Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...#disqus_thread

Did anyone read this article in the telegraph today? I don't generally read the telegraph, but it was bought to my attention by a palliative care CNS. It's so depressing to see such a poorly researched and ignorant article portraying the good work and intentions of palliative care staff in such a horrible light. I was reading the comments and they were making me wild!
    OMG, that is appalling writing. Rage.

Thankfully some sensible comments (and some crazy ones) on the article, which really is a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-6270914.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    my sleeping pattern is ****ed.
    Story of my life and despite all attempts cannot seem to sort it out. Maybe we are destined to work night shifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    So apparently I have to phone my bank every single year so they give me an overdraft. You'd think they could automate such a system, but no.

On the plus side, got my limit extended to £1700.
    I never bothered opening a student account, but am finally doing it now at Barclays. They tell me I can get a £2000 OD. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Story of my life and despite all attempts cannot seem to sort it out. Maybe we are destined to work night shifts.
    Same. It all began at the start of second year. But I do find my most productive time seems to be 7pm to 3am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I never bothered opening a student account, but am finally doing it now at Barclays. They tell me I can get a £2000 OD. :cool:
    I went to increase my OD at Halifax (by a very small account) and there were so many questions! Literally had to spend about 30 minutes answering questions like 'where does this money go?' 'what is this direct debit for?'. Never been asked so many questions before. :/ (Also I am in my 4th year so don't know why there were being so protrusive).

Can't wait to get more monies in Jan until I can move to Natwest. I like their lost card scheme where you can get emergency cash if you lose your card. As I always lose things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...#disqus_thread

Did anyone read this article in the telegraph today? I don't generally read the telegraph, but it was bought to my attention by a palliative care CNS. It's so depressing to see such a poorly researched and ignorant article portraying the good work and intentions of palliative care staff in such a horrible light. I was reading the comments and they were making me wild!
    That's some rather terrible writing by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue what they're on about. And some of the comments - "they gave her some morphine to finish her off" - I mean, seriously... :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Same. It all began at the start of second year. But I do find my most productive time seems to be 7pm to 3am.
    Same with the productivity. Every essay I've written since leaving school has been completed at 3 or 4am, regardless of what time I started writing. I think it's the peace and quiet at that time of night that helps.

ReputationRep:
    http://medicine2.keele.ac.uk/xmas/merry_christmas.html

Haha. Bless them...

ReputationRep:
    they really went to town on that multiculturalism didn't they

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    they really went to town on that multiculturalism didn't they
    So much so that it's patently contrived.

ReputationRep:
    Contrived, maybe. But it's still a nice gesture!

ReputationRep:
    SBA finals for Paeds/GP/Derm tomorrow - wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Same with the productivity. Every essay I've written since leaving school has been completed at 3 or 4am, regardless of what time I started writing. I think it's the peace and quiet at that time of night that helps.
    Definitely, much less distractions. But I don't like it when it gets to 5am and birds start singing outside. Instantly hits me that I need to sleep and can't then get to sleep as have too much medicine on my mind.

Haha thats cool, I like how they really personalised it rather than send a generic e-card.

Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Warwick would never do that...more like, "Merry Christmas! By the way, before you go, here are some exams, which only 80% of you will pass. We'll see that 80% in January!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Awesome! Warwick would never do that...more like, "Merry Christmas! By the way, before you go, here are some exams, which only 80% of you will pass. We'll see that 80% in January!"
    Is it really that cut throat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Oh dear, feel sorry for you guys - only 80% pass?!

We got an e-card from one lecturer and a Christmas formative from another.

We are spoiled (to be honest we did have exams on Jan 5th so any exam material was helpful - was just funny as they wrote they put the formative together for Christmas...)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have my modular OSCE tomorrow :afraid:

And why has everybody been systematically negged? Although I can probably guess who's responsible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I have my modular OSCE tomorrow :afraid:
    Good luck to both of you! :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.