Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ''We are not going to sell Luis.'
    'we do not have time to replace him'
    'So for football reasons we can’t'
    'We’ve made that clear'
    'I have said to Ivan Gazidis in a personal conversation that we will not sell to Arsenal'
    'It is unequivocal'
    'To sell to a rival for those Champions League positions, or one of them, would be ludicrous.'
    'Whatever the bid is, we won’t sell him.''

John Henry.

We told you all along, we bloody told you all along. It's not happening lads. Who is going to be your star striker?

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner will be like a new signing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Top 5 CB lol. Not even the best french CB. Sakho and Varane (him especially) are both better than him.
    You mean the guy that's been left out of the French squad. The guy that Kos gets picked ahead of into the French starting XI.

Ah you Chelsea fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Sakho better than Koscielny :rofl::rofl:
    LOL Varane looks good because he has one season as a youngster at RM...

...Boss will show who's king this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Top 5 CB lol. Not even the best french CB. Sakho and Varane (him especially) are both better than him.
    When was the last time you actually watched Sakho play? On what basis is he better than Kos? He didn't even get called up to the latest French national team squad. If your're gunna bash Arsenal use your brain and come up with a logical arguments not fickle assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    LOL Varane looks good because he has one season as a youngster at RM...

...Boss will show who's king this season.
    Nah Varane is actually really really talented. Guy is a brick wall, beast of a defender. Already one of the best CB's and he's like 20.

Varane-Koscielny partnership for France in the World Cup is pretty sick. Would be funny if Rami or Mexes somehow made it in there though :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Nah Varane is actually really really talented. Guy is a brick wall, beast of a defender. Already one of the best CB's and he's like 20.

Varane-Koscielny partnership for France in the World Cup is pretty sick. Would be funny if Rami or Mexes somehow made it in there though :rofl:
    France have been aweful for a while, will be interesting to see how they perform in the WC. Haven't got a great squad otherwise tbh.

ReputationRep:

Hes actually shut Messi down I'd say could be a one off wonder performance but still hes played so well. Madrid got such a steal with him.

Haha Dante situation where Luiz some how gets ahead of him :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, looks like only sev seemed to actually get mad at the Sakho comment. Bit of a shame but at least I got a lot of responses. :cool:

Agreec with Varane but Sakho. Please tell me that was a typo :rofl:

Ok he's probably top three CB in the league then or are you now going to argue that Gary Cahill is better?
    Realistically, I would put him as #3 (or #4) in the league, yes. Cahill lol...

ReputationRep:
    France have been aweful for a while, will be interesting to see how they perform in the WC. Haven't got a great squad otherwise tbh.
    France are a bit like England imo, they've been trying to create their own version of Spanish football and it didn't work out due to poor management and tactics. They need to find their own distinct footballing identity again. Just like England the talent is there but they need the right tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    He didn';t keep him in his pocket :laugh: Messi still was one of the best players on the pitch :laugh: He had a good game and grew in confidence the second half.

Id say he could replace Kompany if he doesn't pick up his form.

Dante though I'll say has been the best defender in the world probably bar Barzagli.
    What you on about???

Koscielny and Djourou both played the game of their lives, didn't even realise messi was on the pitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    ''We are not going to sell Luis.'
    'we do not have time to replace him'
    'So for football reasons we can’t'
    'We’ve made that clear'
    'I have said to Ivan Gazidis in a personal conversation that we will not sell to Arsenal'
    'It is unequivocal'
    'To sell to a rival for those Champions League positions, or one of them, would be ludicrous.'
    'Whatever the bid is, we won’t sell him.''

John Henry.

We told you all along, we bloody told you all along. It's not happening lads. Who is going to be your star striker?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376003557.011900.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  123.6 KB
    Doesn't mean anything tbh. Just makes Henry look more stupid when you do sell him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a load of crap haha.

Djourou was disgustingly poor. Koscielny was much better then him.

:rofl:

Also Invincibles even said he was kidding
    How was Djourou disgustingly poor in the 2-1 win at the emirates???

I know messi obviously played well but to say djourou was poor is bs

ReputationRep:
    Haha Dante situation where Luiz some how gets ahead of him :confused:
    Thiago Silva is always going to be first choice, and I think a Thiago Silva/Luiz partnership works better than a Thiago Silva/Dante partnership would, despite Dante being the better defender.

ReputationRep:
    "He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in, because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement.

"It's a football reason, it's not about finances. That's why, at this point, so late in the window, with everyone who's already moved or isn't moving, we can't replace him. So, for football reasons, we can't sell, and especially to Arsenal."
    - John Henry, Liverpool owner

does it bother you that if Wenger had made the move in like June, you might have had a chance? Some things never change.

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of Frimpong? He hasn't played many games at all and is 21 but I think we should give him a run in midfield, could be a good anchor man in front of the back 4 and he likes to tackle hard
    Rofl you are getting desperate now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    France are a bit like England imo, they've been trying to create their own version of Spanish football and it didn't work out due to poor management and tactics. They need to find their own distinct footballing identity again. Just like England the talent is there but they need the right tactics.
    Ah okay, if England go out, I would love to see Belgium do well. A tiny nation with some great players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    does it bother you that if Wenger had made the move in like June, you might have had a chance? Some things never change.
    In hindsight I guess you can argue that, but moving earlier has it's ups and downs; had Wenger made his move earlier on it could have attracted the attention of clubs like PSG, Monaco, City, Juventus and Napoli who were all on the hunt for a striker, but have since signed players. There'd have been a lot more competition to sign him from clubs who could provide more attractive bids to Liverpool/Suarez, whereas now there's virtually no competition (none whatsoever apparently).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    "He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in, because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement.

"It's a football reason, it's not about finances. That's why, at this point, so late in the window, with everyone who's already moved or isn't moving, we can't replace him. So, for football reasons, we can't sell, and especially to Arsenal."
    - John Henry, Liverpool owner

Maybe you should wait until the end of the window before you start running your mouth.

It wouldn't surprise me if LFC already have a potential replacement for Suarez, I don't buy into its "to late to sign a replacement" BS. Real Madrid can still come in for him, I doubt LFC would reject €45m bid.

Edit-Just remembered Costa rejected LFC that why its hard to find Suarez's replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    In hindsight I guess you can argue that, but moving earlier has it's ups and downs; had Wenger made his move earlier on it could have attracted the attention of clubs like PSG, Monaco, City, Juventus and Napoli who were all on the hunt for a striker, but have since signed players. There'd have been a lot more competition to sign him from clubs who could provide more attractive bids to Liverpool/Suarez, whereas now there's virtually no competition (none whatsoever apparently).
    that makes no sense at all. If those clubs wanted Suarez, they would have bid for him instead of the players they went for. You think they would go "Oh Arsenal want him so maybe we should too"...? It's different when it's a bit of an unknown player, but Suarez is known across Europe and was publicly open to a transfer.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.