The Student Room Group

Diary Of A Bad Man

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DontJudge
His portrayal of women is the portrayal of the stereotypical asian mother. I know for a fact my mum is exactly how he's made that character out to be, hence why it's so funny.

Not really. You can't have an Asian mother in the club dancing around with 20 men. That is haram.
Reply 721
This guy is so not funny anymore
Original post by Incisive
This guy is so not funny anymore

The bloopers were good.

Spoiler

Original post by JamalAhmed
Not really. You can't have an Asian mother in the club dancing around with 20 men. That is haram.

Its representing what people in real do!!!

There are hijabi's that go clubbing, you do know that?!
The bloopers were good.

Spoiler

Its representing what people in real do!!!

There are hijabi's that go clubbing, you do know that?!

It's still not a positive portrayal of women, and that does not overshadow the fact that it is still haram and forbidden.
It's still not a positive portrayal of women, and that does not overshadow the fact that it is still haram and forbidden.

Why does it need to be positive lol? In real life is every women good? It's not saying 'women are **** heads'. It's just trying to portray the stereotypes of today, and the real things that are going on. And he even says despites that fact that his mum is all crazy you should still love her etc He says that in his islamic messages.
Reply 725
The bloopers were good.

Spoiler

Yeah cos watching a fat mans boob being squeezed is funny. :K:
Original post by Incisive
Yeah cos watching a fat mans boob being squeezed is funny. :K:

Ahaha that is funny. Well I guess it ain't your kind of humour. I found the scenes where the black guys were most funniest.
Why does it need to be positive lol? In real life is every women good? It's not saying 'women are **** heads'. It's just trying to portray the stereotypes of today, and the real things that are going on. And he even says despites that fact that his mum is all crazy you should still love her etc He says that in his islamic messages.

I believe dancing in a club with 20 other men is just too far. If he wants to portray a good role model for women, he shouldn't encourage these things. It's haram as well, and there is obviously a limit as to what he should and I think he pass that..
I believe dancing in a club with 20 other men is just too far. If he wants to portray a good role model for women, he shouldn't encourage these things. It's haram as well, and there is obviously a limit as to what he should and I think he pass that..

First of all it wasn't a club. Secondly she wasn't dancing. Thirdly she had the full burkha on, so what will they perv on :confused:
First of all it wasn't a club. Secondly she wasn't dancing. Thirdly she had the full burkha on, so what will they perv on :confused:

I think at the end she was dancing. And she's wearing the burka, yes, but she is also around many men in a place, which is forbidden.
I think at the end she was dancing. And she's wearing the burka, yes, but she is also around many men in a place, which is forbidden.

She was celebrating, by jumping up and down. Not dancing.

No you've got it all wrong, you don't really know much about your religion. Alright I guess you're gonna go to an all-boys university then yeah?

Plus trying to introduce the islamic aspect and asian aspect to people who do not like them is difficult. You can't go full on with the teachings and seem like extremists. That why you have to do it like how Humza did it, slowly introducing these aspects and showing to the people that don;t like pakistanis and muslims, that we are not serirous as people make us out to be and we can have a laugh, and we do have things in common, but we like following these principles as well, and that religion is a part of our life, but dusnt need to affect how we interact with the wider society.

Feels wierd having a philophical debate about humza LOL :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
She was celebrating, by jumping up and down. Not dancing.

No you've got it all wrong, you don't really know much about your religion. Alright I guess you're gonna go to an all-boys university then yeah?

There's a difference. You should talk to girls only when need (group work etc.)

I do know "mate". In a khutba, I heard free mixing is wrong under any circumstances except for educational or work purposes (or when needed).
Ifff yaaa like me, 079 meeeeee!!

:rofl::rofl:
There's a difference. You should talk to girls only when need (group work etc.)

I do know "mate". In a khutba, I heard free mixing is wrong under any circumstances except for educational or work purposes (or when needed).

You must be wabi.

Its a comedy. Not once has he said that its the truth. Its just another drama with CHARACTERS. They dont represent real people. Its like saying, oh you cant have spider man swinging from a rope that way.
Its fiction, get over it.
You must be wabi.

He's right you know

Original post by Eternal*
Its a comedy. Not once has he said that its the truth. Its just another drama with CHARACTERS. They dont represent real people. Its like saying, oh you cant have spider man swinging from a rope that way.
Its fiction, get over it.

The issue is that he kept saying Islamic things, etc hence why people didn't like him as the actual portrayals in the shows were in essence against Islamic values so it hypocrisy to show its an Islamic concept when the show itself showed things clearly against. , which he has cleared up in the 2nd season by making a disclaimer by saying its not related religion, etc
(edited 11 years ago)
yh i seen them,i hate it when when people start talking like him and dont shut up! :angry:
Original post by Eternal*
Its a comedy. Not once has he said that its the truth. Its just another drama with CHARACTERS. They don't represent real people. Its like saying, oh you cant have spider man swinging from a rope that way. Its fiction, get over it.

Many youths see him as a role model. I don't believe he represents Islam well. Also, he mocked the niqaab which is wrong on so many levels. Plus, he mocked the name of Abdul Jabbar, a very respected speaker. That was a bit too far. Plus, I don't think he should have a woman with a niqaab dancing around in a club with many men around her. At least get a different girl who does not represent Muslim women.
is there going to be a diary of a badman 2.6???????
Hi I'm Chinese - I started watching his videos they are so funny!! =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending