Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    No, because your challenge was over in February after you got butt ****ed at Anfield. You finished three positions and 7 points off the pace.

Dunno in what eyes you call that competing.
    7 Points, so if the result at City had been the same as this year we'd have been in it until the last game?

The main reason we crumbled was due to **** performances against the top 4 and injuries with insufficient back up. We've already gone some way to solving the former, and only need a few players to solve the latter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ramsey on the right wing works for the time being I guess but I think it's only here until we get Debuchy back for RB so Ramsey won't have to cover Bellerin's side anymore.
    That being said, who do people want on being our first choice RB now that Debuchy IS back? Do we keep Bellerin after the form he's having or do we risk putting Debuchy back into the side after missing pretty much the whole season so there's no guarantee if he's match sharp.

Who do we put out on loan next season too, Jenkinson or Bellerin. At this point I'd rather put Bellerin out on loan to another PL side and have Jenkinson play as backup RB.
    Jenkinson would challenge Debuchy for starting RB position, Bellerin has more chance of taking RW position off Welbeck than RB. Is it even a genuine question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Jenkinson would challenge Debuchy for starting RB position, Bellerin has more chance of taking RW position off Welbeck than RB. Is it even a genuine question?

There's no reason to put him on RW though ffs. He's pacey I'll give him that but generally his link up play with the rest of the squad is quite poor along with his decision making. Not that I'm blaming him because he's only 20 but just because he's better than Welbeck doesn't mean either of them deserve a spot on the wing. I'd much rather buy a new winger this summer tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There's no reason to put him on RW though ffs. He's pacey I'll give him that but generally his link up play with the rest of the squad is quite poor along with his decision making. Not that I'm blaming him because he's only 20 but just because he's better than Welbeck doesn't mean either of them deserve a spot on the wing. I'd much rather buy a new winger this summer tbh.
    That's my point, he can't defend for **** and makes up for it offensively. Which is why loaning him over Jenk next season is a no brainer.

Agree on the winger front, we definitely need a new one

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck on the wing contributes more defensively than Bellerin.

ReputationRep:
    7 Points, so if the result at City had been the same as this year we'd have been in it until the last game?

The main reason we crumbled was due to **** performances against the top 4 and injuries with insufficient back up. We've already gone some way to solving the former, and only need a few players to solve the latter...

It wasn't just a case of injuries though. We lost needless points in fixtures such as Swansea (flamini own goal..) Southampton away, Villa at home etc and we should have beat UTD at home too.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Legit excited to see Diaby on the bench for Saturday :awesome:

Good to also see that Szczesny will be starting against Reading, Wenger's been really tough on him (rightly so). Honestly didn't think he'll be out this long.

ReputationRep:
    So Chelsea have Man U and Arsenal up next.. if your to scrape a title this has to be the time you do it (plus get a bit lucky).

ReputationRep:
    So being top for over 100 days last year doesn't count as competing? :rolleyes:

We only need a top player or 2 and a few squad players who are versatile and we're in business for a prolonged challenge. All we need is another transfer window in the summer where no starting XI player leaves without being replaced and adding a couple of players and we'll have a strong squad for next year
    No we were no competition we were out of the title race by March. Hopefully next year we will return to the top of the mountain but I doubt that will happen as long as Wenger is in charge.

ReputationRep:
    Even if they lose to UTD and us we'd still be around 4 points behind. Sick to death of hearing the title ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Even if they lose to UTD and us we'd still be around 4 points behind. Sick to death of hearing the title ffs
    You want them to beat utd actually. 2nd even if you lose at OT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You want them to beat utd actually. 2nd even if you lose at OT

Yeah I do, games at OT and playing Chelsea means we could drop back to 3rd or even 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It wasn't just a case of injuries though. We lost needless points in fixtures such as Swansea (flamini own goal..) Southampton away, Villa at home etc and we should have beat UTD at home too.
    Definitely add I've said on here before our big problem is the 6-10 teams but taking what 3 points from the current other top 5 teams was the big problem.

Chelsea haven't lost a head to head against any of the top 5 this season (I.e. always got the same or more points from their two fixtures against top 5) so its clear where we've gone wrong.

We're the form side in Europe right now and only need a few players to add to complement the team and take it to the next level. Next season is going to be a huge 3 way battle for the title

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the title was officially won last week tbh if they'd dropped points to QPR it might just be doable but Chelsea have to drop at least 10 points from 6 games, 2 of which are guaranteed wins at home to midtable fodder. Its over and anyone saying anything else is deluded

ReputationRep:
    Definitely add I've said on here before our big problem is the 6-10 teams but taking what 3 points from the current other top 5 teams was the big problem.

Chelsea haven't lost a head to head against any of the top 5 this season (I.e. always got the same or more points from their two fixtures against top 5) so its clear where we've gone wrong.

We're the form side in Europe right now and only need a few players to add to complement the team and take it to the next level. Next season is going to be a huge 3 way battle for the title
    Oh I was referring to games last season haha but yeah this season has been quite poor in that regard too

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about form? We are out of the PL race, CL and we only have to beat Reading to get to the final. It's too late now we should have performed at the beginning of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Oh I was referring to games last season haha but yeah this season has been quite poor in that regard too
    Yeah I know, its problem we've had for a few seasons now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Who cares about form? We are out of the PL race, CL and we only have to beat Reading to get to the final. It's too late now we should have performed at the beginning of the season.
    Have you ever said anything positive on this thread...or on tsr at all?

It matters in respect to starting strong next season and what we can do with a fully fit squad. It showed last season when we finished the 2012-2013 campaign strongly leading to us starting last season very strong

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever said anything positive on this thread...or on tsr at all?

It matters in respect to starting strong next season and what we can do with a fully fit squad. It showed last season when we finished the 2012-2013 campaign strongly leading to us starting last season very strong
    I will be positive when we win the PL I'm sick of failing. The team and the manager have let us down time and time again we need to win the league. We should be chasing Man Utd and Liverpool's record for PL titles not allowing Chelsea to catch up to us.

ReputationRep:
    I saw something the other day, sorry if it's a repost on here:

Media: Arsenal have a chance at winning the league.
    Arsenal fans: Lol nah, we have no chance.
    Chelsea fans: AHA ARSENAL THINK THEY CAN WIN THE LEAGUE

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.