Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Corbyn tried playing nicely with the "moderates", letting them have their way on so many things and yet they still continue to undermine him against the will of the membership. I glad he has finally put his foot down with Benn and long may it continue.
    letting them have their way would be giving them a chance of not being destroyed as the tradition opposition in this country next election

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    letting them have their way would be giving them a chance of not being destroyed as the tradition opposition in this country next election
    Most recent polls showing Labour 3% behind the Conservatives, and that's before he's even set out his economic platform to the electorate. Far from ideal, but not exactly getting destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Most recent polls showing Labour 3% behind the Conservatives, and that's before he's even set out his economic platform to the electorate. Far from ideal, but not exactly getting destroyed.
    a recent poll said a third of our voters from 2015 won't vote for us as things stand, and corbyn obviously cannot win over the masses of tories he needs to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    a recent poll said a third of our voters from 2015 won't vote for us as things stand, and corbyn obviously cannot win over the masses of tories he needs to win.
    our voters? You're a tory, right..?

The poll you refer to is pretty irrelevant, what matters is that actual vote percentage the polls give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    our voters? You're a tory, right..?

The poll you refer to is pretty irrelevant, what matters is that actual vote percentage the polls give.
    yeah i am but was labour until 2015. Got caught up in my old emotions lol.

Nah what matters in translations of votes into seats. We only fell a few percent behind the tories last election, but got wiped out.

ReputationRep:
    Heidi Alexander was a good vocal opponent to Hunt, but herself condemn the junior doctors. Good riddance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1466935981642.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cBay)
    After Thursday i'd put money on an increased Tory majority were an election to occur. I also don't think the economic arguments will feature as much at the next election because once the new Tory leader gets on the stage, they'll go straight after the fact that he's a republican.. he wants to leave NATO.. he does'nt support the union and wants the Falklands gone. Just as Labour were somewhat muffled during the EU referendum, this will ensure that he never gets a chance to set out any economic vision.

He's an absolute gift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    After Thursday i'd put money on an increased Tory majority were an election to occur. I also don't think the economic arguments will feature as much at the next election because once the new Tory leader gets on the stage, they'll go straight after the fact that he's a republican.. he wants to leave NATO.. he does'nt support the union and wants the Falklands gone. Just as Labour were somewhat muffled during the EU referendum, this will ensure that he never gets a chance to set out any economic vision.

He's an absolute gift.
    That sort of crap is nothing when you point out that the UK is going to disintegrate because of brexit, of which the new tory leader will presumably have been a supporter of.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    That sort of crap is nothing when you point out that the UK going to disintegrate because of brexit, of which the new tory leader will presumably have been a supporter of.
    Except it isn't going to disintegrate, even before the debate has begun and while emotions are still running high along with the levels of butthurt independence only has a 4% lead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Except it isn't going to disintegrate, even before the debate has begun and while emotions are still running high along with the levels of butthurt independence only has a 4% lead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last I saw was 59% for independence, so presumably an 18 point lead.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That assumes that you trust the polls.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Last I saw was 59% for independence, so presumably an 18 point lead.
    From an unidentified pollster, with a BPC poll late last night giving only 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    That assumes that you trust the polls.
    I trust them enough to know there will be no referendum any time soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I trust them enough to know there will be no referendum any time soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I still feel we will see that referendum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Daily mail is reporting that Sturgeon has already been told to **** off by Brussels

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...not-works.html

Apparently now she thinks she can block brexit, somehow. She needs institutionalising it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Daily mail is reporting that Sturgeon has already been told to **** off by Brussels

Apparently now she thinks she can block brexit, somehow. She needs institutionalising it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a House of Lords report suggesting that the Welsh, Irish and scots would have to approve brexit under uk law.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    There was a House of Lords report suggesting that the Welsh, Irish and scots would have to approve brexit under uk law.
    Citation?

And lol, 39k signatures from the Vatican for a second referendum, population 800

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Citation?

And lol, 39k signatures from the Vatican for a second referendum, population 800

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.publications.parliament.u...om/138/138.pdf

On page 19

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol I love how much she pisses you tories off, she's a top class troll

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.