Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vault111)
    Hi Ive got a question.
    Why did this party singlehandedly betray the British people through Tony Blair through uncontrolled, mass immigration, and when will this party be held accountable for their actions, particularly the Labour Party council in Rotherham for covering up Muslim grooming gangs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Primarily because Blair failed to foresee that being one of few EU member states not to impose the temporary restrictions it was allowed on migration with the newly admitted eastern states would result in significantly increased migration: a mistake, but an understandable one given the lack of precedent to go on at the time. That being said, it was a risk not worth taking and Labour was and continues to be held accountable at the ballot box like every other political party.

Rotherham was in my opinion rank incompetence of councillors who should have been deselected, but we must remember these are often part-time workers given only basic allowances, not career politicians - it's all too easy for them to be intimidated or prone to group think which allows troubling issues to go unchallenged. Personally I feel as though we need much greater investment in local democracy to prevent a re-occurrence, with councillors given a living wage and the professional advice and support necessary to make well-informed decisions for the communities they serve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Primarily because Blair failed to foresee that being one of few EU member states not to impose the temporary restrictions it was allowed on migration with the newly admitted eastern states would result in significantly increased migration: a mistake, but an understandable one given the lack of precedent to go on at the time. That being said, it was a risk not worth taking and Labour was and continues to be held accountable at the ballot box like every other political party.

Rotherham was in my opinion rank incompetence of councillors who should have been deselected, but we must remember these are often part-time workers given only basic allowances, not career politicians - it's all too easy for them to be intimidated or prone to group think which allows troubling issues to go unchallenged. Personally I feel as though we need much greater investment in local democracy to prevent a re-occurrence, with councillors given a living wage and the professional advice and support necessary to make well-informed decisions for the communities they serve.
    It's interesting tht you blame the councilors.

It could be said that the Home Office (and possibly number 10) contributed to a culture in which the police were deemed racist if they followed up on abuse from Muslims. Apparently C4 was asked not to do a documentary on Bradford grooming in 2004 and i believe that when one occurs there, it will make Rotherham look timid.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Saracen's Fez

JoeL1994 will be proxying for St. Brynjar (Seat 24) until further notice. Please correct the permissions.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Saracen's Fez

JoeL1994 will be proxying for St. Brynjar (Seat 24) until further notice. Please correct the permissions.
    Yes, please make sure he applies.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Yes, please make sure he applies.
    I thought he had?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I thought he had?
    No, I can't see his name in the UG and he's not down as applied to join.

ReputationRep:
    JoeL1994 you have a minute, make it quick and make a postal vote.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No, I can't see his name in the UG and he's not down as applied to join.
    He should have by now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    He should have by now.
    Nope, still can't see anything.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Nope, still can't see anything.
    It's there, postal vote should be in as well (back up)?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    It's there, postal vote should be in as well (back up)?
    You're in now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The Financier Transfer the thread to me please.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    May I enquire as to who the whip is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    May I enquire as to who the whip is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    EricAteYou is the Chief Whip.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    EricAteYou is the Chief Whip.
    I thought so, after private correspondence last night any respect I had is now gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought so, after private correspondence last night any respect I had is now gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For Eric or or Labour may I ask?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    For Eric or or Labour may I ask?
    Eric, putting petty party politics on non party political matters above personal beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Knowing you Jammy, you didn't have any beforehand anyway
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Eric, putting petty party politics on non party political matters above personal beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And if the bill were something you disagreed with , would you be feeling the same? I outlined from the start where my position was, if I was in favour of the bill I would have voted for it from the start. You knew I was on the fence, so I followed further with my party which I know in the future will pay dividends.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    george_c00per

Please apply here to the MP usergroup so that you can take up your seat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.