The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I haven't been physically ill in so long, get headaches but nothing too bad

Nah, just cba cba cba idk, doesn't make a difference

Luckyyyy

Jajajaja

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had to email UoM admissions to ask if there's any consideration for lower grades due to having to teach myself sociology because my teacher has been off for 3 months and we had no cover!

Seriously, I will hit the roof if I don't get my A in sociology, my sixth form is trying to ruin me I swear
I've turned into an almightly slacker.... keep procrastinating and wasting the time away..... I will regret this...
Not long now, only +4 more months of studying until we have finished A levels.
University here we come.
:wizard::yep:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Not long now, only +4 more months of studying until we have finished A levels.
University here we come.
:wizard::yep:

time has gone so fast, cant wait until the summer now!
It's my first TSR birthday today, I've just remembered!
Original post by O133

Happy birthday! :tongue:
Original post by O133

Happy birthday! !!
Second tattoo in progress right now; snow white on my thigh
Original post by rachelc142
Second tattoo in progress right now; snow white on my thigh

Wow you're adventurous
This might be stupid but...

I feel like I really want a year out while in uni, and Cambridge doesn't guarantee that.

And now I'm tossing up even firming Cambridge bleurgh

I feel like I applied for the wrong reasons (ie trying to prove people wrong) as opposed to wanting to be surrounded by enthusiastic people (because that'd probably annoy me lol, I don't like talking about school work loads)

But at the same time, I do want to be really really stretched academically and that, and there's a shot at MIT during third year

Idk, also Cambridge give a grand extra each year which is quite a bit

I feel like I really want a year out while in uni, and Cambridge doesn't guarantee that.

I feel like I applied for the wrong reasons (ie trying to prove people wrong) as opposed to wanting to be surrounded by enthusiastic people (because that'd probably annoy me lol, I don't like talking about school work loads)

But at the same time, I do want to be really really stretched academically and that, and there's a shot at MIT during third year

What'd be the alternative?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
What'd be the alternative?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham/Bristol
Original post by O133

Happy bday
Durham/Bristol

In that case, either way you'd still be going to very strong universities if you decide Cambs isn't for you. Going to 'Oxbridge' isn't the be all and end all, you'd certainly be as challenged at either of those two.

I'd say, really look into what you want to do and which environment you'd suceed better in - what is your opinion on the 8 week terms? Have you spoken to people at Cambs right now to get an idea of the learning environment? Make a pros/cons list and come to a conclusion.

And, for the goodness of everything in this world, don't be swayed by people touting the prestige factor.
Original post by Princepieman
In that case, either way you'd still be going to very strong universities if you decide Cambs isn't for you. Going to 'Oxbridge' isn't the be all and end all, you'd certainly be as challenged at either of those two.

I'd say, really look into what you want to do and which environment you'd suceed better in - what is your opinion on the 8 week terms? Have you spoken to people at Cambs right now to get an idea of the learning environment? Make a pros/cons list and come to a conclusion.

And, for the goodness of everything in this world, don't be swayed by people touting the prestige factor.

Hmmmm

8 week terms is a super selling point lol, just a hardcore 8 weeks, get it all done. Sum it all over in a week of holidays, and relax. Might sound naive to think I can do that but hey ho

Thanks, I shall make a mental list

I j feel I'll get a lot of backlash if I don't.

Go to Cambridge, if you change your mind, you can go elsewhere. You can't do this the other way round.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Go to Cambridge, if you change your mind, you can go elsewhere. You can't do this the other way round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can go elsewhere how? Transferring wouldn't be easy with NatSci to single science

That and all the hassle of finance
Hmmmm

8 week terms is a super selling point lol, just a hardcore 8 weeks, get it all done. Sum it all over in a week of holidays, and relax. Might sound naive to think I can do that but hey ho

Thanks, I shall make a mental list

I j feel I'll get a lot of backlash if I don't.

Hahaha, you say that but from what I've heard that one week of "summing over" generally becomes a good month or more of revision. I was at MIT for 6 weeks last summer and that was more than enough for me - way too much pressure!!

Awesome, have serious think about it.

Don't be, it's not their life it's yours - there's always postgrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can go elsewhere how? Transferring wouldn't be easy with NatSci to single science

That and all the hassle of finance

Just transfer to another NatSci Uni.

Oxbridge degrees aren't about the course or the atmosphere. They're about the prestige, reputation, and connections. Durham just doesn't offer that to the same extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest