Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    I posted this on another thread a few minutes ago (will turn up in my inventory of posts in about a half hour I'd suppose), but anyway, there's something I thought I should tell you lot as it might interest you. A girl in my Spanish class who is insanely good at English and applied for English (not going to tell at which college because she could end up reading this very page ) had the same process as everyone else, got the AAA offer in the week leading up to Christmas and was, of course, delighted but here comes the interesting part. They posted a letter to the head of the English department at my college on Wednesday and changed the offer to nothing other than an unconditional. She is now free to do however and whatever she likes in all the exams this year. So watch out you guys, although this is exceptionally rare, it could happen to you

... and yes, I'm very chuffed for her.

Seriously? Wow. She must have been amazinggggggg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Seriously? Wow. She must have been amazinggggggg.
    She must be, I mean she has the same academic record as everyone else that applies to Oxbridge but the interviews must've been something else - the letter that was sent to her, mentioned something along those lines alongside a brief statement of how strong the references were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    She must be, I mean she has the same academic record as everyone else that applies to Oxbridge but the interviews must've been something else - the letter that was sent to her, mentioned something along those lines alongside a brief statement of how strong the references were.
    i thinkkkk maybe we go to the same college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lhkennedy1)
    i thinkkkk maybe we go to the same college?

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say these exams aren't going the best I hoped...
    Anyone else in this boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    As far as I'm aware, yes.
    Apparently ''Once you've made your UCAS application, you can apply for financial help as soon as student finance applications open. You don't need to wait for an offer.''

found at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...se/DG_10013213

ReputationRep:
    Heeey

Just wondering if anyone has a place at Hertford... and also, has anyone got into Hertford to do Arch and Anth??? Any Arch and Anthers in general as well - there's not many of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieCroc)
    Heeey

Just wondering if anyone has a place at Hertford... and also, has anyone got into Hertford to do Arch and Anth??? Any Arch and Anthers in general as well - there's not many of us
    Hertford! :cool:

(For physics tho)

ReputationRep:
    no worries, resits are allowed ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezombie)
    Cheers! Same here. Did you stay at Mansfield for interviews? (as in: Do I know you?)
    sorry i'm a bit slow to reply, but yes i did! i was fran, the weird one :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backslash)
    Has any got past the "YAY I HAVE AN OFFER" stage and moved on to the "OH GOD, I NEED TO GET THE GRADES" stage yet?
    So much so I even made a thread. Oh lord, I need help! I worked so hard for the offer and now I can't let it slip!!!
    Head up and keep going until march results day...

ReputationRep:
    Got a B in one of my mocks, was feeling okay about it and thinking between now and June I can find 6% from somewhere, and then told my mum... the look of disappointment on her face was awful.
    Mostly I ignore her, but I'm not going to lie, I'm ****ting myself a tiny bit!

I read somewhere that 90% of people who get Oxford offers go there. Even if none of the remaining people chose to go elsewhere instead (and I'm sure some do) that still gives us brilliant odds. Remember the tutors think we can make the grades and they are MUCH smarter than we are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frequent_flyer)
    Apparently ''Once you've made your UCAS application, you can apply for financial help as soon as student finance applications open. You don't need to wait for an offer.''

found at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...se/DG_10013213
    You're just going to call me out like this, in front of everyone?!

:p:

But yeah.
    Although, a lot of banks I've checked out ask for an Unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallant Megapenthes)
    I am going to be a fairly old one, I'm 20 in December.
    Can I join you and be like a disciple and spread your cryptic riddles?

I have accepted mine, I think Catz said they give more information in the summer or something... it said something in the offer letter
    Hi there, have you received offers/rejections from all of your universities to have been able to accept your oxford offer? I am waiting to hear from exeter and bristol so I can't find anything on ucas to accept my oxford offer before I have heard from these last two? It would feel good to let Oxford know that I am the keenest bean in the world to go there

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonegivemeanoffer)
    Hi there, have you received offers/rejections from all of your universities to have been able to accept your oxford offer? I am waiting to hear from exeter and bristol so I can't find anything on ucas to accept my oxford offer before I have heard from these last two? It would feel good to let Oxford know that I am the keenest bean in the world to go there

Cheers
    Hey,

You have to withdraw from the other two uni's to firm Oxford early, so that would mean not waiting to hear from them (although sometimes they reply anyway).

Make sure you don't accidentally withdraw from Oxford and ruin your life.

:yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd wait - there's no harm in waiting, and it's nice to know what would have happened

But that's easy for me to say - my offers came in reverse order of preference, so I heard from Oxford last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertTheBear)
    Hey,

You have to withdraw from the other two uni's to firm Oxford early, so that would mean not waiting to hear from them (although sometimes they reply anyway).

Make sure you don't accidentally withdraw from Oxford and ruin your life.

:yy:
    Haha okay, being such a sad act, partly fueled by maternal paraoia. The letter doesn't say anything about having to firm early so I think it would be safer to just wait. Maybe see if I get 5 offers then I can act like a king history douche

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperPatchKid)
    And 1991.. My 20th Birthday is in the first few days of freshers.... I'm going to be so wise :rolleyes:

I'm getting bits and bobs at a time cause I figure it'll be a huge (expensive) rush if I try and do it all right before we go It's going to take me a while to find the perfect duvet cover although my mum did text me while I was at work today asking if I needed a duvet - she's more over-excited then I am!
    October 7th, 20th birthday halfway through freshers. I think most embarassing was at interview being taken to my room by a maths student who was 7 months younger than me, bloody prodigies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franziska69)
    sorry i'm a bit slow to reply, but yes i did! i was fran, the weird one :P
    Hehe. Well, I didn't get a lot of names, and remembered even fewer. Is that "weird" as in educational rapper?

I'm Tom, the German dreadlocké.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Christ Church are eager! I got an email today with the Oxford Bursary information, fee status etc. And also a beast of a letter explaining that once we accept our offers, they will begin to decide what rooms we will have in first year! I suppose I best reply to the offer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.