punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
Haha

Well there are four usually wear:
  • One bright red school leaver's hoody that, even in big rooms, tends to stand out like a sore thumb. It's lovely and warm, so could be good for cold December Oxford.
  • A green and black stripey one - the colour contrast stands out. (This is the one I was thinking of wearing...)
  • One that's black but emblazened with my flute choir's logo
  • One blue and white stripey one (I think). Which isn't very distinctive, but actually works quite nicely as a semi-smart one, so I may well wear that for interviews

This.
Reading about all your jumpers makes me sad because I chose not to wear a coat for some reason and now I'm really cold.

Also Uni of Kent just sent me an email like 'hi it was nice seeing you at uni fair' hahahahahahaha too late. Granted I was never even remotely considering it but still...

And Exeter just sent me a confirmation email today! wheeee
irina793
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got my acknowledgement today! (Thank you for making an application to study Fine Art at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Christ Church. etc).
calamitysarah
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irina793)
Got my acknowledgement today! (Thank you for making an application to study Fine Art at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Christ Church. etc).
I got mine too was starting to worry! Do you think the pre-interview rejections come by email?
irina793
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by calamitysarah)
I got mine too was starting to worry! Do you think the pre-interview rejections come by email?
don't know but I don't even want to think about that :lol:
Anglo1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
Does Bath have a kind of middle-of-nowhere feel?
No. Or at least I've never found that. If you really want to get out of the city and be 'in the middle of nowhere', then that's perfectly possible too, but it isn't just this little island - you have Bristol right next door for one thing...

That said, I am speaking from the perspective of having gone to school there, not university, and I'm pretty keen to leave after 17 years of living there. What people might mean when they say 'middle of nowhere' is that it's kind of a micro-climate. I mean, if I go into Bath on a Saturday it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll see somebody I at least vaguely recognise and there are quite a few of those 'little places' ie. caffes, shops, bars etc. that you have to be told about, and be a resident, to really find.

If you want a big, buzzing metropolitan city, then Bath's not the right place for you (it's pretty affluent, white, middle-class, etc.), but it's a lovely place to live, and there's always a lot going on there.

In terms of whether the campus is some little lost city, I can't really comment since I've never considered the university.

I hope that that's helpful.
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by calamitysarah)
(Original post by irina793)
don't know but I don't even want to think about that :lol:
Pretty sure that post colleges post.
bekylouisex3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finally got my acknowledgement from Oxford says I should receive more info from my college before the end of the month yay! Also found out today that the only other applicant to oxford from my school is applying to read chemistry at brasenose like me -.-
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want an acknowledgement :cry2:
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
Me too!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh -.-

Lucky me, I have:

-a Spanish essay for tomorrow which was actually set last week but which I clean forgot about
-another Spanish essay about cloning which is supposed to be my Oxford one, eeek
-ANOTHER Spanish essay on the book we're doing
-an Eng Lang essay which is like our term assessment
-an essay about Hamlet to finish which is also meant to be my Oxford essay, eeeekkkk
-an essay on 20th century literature to plan and write
-my EP presentation on Wednesday which I still need to make

as well as random other homeworks like translations AND extra work like learning all the verbs which take prepositions and which prepositions and cases they take (literally hundreds, I am not exaggerating) and then doing pages of exercises on them "for Oxford preparation" AS WELL AS my lovely teacher basically scrapping the German essay I spent a week writing and telling me to suddenly come up with something else. As well as everything else on the list. ffs
PhenolphthaleinX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
same here I've only got 1/4...

(Original post by such_a_lady)
Me too!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh -.-

Lucky me, I have:

(a pile of work)
and you consider yourself lucky???! what the hell o.O
dnumberwang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anglo1)
No. Or at least I've never found that. If you really want to get out of the city and be 'in the middle of nowhere', then that's perfectly possible too, but it isn't just this little island - you have Bristol right next door for one thing...

That said, I am speaking from the perspective of having gone to school there, not university, and I'm pretty keen to leave after 17 years of living there. What people might mean when they say 'middle of nowhere' is that it's kind of a micro-climate. I mean, if I go into Bath on a Saturday it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll see somebody I at least vaguely recognise and there are quite a few of those 'little places' ie. caffes, shops, bars etc. that you have to be told about, and be a resident, to really find.

If you want a big, buzzing metropolitan city, then Bath's not the right place for you (it's pretty affluent, white, middle-class, etc.), but it's a lovely place to live, and there's always a lot going on there.

In terms of whether the campus is some little lost city, I can't really comment since I've never considered the university.

I hope that that's helpful.
You just replied to a post from June!

Cheers, but the deadline has already gone
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey did anyone read this today in the Guardian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rt-of-comments

:teehee:
doloroushazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well now i can log onto track.. that was an anticlimax haha
i feel like a bad person cause i'm kind of having second thoughts about oxford now... oh well, too late.. trololo
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by desy.kris)
same here I've only got 1/4...

and you consider yourself lucky???! what the hell o.O
Sorry. British sarcasm here
diddums
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do they never mention Cambridge? it's always Oxford is evil/pointless/racist/overrated etc

And a masters in oxford is not the same as an undergrad- the general consensus I thought was oxb. undergrad america for posgrad.
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Not as bad as the other one I read a while ago where someone was basically saying that Oxford gave her a drug addiction and ruined her life and should be abolished, or something. It is the Guardian, to be fair.
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

This isn't really related but it reminded me of this old guardian article!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...forduniversity
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
This isn't really related but it reminded me of this old guardian article!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...forduniversity
Hahahaha great minds and all that! Look above your post xD
zigzog7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I shall follow those of you who are applying this year anyone wanting to know anything about engineering or about wadham, give me a shout.
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bath acknowledged my application! *litte dance smiley thingy*

... so what does that mean?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.61%
No (194)
72.39%

Watched Threads