Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I have my parent's evening in... A couple of weeks :woo:
    Ugh, unlucky, mine's at the end of January. Not looking forward to it, in my experience parents' evenings always end horribly for everyone involved :sigh:

(Original post by Einstein786)
    I don't understand how you add yourself to a group/forum :/ im a newbiee
    Hi, welcome to TSR :hi: . 'Forum' refers to any of the message boards on here, so as you've managed to post then clearly you've fathomed it out for yourself . To join a group, go to that group's page and click the button (some groups may need approval before you can join, though) .

Chem guys; I finished Unit 1 (OCR) a while ago, so if anyone needs a hand I'll certainly try to assist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I get mine on the 10th in a presentation
    Hmmm I have a feeling I might have to wait until Prize Giving on the 20th then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Hmmm I have a feeling I might have to wait until Prize Giving on the 20th then...
    That quite a while then :L
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If this isn't the most awesome thing you've seen all day then I don't know what is :awesome: . I want, like, twenty :ahee: .
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    If this isn't the most awesome thing you've seen all day then I don't know what is :awesome: . I want, like, twenty :ahee: .
    I actually like that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely awesome!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I actually like that :awesome:

(Original post by Red Fox)
    Definitely awesome!
    I'd buy one ('cause to be fair that is a very reasonable price!), but it says that the estimated dispatch is in June 2014, by which time I will have finished with physics as I'm probably going to drop it after AS :emo: .

Still want one though :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    That quite a while then :L
    I know

I just want them, I don't want a big fuss about it!

ReputationRep:
    Now that's cool

ReputationRep:
    We have 3 teachers so unit 2 is split between them 2 modules each

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have 2! So that probably explains it.

Ugh, unlucky, mine's at the end of January. Not looking forward to it, in my experience parents' evenings always end horribly for everyone involved :sigh:

Chem guys; I finished Unit 1 (OCR) a while ago, so if anyone needs a hand I'll certainly try to assist
    I don't mind, although I have two teachers for each and the ones that aren't particularly my favourites are the ones I'm getting

A while ago? :eek: we still haven't

ReputationRep:
    We have 2! So that probably explains it.
    Module 3 is just enthalpy and then some boring stuff (unless you're into equilibria and stuff). Module 4 just looks like a gcse section:mmm:

My unit 1 teacher is so bad. She was decent for gcse chem but now it's ridiculous. She sets loads of homework then we spend the next lesson marking the 5/6 pieces of homework but then she doesnt teach us anything so she sets another 5 pieces of homework. She hasn't taught me a single thing this year:unimpressed:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Module 3 is just enthalpy and then some boring stuff (unless you're into equilibria and stuff). Module 4 just looks like a gcse section:mmm:

My unit 1 teacher is so bad. She was decent for gcse chem but now it's ridiculous. She sets loads of homework then we spend the next lesson marking the 5/6 pieces of homework but then she doesnt teach us anything so she sets another 5 pieces of homework. She hasn't taught me a single thing this year:unimpressed:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this still Unit 1? Because I swear we've nearly finished it without that stuff, that's unit 2?

They do that there, the Marking homework in class but they do teach :yep: we've been focusing on ISAs

ReputationRep:
    Is this still Unit 1? Because I swear we've nearly finished it without that stuff, that's unit 2?

They do that there, the Marking homework in class but they do teach :yep: we've been focusing on ISAs
    Sorry I mean unit 2 module 3. We've just done titrations and you've almost finished:facepalm:. Haven't even got on to the 'new' stuff. Only thing I know now that I didn't know at gcse for unit 1 is water of crystallization.

We've done practice ones for physics but no actual ones. The biologists in my school have done one but we're doing a physics on in January.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A while ago? :eek: we still haven't
    Yeah to be honest for the past few weeks we've just been revising. We also had one of the policemen involved in the Alexander Litvinenko case (only 'cause they're now a teacher at my school ) give us a talk about radioactivity and such, which was really cool!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I mean unit 2 module 3. We've just done titrations and you've almost finished:facepalm:. Haven't even got on to the 'new' stuff. Only thing I know now that I didn't know at gcse for unit 1 is water of crystallization.

We've done practice ones for physics but no actual ones. The biologists in my school have done one but we're doing a physics on in January.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yeah, we're doing an ISA in 2 weeks (was meant to be this week but got moved).

We've been practising the other sciences as well :yep:

Yeah to be honest for the past few weeks we've just been revising. We also had one of the policemen involved in the Alexander Litvinenko case (only 'cause they're now a teacher at my school ) give us a talk about radioactivity and such, which was really cool!
    :woo: that's awesome, sounds really exciting!

ReputationRep:
    I do all essay and coursework subjects so I hear people takling about *proper* science subjects (I do applied science) and i'm like...
    WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Have moved into my new room with the people I'll be staying with for the next 2 years :awesome: Have to connect to the internet by routing the wireless through my phone and then into my computer by USB, but that shouldn't be necessary by tomorrow
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So today I arranged to go, by myself, to stay on a farm more than 100 miles away from where I live, with people I've never met before, to assist with lambing 1200 ewes over Easter and the February half term. I'm gonna fail my A-Levels, but now I have the opportunity to play with lickle baby sheepsies, so it's okay

(Original post by Spacey368)
    I do all essay and coursework subjects so I hear people takling about *proper* science subjects (I do applied science) and i'm like...
    WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?
    Haha, in contrast I do no essay subjects (I now realise that that was a stupid idea) so my ability to write has died

(Original post by MangoFreak)
    Have moved into my new room with the people I'll be staying with for the next 2 years :awesome: Have to connect to the internet by routing the wireless through my phone and then into my computer by USB, but that shouldn't be necessary by tomorrow
    What happened to the situation where you thought you'd have to move back to Australia? (No problem if it's personal or you don't want to share or whatever, I'm just asking 'cause I was away for a while so I assume I missed it ) It's great that you managed to stay, either way

ReputationRep:
    Any OCR critical thinkers??? i just start Unit 1 and the mock is on mid January.. Help needed. Advice needed.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the situation where you thought you'd have to move back to Australia? (No problem if it's personal or you don't want to share or whatever, I'm just asking 'cause I was away for a while so I assume I missed it ) It's great that you managed to stay, either way
    I would have had to, but I'm staying with friends now They live literally 20 metres from my previous abode :mmm: Leaving for Australia on Thursday, coming back first Friday of January :five:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.