Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2011 Undergraduate Chat Thread Mk. III Watch

ReputationRep:
    Definitely looking for an excuse to punch one of my housemates in the face.

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
      Definitely looking for an excuse to punch one of my housemates in the face.
      Falcon punch? Donkey punch? Why?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      Well she would need a strap on for that type of punch.

(Original post by sango)
        Well she would need a strap on for that type of punch.
        I'm sure a friend could provide one

ReputationRep:
        My ex just spent the last half hour ripping into me. Apparently I'm a misogynist, a racist and a terrible human being in general.

Also all my friends are wrong to like me because they haven't seen these traits in me. Now she's decided to block me again after she unblocked me a couple of nights ago.

Apparently I will realise "when I'm older" that she was right and I was wrong from the beginning.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
          :rofl:
          :ahee:

She maaad *****!

ReputationRep:
          One of my left housemates just left a small pot of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream in each of the rest of ours freezer draws, with a note. :cute:

It's a miracle!

:shh:

ReputationRep:

Uhm well... I made a message on Facebook with all 10 housemates because a few of us wanted to do Secret Santa and a Christmas meal with the house, and also saying that there was going to be a dishwasher rota for people to empty it every day, and that the mess in the kitchen had to stop.
            Everyone else was like oh cool, yup, agree
            then

Loooong read

Me: we'll all go out and shop, then cook as a group. Much more fun.

I don't think Ilona wants to do secret santa because it's too expensive, and I think Charlie and Andy said they're up for it so can we agree on a price limit for us 9?

Ilona: Firstly, I didnt say that i am not going to join anything organised by you Ali. It was just because when we were in the kitchen, Edith asked you if it is true that we all need to pay £5 for the christmas tree since something does mention in the blackboard, and your answer was 'YEA, everyone should chip in £5'.
            However, after i mentioned I am not interested in paying £5 for that, you said I am cheap and also no one gonna care about what i said. Is that really important for everyone in the house just care about Ali's feeling and also have to behave what she said? I know this is not the first time that she orders people to do things for her.
            Like Edith doesnt want to go out at night, she gossips behind her, saying she is anti-social in the kitchen are the well-known things among the girls already. Everyone has their own right to choose what they want to do and not going to the living room doesnt mean you are the occupier in it. You still have to respect the others, not trying to follow your arrogant way to treat your housemates.
            With respect to what you mentioned in the above conversation, I am totally depressed to have you saying all your think and your right side in here while i am also the one who you have to be angry with and also not having the right to gain respect from!

interestingly written in broken English which is how Edith writes, as English isn't her first language

Edith: WTF..is that true? lol
            People gossip behind me, it does mean i have a high popularity!! Yeah^^

Me: I've told Edith to her face that she's anti-social! Not in a nasty way at all, we joke about it. What on earth are you on about the living room for? I do not order people about, unless you mean telling people to keep the kitchen clean. (Just so you other guys know what's going on here)

I didn't say you were cheap. I jokingly said 'ohhh are you a cheapskate lol'

You explicitly said you did not want to do the Secret Santa because it was too expensive, which is fine. As you can see I wrote "I don't think Ilona wants to do secret santa because it's too expensive" There is no argument here, and definitely not one to bring up in front of everyone else.

Edith, it's obvious you wrote most of that paragraph, just come and talk to me instead I think we've got our wires crossed. I don't gossip about you like that at all.
            Wait, I definitely said we're agreeing to a price, never did I say everyone must chip in £5. You know that's not true.

Ilona: You did say no one cares about what i say/ think in a rather aggressive manner, which is pretty rude...
            And i said if we are expected to pay £5 for the dinner, than i wasn't going to pay £5 for the secret santa thing, as well as £5 for the christmas tree.
            I think we should just stick to the dinner to be honest.
            You always seem to think i'm going against what you say or something, when i'm not...you just need to accept people wont always share the same views as you, thats the way life is.
            It always seems little issues are taken out of proportion.

Me: I did in fact say 'no one really cares' about the whole issue. I'm not the person you seem intent on painting me as. In any case, I have no idea why you dragged Edith into this, or the whole house for that matter. A private message would have sufficed should you feel unable to speak to me personally.
            To your first point, 'exasperated' is the word you're looking for, not 'aggressive'. - I could see it was going to become another moment like your refusal to empty the dishwasher on the rota. I walked away.
            Your argument stacks up on you insulting me, and I do not find that acceptable for a public conversation. I will do my best to stay out of both yours and Edith's way, as you two are the only two to who I have evidently been such a problem. In my opinion you have confused yourself and got yourself and Edith worked up with some kind of malice added in. This ends here, thanks.

ilona replied "sure."

Another housemate has fallen out with Ilona too...

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
              One of my left housemates just left a small pot of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream in each of the rest of ours freezer draws, with a note. :cute:
              ...:unsure: for Christmas?

Oh wait, did they move out?

ReputationRep:
              ...:unsure: for Christmas?

