronics
    -History
    -English Language
    -English Literature
    -Philosophy and Ethics
    -Core Science

Distinction *’s at A-level:
    -IT(Qcf) BTEC Level 3

Distinctions at GCSE:
    -DiDA ICT Level 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Loads of people manage to do it every year - there's no reason that you can't, too, if you put the work in! If you want to be an nICU nurse, then don't give up on that so easily!
    Thank you I'll talk to my teachers about it and see!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.