Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Because how often do you go to the Emirates to be ripped off when we have one of the most expensive tickets in the league?
    When I buy the ticket I make my choice. I'm not complaining about being ripped off because I have the choice every time of just not buying a ticket. I am willing to pay the amount because if I wasn't, I simply wouldn't go. You aren't being blackmailed into buying a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    When I buy the ticket I make my choice. I'm not complaining about being ripped off because I have the choice every time of just not buying a ticket. I am willing to pay the amount because if I wasn't, I simply wouldn't go. You aren't being blackmailed into buying a ticket.

Regardless see the edit. The club is sitting on it's ass

ReputationRep:
    346K a week for Falcao, that's late game football manager wages. I can see why we didn't go for him now that is a bit much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i don't think it would be a "miracle" for city to win, although i can't see past chelsea.

i ain't bothered whether we get 2nd, 3rd or 4th - as long as we get a CL place, i couldn't care less.

haha fair enough
    i suppose the personality argument probably works better the other way around...
    The title last season was Chelsea's, they would have easily won if they didn't screw up about 3 games. This season they have improved in every aspect, and with Costa they are playing attacking football, thus bullying every small club (as well as a few big ones). Liverpool will probably be 3rd or 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Portuguese transfer deadline is up. No late moves for Carvalho.

ReputationRep:
    So ern...Any chance that any of you lots play a bit of footie?

ReputationRep:
    DANNY WELBECK HAVING ARSENAL MEDICAL

llooooooool

tune INTO SSN RIGHT NOW!! NO LIES OMFG LOOOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    346K a week for Falcao, that's late game football manager wages. I can see why we didn't go for him now that is a bit much
    It's not so much Falcao pissing me off it's the fact that we've decided not to sign anyone before last minute when the quality was there

Remy, Bony, Mandzukic heck even Ballotelli was thrown towards us (don't care if he's world class or not he's better than what we have)

ReputationRep:
    SSN reporting that Welbz is having a medical at Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    inB4 Welbeck is not a panic buy

ReputationRep:
    I logged off but I had to come back.

WELBECK?! WELBECK?! WELBECK?!

Oh cruel world why must you mock me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DANNY WELBECK WILL BE THE NEXT IAN WRIGHT YOU HEARD IT HERE

Spoiler:
    Show
    not srs

Please source the ****ing medical don't be idiots and just spout it out

ReputationRep:
    We should just screw you guys over after Verm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    SSN reporting that Welbz is having a medical at Arsenal
    He's at Colney with the England team. My heart is hurting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    pls not Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. He'll fit in very nicely at Arsenal. Warning you now though, he's a pussy in front of goal.

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck? Signing him would be like that feeling after you've shagged a minger because it's been a while.

ReputationRep:
    loooooool is it permanent? WENGA PULLIN A MADNESS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Hey even at our worst Arsenal couldn't beat us under Moyes, Falcao, Di Maria and Herrera will terrorise them.
    that's because arsenal are cursed against united.

(Original post by sevchenko)
    is that seriously how much united are paying him?
    or is that his before tax wage at monaco?

i can't bear to think what united's total wage bill will be per week...

(Original post by Arkasia)
    The title last season was Chelsea's, they would have easily won if they didn't screw up about 3 games. This season they have improved in every aspect, and with Costa they are playing attacking football, thus bullying every small club (as well as a few big ones). Liverpool will probably be 3rd or 4th.
    chelsea had a bad, bad season last campaign (even though they made CL semi finals)
    if it wasn't mourinho, people would've been questionning their manager.

we got lucky that chelsea and city didn't run away with it like they should have tbh
    i don't see them both making the same mistake this year though.

3rd or 4th is fine by me.
    we've not played amazing but we have 6 points and we've already played spurs (who look better this year), city (more or less unbeatable at the etihad - lol stoke) and soton (severely underestimated this season).
    i'd say that's a great return.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.