Oh wait, did they move out?
              I don't know what for, but it was a nice gesture. Stop looking into things so much. I've never had this ice cream before.

ReputationRep:
              I had wondered why Edith has been so distant to everyone except Ilona recently. :hmmmm2:

I had wondered why Edith has been so distant to everyone except Ilona recently. :hmmmm2:
                They have evidently formed a coalition against the non-'antisocial' people.

You should delete that ****,js

ReputationRep:
                They have evidently formed a coalition against the non-'antisocial' people.

You should delete that ****,js
                Everyone's seen it tbh... they all seemed as shocked as I was. It's just Edith and I were really close until about a week ago.

ReputationRep:
                Uhm well... I made a message on Facebook with all 10 housemates because a few of us wanted to do Secret Santa and a Christmas meal with the house, and also saying that there was going to be a dishwasher rota for people to empty it every day, and that the mess in the kitchen had to stop.
                Everyone else was like oh cool, yup, agree
                then

Loooong read

Me: we'll all go out and shop, then cook as a group. Much more fun.

I don't think Ilona wants to do secret santa because it's too expensive, and I think Charlie and Andy said they're up for it so can we agree on a price limit for us 9?

[COLOR="Navy"]Ilona: Firstly, I didnt say that i am not going to join anything organised by you Ali. It was just because when we were in the kitchen, Edith asked you if it is true that we all need to pay £5 for the christmas tree since something does mention in the blackboard, and your answer was 'YEA, everyone should chip in £5'.
                However, after i mentioned I am not interested in paying £5 for that, you said I am cheap and also no one gonna care about what i said. Is that really important for everyone in the house just care about Ali's feeling and also have to behave what she said? I know this is not the first time that she orders people to do things for her.
                Like Edith doesnt want to go out at night, she gossips behind her, saying she is anti-social in the kitchen are the well-known things among the girls already. Everyone has their own right to choose what they want to do and not going to the living room doesnt mean you are the occupier in it. You still have to respect the others, not trying to follow your arrogant way to treat your housemates.
                With respect to what you mentioned in the above conversation, I am totally depressed to have you saying all your think and your right side in here while i am also the one who you have to be angry with and also not having the right to gain respect from! [/COLOR]

interestingly written in broken English which is how Edith writes, as English isn't her first language

[COLOR="Red"]
                Edith: WTF..is that true? lol
                People gossip behind me, it does mean i have a high popularity!! Yeah^^[/COLOR]

Me: I've told Edith to her face that she's anti-social! Not in a nasty way at all, we joke about it. What on earth are you on about the living room for? I do not order people about, unless you mean telling people to keep the kitchen clean. (Just so you other guys know what's going on here)

I didn't say you were cheap. I jokingly said 'ohhh are you a cheapskate lol'

You explicitly said you did not want to do the Secret Santa because it was too expensive, which is fine. As you can see I wrote "I don't think Ilona wants to do secret santa because it's too expensive" There is no argument here, and definitely not one to bring up in front of everyone else.

Edith, it's obvious you wrote most of that paragraph, just come and talk to me instead I think we've got our wires crossed. I don't gossip about you like that at all.
                Wait, I definitely said we're agreeing to a price, never did I say everyone must chip in £5. You know that's not true.

[COLOR="Navy"]Ilona: You did say no one cares about what i say/ think in a rather aggressive manner, which is pretty rude...
                And i said if we are expected to pay £5 for the dinner, than i wasn't going to pay £5 for the secret santa thing, as well as £5 for the christmas tree.
                I think we should just stick to the dinner to be honest.
                You always seem to think i'm going against what you say or something, when i'm not...you just need to accept people wont always share the same views as you, thats the way life is.
                It always seems little issues are taken out of proportion. [/COLOR]

Me: I did in fact say 'no one really cares' about the whole issue. I'm not the person you seem intent on painting me as. In any case, I have no idea why you dragged Edith into this, or the whole house for that matter. A private message would have sufficed should you feel unable to speak to me personally.
                To your first point, 'exasperated' is the word you're looking for, not 'aggressive'. - I could see it was going to become another moment like your refusal to empty the dishwasher on the rota. I walked away.
                Your argument stacks up on you insulting me, and I do not find that acceptable for a public conversation. I will do my best to stay out of both yours and Edith's way, as you two are the only two to who I have evidently been such a problem. In my opinion you have confused yourself and got yourself and Edith worked up with some kind of malice added in. This ends here, thanks.

ilona replied [COLOR="Navy"]"sure."[/COLOR]

Another housemate has fallen out with Ilona too...
                That Ali sounds like an utter ****.

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
                Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife...QwentyJ's about. :ahee:

p.s. He will steal from your handbag ladies.

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by Crazy Paving)
                That Ali sounds like an utter ****.

:mmm:
                :sigh:

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)

!

:sigh:
                :console: I was only joking. Surely she can spare £15? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)

Hide? You hide your sense of humour most of the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              What newspaper do you read/prefer?
              Useful resources
              AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.