Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "We haven’t identified anyone who hasn’t moved or isn’t moving to replace him. So for football reasons we can’t sell – and especially not to Arsenal."

Liverpools owner.

"Liverpool owner John Henry has told various newspapers that selling wantaway striker Luis Suarez to Arsenal would be "ludicrous". Indeed, Henry says even the sale of Suarez to Real Madrid is not an option for the Reds at the moment"

Sky sports news.

--- not looking good!

ReputationRep:
    also:

'hes one of, if not the best defender in the world'

theo on kos.... calm down lad... calm down..

(though lovely to see him praising his team mate)

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Not really sure that we do. A Wenger team will create enough goal scoring chances in most game. Even if we do, Bernard isn't the answer not at that price. You're just going off on his hype.
    Not even. Are you trying to say the current squad depth on the wings is good enough? A creative winger would definitely make us less unpredictable and more dangerous. Gervinho was meant to be Na$ris replacement, that transfer clearly failed.

I'll just do a quick comparison. Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Moses, De Bruyne and Ramires (if you wanna clutch at straws) who can play on the wings. We have Podolski, Walcott and Chamberlain. Not going to count Cazorla because he's far more effective centrally imo.

ReputationRep:
    What Wenger needs to say: Well, you won’t accept our first bid, you won’t even accept our second bid, but our third bid you don’t wanna accept either, but if I made you an offer so ridiculous you’d be forced to consider it, haha who knows what could happen.
    Then offer £50-55m
    Epic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    also:

'hes one of, if not the best defender in the world'

theo on kos.... calm down lad... calm down..

(though lovely to see him praising his team mate)
    Keeps up this form he could be top 5 but not quite yet although I don't see why he can't be. No one can take that mantle away from Thiago Silva

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Keeps up this form he could be top 5 but not quite yet although I don't see why he can't be. No one can take that mantle away from Thiago Silva
    Koscielny is already top five tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Barca/Bayern come in for him next summer if we don't win a trophy this season. People still under rate him because of a few mistakes he's made. Only thing he doesn't have is strength but he still dominates every striker he comes up against. We're talking about a guy went from Ligue 2 to having Messi in his pocket :rofl:

Typical Wenger right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Not even. Are you trying to say the current squad depth on the wings is good enough? A creative winger would definitely make us less unpredictable and more dangerous. Gervinho was meant to be Na$ris replacement, that transfer clearly failed.

I'll just do a quick comparison. Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Moses, De Bruyne and Ramires (if you wanna clutch at straws) who can play on the wings. We have Podolski, Walcott and Chamberlain. Not going to count Cazorla because he's far more effective centrally imo.
    Not going to count Cazorla despite him playing around 50% of our games on the wing but counts Ramires and Oscar anyways to suits is points. Yeah okay.

Funny how no one mentions the need of a winger but when some lies about us bidding for the next big thing starts. We need some more wingers in here.

A striker, a central midfielder, a centee half are more important than a luxury winger.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is already top five tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Barca/Bayern come in for him next summer if we don't win a trophy this season. People still under rate him because of a few mistakes he's made. Only thing he doesn't have is strength but he still dominates every striker he comes up against. We're talking about a guy went from Ligue 2 to having Messi in his pocket :rofl:

Messi in his pocket? :rofl:

Dante, Barzagli, Chiellini, Silva and Kompany all better then him there are a few more.

ReputationRep:

Dante, Barzagli, Chiellini, Silva and Kompany all better then him there are a few more.
    2011 CL when we won 2-1.

Only one of those players in the PL, could replace Dante then if he keeps up last seasons form.

ReputationRep:

He is top 5. Boss had a chance to join Bayern THIS summer and Boss was linked with Barca last summer.

I think he will stay with us until the end of his career.

ReputationRep:

He did do a proper job on Messi that night, no denying it. And he's improved hugely since.

Koscielny is better than Dante, cant argue with the rest. Kompany+Koscienly would be absolutely beast though :coma:

ReputationRep:
    2011 CL when we won 2-1.

Only one of those players in the PL, could replace Dante then if he keeps up last seasons form.
    He didn';t keep him in his pocket :laugh: Messi still was one of the best players on the pitch :laugh: He had a good game and grew in confidence the second half.

Id say he could replace Kompany if he doesn't pick up his form.

Dante though I'll say has been the best defender in the world probably bar Barzagli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Not going to count Cazorla despite him playing around 50% of our games on the wing but counts Ramires and Oscar anyways to suits is points. Yeah okay.

Funny how no one mentions the need of a winger but when some lies about us bidding for the next big thing starts. We need some more wingers in here.

A striker, a central midfielder, a centee half are more important than a luxury winger.
    Ignores main point that if Walcott/Podolski get injured we have no productivity from the wings. Not an entirely ridiculous notion given our track record of injuries either.

Not sure why you'd think it would be a 'luxury signing' either. We have three wingers in the squad ffs. It's just as much of a concern as other positions such as CF, CDM and CB.

ReputationRep:
    Top 5 CB lol. Not even the best french CB. Sakho and Varane (him especially) are both better than him.

ReputationRep:
    He didn';t keep him in his pocket :laugh: Messi still was one of the best players on the pitch :laugh:

Id say he could replace Kompany if he doesn't pick up his form.
    Koscielny and Wilshere were the best players on the pitch. But yeah I wasn't being entirely serious I know that Messi was quite prolifigate in that game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Top 5 CB lol. Not even the best french CB. Sakho and Varane (him especially) are both better than him.
    Lol. Koscielny > Sakho + Varane

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sakho has been terrible this last season. Varane still early but this kid is gonna be ace. Koscielny is definitely top french CB dunno how he plays though for France. Varane though is gonna be the best.

However yeah I disagree about top 5

Koscielny and Wilshere were the best players on the pitch. But yeah I wasn't being entirely serious I know that Messi was quite prolifigate in that game
    You forgot Nasri as well who I think was the best player.

ReputationRep:
    Agreec with Varane but Sakho. Please tell me that was a typo :rofl:

Ok he's probably top three CB in the league then or are you now going to argue that Gary Cahill is better?

ReputationRep:
    Sakho better than Koscielny :rofl::rofl:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.