Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it sad im actually quite upset that i cant afford to get my nails done for graduation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Yeah, I like drama for the fun aspect but I don't know if I'll be able to stop comparing myself to everyone else and actually enjoy it. Plus at this rate I won't even get a part

It's just making me a bit sad, I want her to be happy but I really liked that guy (it seems what when I rarely like people I always fall for them pretty hard) and I don't know how I feel about it.. Like, I'm pretty much over him and stuff, it's been almost a year and we stayed friends, but if they end up together im gonna be jealous that he picked her and I wasn't good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had that happen to me a few times too, i'm often a "good friend", but i lack both physical attraction and personality, so i'm rarely more than a friend. My friends however, always have more personality and better looks than me, so i guess it's a no brainer really. :|

Sounds like it may be best to just leave her to it, you don't need to stress yourself out over something you don't need to :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    I've had that happen to me a few times too, i'm often a "good friend", but i lack both physical attraction and personality, so i'm rarely more than a friend. My friends however, always have more personality and better looks than me, so i guess it's a no brainer really. :|

Sounds like it may be best to just leave her to it, you don't need to stress yourself out over something you don't need to :hugs:
    Don't be silly, you shouldn't put yourself down! I know you're a great person to be around :hugs:

Yeah, if she keeps bringing it up I might tell her it makes me feel awkward but it's brought up the fact that I'm gonna be alone forever :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Don't be silly, you shouldn't put yourself down! I know you're a great person to be around :hugs:

Yeah, if she keeps bringing it up I might tell her it makes me feel awkward but it's brought up the fact that I'm gonna be alone forever :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If i won't be alone forever, then you definately won't be It's a shame there isn't enough people that appreciate your awesomeness :< :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps i can get to bed at a half decent time tonight...maybe. Inb4 i end up rolling around in bed for 4 hours .__.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hugs for all those having a bad night. Hope you're all asleep by now :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: definitely didn't just wake up...

ReputationRep:
    One physical illness after another is really taking its toll on me mentally as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    One physical illness after another is really taking its toll on me mentally as well
    :console: hopefully you feel better physically & mentally soon then! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    anyone else take slow release beta-blockers for anxiety/panic disorder? Do you think they are helping you?
    it's not slow release, but i take propanolol PRN (usually only for exams though) and i honestly don't think i would be where i am today without it - before, i would have panic attacks whenever i sat in an exam hall and my anxiety would get so bad during exams that i'd either have to leave or i'd fail the exam, and nowadays i just take one an hour before my exam, and i feel so much calmer, a lot less shaky and obviously i don't get the physical things like palpitations or hyperventilation
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Feel completely crap and haven't even got out of bed yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I genuinely don't know what to do anymore. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    it's not slow release, but i take propanolol PRN (usually only for exams though) and i honestly don't think i would be where i am today without it - before, i would have panic attacks whenever i sat in an exam hall and my anxiety would get so bad during exams that i'd either have to leave or i'd fail the exam, and nowadays i just take one an hour before my exam, and i feel so much calmer, a lot less shaky and obviously i don't get the physical things like palpitations or hyperventilation
    I'm so glad they help you. I've been prescribed them for my panic attacks and I feel better already in those acute anxiety situations. Only problem I have with them is that i've got Reynolds and they make the symptoms worse. Worth it though. I'll just layer up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :console: hopefully you feel better physically & mentally soon then! :hugs:
    I should be going to the library today but it's just not happening, **** it

ReputationRep:
    Morning people. Hope everyone has a good day today. :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    second meeting with potential dissertation supervisor went well, and i think i've decided on my choices now only thing is that my personal tutor advised me not to do a subject thats got a personal connection to it, and my first choice dissertation is about mental wellbeing in medical students, which is obv very personal to me. so i'm risking it a bit there, but i really really really want to do it so i think i'm gonna go for it anyway :/

(Original post by Cinnie)
    I'm so glad they help you. I've been prescribed them for my panic attacks and I feel better already in those acute anxiety situations. Only problem I have with them is that i've got Reynolds and they make the symptoms worse. Worth it though. I'll just layer up.
    everything just seems to slow down, right? the first time i took them i was pretty freaked out because it felt so strange

ReputationRep:
    my last update kinda got ignored…tl;dr we conclude I am experiencing obsesses and intrusive thoughts as part of either anxiety or OCD. I may have Aspergers as I score high on the AS spectrum. Due to some of my unusual thoughts I may be at risk of psychosis although this is unlikely. Asked for referral for assessment for one of these-I suspect OCD, Aspergers or both.

I'm on Step 3 atm, 4 sessions into CBT booster sessions with an integrative therapist who's been great, but wants to move me to Step 4 (Psychologies) for more effective treatment, what does this mean?

(Original post by Riku)
    my last update kinda got ignored…tl;dr we conclude I am experiencing obsesses and intrusive thoughts as part of either anxiety or OCD. I may have Aspergers as I score high on the AS spectrum. Due to some of my unusual thoughts I may be at risk of psychosis although this is unlikely. Asked for referral for assessment for one of these-I suspect OCD, Aspergers or both.

I'm on Step 3 atm, 4 sessions into CBT booster sessions with an integrative therapist who's been great, but wants to move me to Step 4 (Psychologies) for more effective treatment, what does this mean?
    Did you just ask your GP for a referral for Asperger's? I'm 95% sure I have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Feel completely crap and haven't even got out of bed yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I genuinely don't know what to do anymore. :cry2:
    Awww :console: what's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Did you just ask your GP for a referral for Asperger's? I'm 95% sure I have it.
    yup

it is difficult to tell whether it's just a side effect of my sleep deprivation on some days and suspected OCD etc., however.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.