Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Midnight was as scary as Blink, if not more, for me. Unknown entity and the Doctor at a total loss of what to do, and how to deal with it.
    Oh yeah! Forgot about that one. It was pretty scary, but it wasn't quite the stuff of nightmares that Blink was. Really was a good'un though. That Merlin guy was good in it too. The whole episode reminded me a little of Lord of the Flies actually.

ReputationRep:
    Watching Silence in the Library.

:teeth: Amazing two-parter.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN! I'm going to miss the first episode I'm going to be abroad on the 23rd and won't be back until the 29th
    Thank god for iPlayer i guess but it's never the same :mad:

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be incredible.

For anyone who cares, here's a shot-by-shot analysis of the latest trailer.

Nerdy^42.

ReputationRep:
    io9 links never seem to go to the article for me :|

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
    io9 links never seem to go to the article for me :|
    Remove the "uk" in the domain and it should take you to the place.

It's the same link as the one a user posted a few pages back anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The one above works for me now

Not sure if that has been posted, but i09 got a clip and

Spoiler:
    Show
    And the second clip was from Neil Gaiman's episode, "The Doctor's Wife." The Doctor, Amy and Rory are on the spaceship graveyard planet, meeting a group of four or five people — including an Ood. Amy is alarmed by the Ood, but the Doctor tells her not to be scared. The Ood has a broken speech globe, but the Doctor repairs it — at which point, a babble of weird voices comes out until it shuts off. The Doctor is incredibly freaked out, and starts asking who else is there. Just The House, explains the older woman in the group of natives. They're inside The House and standing on it — the whole planet is The Room. The Doctor can meet The House if he likes. The Doctor is very eager to do so — and Amy asks what those voices were. "Time Lords," the Doctor explains. Near here someplace, there are "lots and lots of Time Lords."

:teeth:

I'm guess that relates to the following dialogue -

"Fear me: I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."
    "Fear me: I've killed all of them."

ReputationRep:
    Midnight was as scary as Blink, if not more, for me. Unknown entity and the Doctor at a total loss of what to do, and how to deal with it.
    I found Blink scarier, 'cause it was more likely to happen. Midnight being on another planet meant it just wasn't as bad.

ReputationRep:
    Interviews with a few new short clips of the first two episodes -

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving the fact the new series starts on the 23rd as it's the day after my birthday so it means I can be lazy all day recovering from the hangover and watch Doctor Who later on :grin:

For me by far Blink was the scariest episode those damn angels are so damn creepy, my sister (who is 21 :laugh: ) refused to come in the room while the episode was still on.

ReputationRep:
    Episode Synopses for episodes 1 and 2 in spoiler tags below.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Episode 1: The Impossible Astronaut)
    Four envelopes, numbered 2, 3 and 4, each containing a date, time and map reference, unsigned, but TARDIS blue. Who sent them? And who received the missing number one? This strange summons reunites the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song in the middle of the Utah desert and unveils a terrible secret the Doctor’s friends must never reveal to him.

Placing his life entirely in their hands, the Doctor agrees to search for the recipient of the fourth envelope – just who is Canton Everett Delaware the Third? And what is the relevance of their only other clue: ‘Space 1969?? Their quest lands them – quite literally – in the Oval Office, where they are enlisted by President Nixon himself to assist enigmatic former-FBI agent Canton, in saving a terrified little girl from a mysterious spaceman.

(Original post by Episode 2: Day of the Moon)
    The Doctor is locked in the perfect prison. Amy, Rory and River Song are being hunted down across America by the FBI. With the help of new friend and FBI-insider, Canton Everett Delaware the Third, our heroes are reunited to share their discoveries, if not their memories. For the world is occupied by an alien force who control humanity through post-hypnotic suggestion and no one can be trusted. Aided by President Nixon and Neil Armstrong’s foot, the Doctor must mount a revolution to drive out the enemy and rescue the missing little girl. No-one knows why they took her. Or why they have kidnapped Amy Pond…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Episode Synopses for episodes 1 and 2 in spoiler tags below.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Must. Resist. O_O

ReputationRep:
    Thought people might not want to see it outright, since the synopses are so awesome, so put them in spoiler tags Even though they give nothing away really XD Just really generic plot hints.

ReputationRep:
    Water of Mars was a creepy episode. Not to mention a fantastic one. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed from the BBC Trailer that Tennant's Tardis makes an appearance, unless my eyes are deceiving me! Tennant returns? :love:

ReputationRep:
    Midnight scared the living daylights out of me.

The Silents are setting up to be even more scary. My favourite shots from the trailer -
    Silent screenshots

(Original post by Rascacielos)
    Just noticed from the BBC Trailer that Tennant's Tardis makes an appearance, unless my eyes are deceiving me! Tennant returns? :love:
    You mean this?

No, Tennant is not returning.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of purchasing 1 or 2 dvd's from the classic series, as I've only ever watched the new series. Where would people suggest is a good starting place? There are so many i have no idea which one to buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Water of Mars was a creepy episode. Not to mention a fantastic one. :awesome:
    That episode sucked apart from the last three minutes.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.