Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    No chance.
    On the contrary - we have a game in hand, so if we just need to beat united. It's certainly feasible although less probable after today.

Start Jens next match imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Why don't you go and check on your phone?

We have to beat United, no matter what happens now... for pride if not the title.
    Baffling response. At least your cretinous posts have been found out by this Soc.

ReputationRep:
    heard almunia messed up?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how we don't bundle lucky wins like Man United do... it's odd isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    It is still in our hands. So can we not over-react but Wenger needs to look at his tactics/players during the international break.
    Win game in hand, win against Man United at home and we're top.

Well... I suppose the mental strength to come back from two goals down is something. Lets take it game by game, shall we?

ReputationRep:
      I don't understand how we don't bundle lucky wins like Man United do... it's odd isn't it.
      No it isn't they concentrate for 90 mins every game and work hard.

ReputationRep:
      'We showed great spirit' Blah, blah, bull**** shameful defending, not good enough. Hopeless 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
      Old Trafford :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Will sum up the match later.

But Wenger moving on may not be so bad after all. To think we started the season with Almunia as our number 1 is quite worrying.

ReputationRep:
      Our good players just haven't perfomed this side of the new year tbh, apart from Jack but he wasn't great today either

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by milkytea)
      On the contrary - we have a game in hand, so if we just need to beat united. It's certainly feasible although less probable after today.

Start Jens next match imho.
      If you defend like today which is highly likely you will have no chance.

(Original post by jit987)
        It is still in our hands. So can we not over-react but Wenger needs to look at his tactics/players during the international break.
        Win game in hand, win against Man United at home and we're top.
        The thing that concerns me is that our game in hand is away against Tottenham: a very loseable match. Though watching them play West Ham today was encouraging - if Cole hadn't had a mare, the Hammer could well have won.

ReputationRep:
        Personally I'd have expected a draw from today's game, and given that we lost the home fixture that's an impressive comeback to make up for Almunia's catastrophic error.

Blackburn(H) and Blackpool(A) are our next two games - we should really be getting 6 points.

Man U are likely to be without their 3 first-choice CBs for their game at West Ham too - possible banana skin?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by T.Adams VI)
        Will sum up the match later.

But Wenger moving on may not be so bad after all. To think we started the season with Almunia as our number 1 is quite worrying.
        I don't think people were complaining at the start of the season... Almunia isn't great, not at all... But for now we need to get behind the team that is out there.

I think we should throw Jens in if he's fit. Why the **** not?

But your reaction re: Wenger is classic knee-jerk.

United's defence is decimated and they should've lost... there's 8 more games they could lose. We just need to actually remember what winning is and go ****ing do it.

ReputationRep:
        Squillaci and Koscielny have kept 1 clean sheet in 12 Prem games, Almunia is a joke and we have useless players like Denilson that somehow get in the team. After the international break we need Theo, Song and Cesc back and go on some excellent run. Our run in is also very tough, we should be several points clear by now ffs.

ReputationRep:
        Did well to come back from 2 down but United's result means it's not enough. Didn't get to see most of the game so will wait until I've seen extended before I properly comment but that's a very disappointing result.

Almunia mistake? Shocking.

ReputationRep:
        I think Wenger should note how much more effective going 442 was. Without cesc and song we shouldn't be sticking to the standard formation using denilson when we could be bringing in a 2nd striker with some height, whichever one that is.
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MoMatrix)
        No.Just no.
        Why not? We could've won it. At least we're not out of it and coming back like that will help our confidence.

United get handed a win they frankly don't deserve.

How come Carson hasn't screwed up?

United should not be winning that game. Stupid.
        Haven't been watching the United game but that's what you need to do - win games you don't deserve to. And Carson screwed up plenty of times at the end (completely missed at least two crosses), we just didn't take advantage.

(Original post by Colbert)
        Did RVP score or was it an own goal?
        Looked like RVP got it to me.

(Original post by vn2009)
        heard almunia messed up?
        Their 2nd goal was a mix up with Squillaci, so they messed up between themselves, yeah.

ReputationRep:
        I don't think people were complaining at the start of the season... Almunia isn't great, not at all... But for now we need to get behind the team that is out there.

I think we should throw Jens in if he's fit. Why the **** not?

But your reaction re: Wenger is classic knee-jerk.

United's defence is decimated and they should've lost... there's 8 more games they could lose. We just need to actually remember what winning is and go ****ing do it.
        As I'll exlain later, I'll sum up the match later, but their is a reason why sides like WBA put in their all against us, but roll over against sides like United.

It isn't knee-jerk, it's a thought I've been pondering over for a while, but for reasons different to most peoples.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.