Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefire66)
    is anyone going to look at ucas track to see if they got into uni before they get their results? I really don't know what to do
    Be brave and look at track that way your more prepared. At least that's what I'm doing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is the worst feeling ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluefire66)
    is anyone going to look at ucas track to see if they got into uni before they get their results? I really don't know what to do
    Yeah I'm defo looking at UCAS first. Imagine getting your results first and freaking out because you didn't meet your offer but your firm has actually accepted you lol. It just makes everything easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else's heart racing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Is anybody else's heart racing?
    Yes, uncontrollably 😕😕😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading the sociology aqa examiner reports and realising how much you missed out....oh well can't change it now! On a side note, what would people recommend taking to results day with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christop)
    I just heard that a few hundred students got their results early because of a computer error, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the BBC website about it, at least so far.
    Yeah, I gave 2 friends who got an email from reading saying they were in yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    Ooooh fellow Mathematician wooo, tbh i'd share your worry because Maths is like never on clearing or anything but it would depend what your B is in I guess, i'd have thought they would accept A*A*B because everyone can slip up here and there and it's evident you're damn good at the other 2 subjects!
    Lol that B would be in Further Maths but the A* in Maths. Which is why I'm worried! Exams for FM were absolutely horrible this year to me. Got A's throughout the past papers but not this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    No ones heard much earlier than 7 30 for the past few years. Just try and get yourself some sleep and maybe set an alarm for 7
    (Original post by bdotjelly)
    Ucas always say 8o'clock but others last year accessed Track at like 7:30am last year.

UCAS updates their site earlier as a precautionary measure because if they put it at 8, everyone will be checking at 8 and the site might crash which would be disastrous
    So they put it up before but tell you 8 o'clock just so the site doesn't crash due to increased traffic
    Oh right, I didn't realise we would be able to access it earlier anyway. Thanks, guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Lol that B would be in Further Maths but the A* in Maths. Which is why I'm worried! Exams for FM were absolutely horrible this year to me. Got A's throughout the past papers but not this year.
    Ah, was FM part of the offer and asked for as an A? If not the fact you're doing FM is really good and I think you could argue your case. Edexcel by any chance because I found the papers not as easy as the grade boundaries are reflecting :PI need A*AA and I think i've got it but I did STEP just in case as a back up so just waiting for that, I share your anxiety dw :P

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe how high the grade boundaries are for OCR! I just hope it goes well tomorrow, good luck everyone X

ReputationRep:
    Track was up quite early last year. Looking before you go and collect your results at least allows you to prepare emotionally. Good luck to all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Reading the sociology aqa examiner reports and realising how much you missed out....oh well can't change it now! On a side note, what would people recommend taking to results day with them?

How have you read the examiners report? They aren't/shouldn't be out till next April/May when the June '16 papers are released for public viewing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    Of course, I'm just talking about the people who are talking about "failing" when they know some people are actually in that position
    Oh right! Sorry for the misunderstanding good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberphuq)
    How have you read the examiners report? They aren't/shouldn't be out till next April/May when the June '16 papers are released for public viewing
    They were all leaked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Same I was just looking and I had the same thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacefairys)
    They were all leaked
    Oh... Are they still out there or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberphuq)
    Someone posted a link to the AQA ones back on page 367

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    Ah, was FM part of the offer and asked for as an A? If not the fact you're doing FM is really good and I think you could argue your case. Edexcel by any chance because I found the papers not as easy as the grade boundaries are reflecting :PI need A*AA and I think i've got it but I did STEP just in case as a back up so just waiting for that, I share your anxiety dw :P
    Yep, AAA meant FM is part of it too. I just hope I don't have to argue my case and they are lenient with it

ReputationRep:
    Uberphuq If you look back a few pages you'll see them, I don't want to post the link because it's against the rules

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.