The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Casual racism is still racism and racist my post was not!

You said in a post above you left around 10 years of age, have you experienced South Africa as an adult? As while it's a good country, it's political and legal systems are a joke, it takes a lot to get anything done and business wise it's unfriendly as hell with various quotas needing fulfilment!
Your post was a massive generalisation, saying that a 'drunk rapist who's still in power' epitomises a whole country. I'm not usually overly PC but knowing as many good, decent South Africans as I do I felt I should call you out on it.

Yes I have, the way the government bows down to China is despicable, but if I said that Hollande summed up all French people you'd have a word or two to say about it!
Cryptographic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Been to South Africa, within one hour of arriving one of my friends had been smash and grabbed, apart from that it was a wonderful experience.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many of you actually have all-British ancestors? :confused: Let us say parents and grandparents born and raised in Britain by British parents.

By the way, perhaps the whole African continent is the best place to get robbed so we don't even need to mention politics and justice which are a joke down there.
St. Brynjar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
How many of you actually have all-British ancestors? :confused: Let us say parents and grandparents born and raised in Britain by British parents.

By the way, perhaps the whole African continent is the best place to get robbed so we don't even need to mention politics and justice which are a joke down there.
I fit this 100%. My ancestry's French but two of my grandparents are from Middlesbrough, one from Shetland and one from Edinburgh.
Kittiara
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Not me . I'm Dutch, my parents are Dutch, my grandparents were Dutch, and going further back, I have some French ancestors. I also have some Belgian family members, and family members from Indonesia and the Netherlands Antilles.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

One half of my heritage is entirely British and the other entirely Irish.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I can confirm that by your definition i am of pure blood.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
I fit this 100%. My ancestry's French but two of my grandparents are from Middlesbrough, one from Shetland and one from Edinburgh.
What circumstances brought you to South Africa, if I may ask?

(Original post by Rakas21)
I can confirm that by your definition i am of pure blood.
Nice! We don't want any half-bloods or muggles in the Conservatives…
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm 100% ethnically Chinese. I guess I'll just defect to the Liberals then.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't underestimate us muggle-borns. Hermione Granger's a brilliant witch, you know .
St. Brynjar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What circumstances brought you to South Africa, if I may ask?
Much better chance of making the football team. No, my Dad's an engineer and he had a project to do out there (He currently lives in Kuwait). Me, my brother & sister were young enough that it was feasible to go with him.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
I suppose I'd better leave then considering my father is of Polish descent, with Russian and other mixes further back and my mother is English, Scottish, Polish and others going further back... I'm as mixed as you can get!
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
Much better chance of making the football team. No, my Dad's an engineer and he had a project to do out there (He currently lives in Kuwait). Me, my brother & sister were young enough that it was feasible to go with him.
*broadly related* Have you ever seen a population pyramid for Kuwait/other Gulf countries? I'd imagine it would be fascinating to study the effect such a huge migrant worker population must be having upon the countries.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
I'm 100% ethnically Chinese. I guess I'll just defect to the Liberals then.
Much better choice anyway
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Much better choice anyway
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. You guys do seem to be going a little leftwards, though I have faith you'll be the more pragmatic members in the government.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. You guys do seem to be going a little leftwards, though I have faith you'll be the more pragmatic members in the government.
I think we've got a good balance - there's certainly some left-of-centre members like myself, but we do still have prominent former UKIPpers and Libertarians amongst our MPs. We are united, as you might expect, in our belief in liberty
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm about as white as you can get. Before you get to vampires, that is. And yes, I fit your definition of British.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I have a Half Irish Mother & an Irish Grandmother, so I am very glad to say I don't pass your stupid racist test

oh look, more racism! you just don't stop do you? racist posts are all you seem to know how to make.
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I see no racism.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ukip72)
I see no racism.
sure you don't, but you would probably say that if men in white pointed hats & cloaks were congregating in front of you so...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads