Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ama uyumuyordum b

ReputationRep:
    what does that mean

ReputationRep:
    I think Turkey is the only place fro women to allow their husbands go crazy about football.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    yeh you tell 'em girl! hows the turkish learning going then?
    Not very weel :no:
    Teach me some.?

(Original post by mibalboni)
      what does that mean
      'Ama uyumuyordum' translates to 'But I wasn't sleeping'.

'Ama' means 'But. 'Uyu' means 'Sleep'. 'Uyumuyor' means 'He/She's not sleeping'. 'Uyumuyorum' means 'I'm not sleeping'. 'Uyumuyordum' means 'I wasn't sleeping'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hogwartz)
      Not very weel :no:
      Teach me some.?
      why not?! :hmmm:

I can teach you, but i have to charge

ReputationRep:
      It's actually an easy language to learn, compared to many other languages.

Alphabet is pretty much same as English, bar a few letters.

ReputationRep:
      whilst not a turk just thought id post a friendly hello from GB, went to Bodrum on holiday in the summer loved the place! beautiful scenery, love the culture and the people were the friendliest ive ever met! love this country!

ReputationRep:
      why not?! :hmmm:

I can teach you, but i have to charge
      Well i won't be able to give money :no:
      Is there any other way i can repay your kindness

(Original post by Akkuz)
        Alphabet is pretty much same as English, bar a few letters.
        Yes, it's called the 'Latin alphabet', which changed from the Arabic script during the 'Atatürk devrimler'. We used the Arabic script throughout the time of the Ottoman Empire, but if we go even further back than that we used the Farsi script during the time of the Great Selçuk dynasty when we were settled on the lands of Persia and Mesopotamia. Then if we go the farthest we can, to the time of nomadic settlement in our ancesteral homeland near Xinjiang, before we conquered Baghdad and converted to Islam, back when we were of the Shamanistic religion of Tengriism, we used runic inscriptions (also called the 'Göktürk script').

ReputationRep:
        Well i won't be able to give money :no:
        Is there any other way i can repay your kindness
        hmm no money eh? well dw we'll sort out some other form of payment :wink2:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
        Yes, it's called the 'Latin alphabet', which changed from the Arabic script during the 'Atatürk devrimler'. We used the Arabic script throughout the time of the Ottoman Empire, but if we go even further back than that we used the Farsi script during the time of the Great Selçuk dynasty when we were settled on the lands of Persia and Mesopotamia. Then if we go the farthest we can, to the time of nomadic settlement in our ancesteral homeland near Xinjiang, before we conquered Baghdad and converted to Islam, back when we were of the Shamanistic religion of Tengriism, we used runic inscriptions (also called the 'Göktürk script').
        Never knew this. You learn something new everyday, ey.

ReputationRep:
        hmm no money eh? well dw we'll sort out some other form of payment :wink2:
        What sort of repayment? :wink2:

ReputationRep:
        What sort of repayment? :wink2:
        well I was thinking rep.. But seeing as you have such crappy rep power you gotta satisfy my needs in some other way

ReputationRep:
        well I was thinking rep.. But seeing as you have such crappy rep power you gotta satisfy my needs in some other way
        I would say it is awfully unattractive of someone to care about their reputation on a website, rather then in real life

'Satify your needs' huh?, and what may that include
        What have you been deprived of lately :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        I would say it is awfully unattractive of someone to care about their reputation on a website, rather then in real life

'Satify your needs' huh?, and what may that include
        What have you been deprived of lately :rolleyes:
        i got plenty rep in real life just wanted some on here aswell innit

Well due to the start of the uni term I have been deprived lately of my mamma's cooking BUT knowing that you cant cook to save your life, you gotta find another way to reward me for my kindness

ReputationRep:
        i got plenty rep in real life just wanted some on here aswell innit

Well due to the start of teh uni term I have been deprived lately of my mamma's cooking BUT knowing that you cant cook to save your life, you gotta find another way to reward me for my kindness
        You have plenty on this website as well, 5 blocks to be precise :lolwut:

Well you could teach me how to cook as well
        Which other way....can you just get to the point, so we can get straight down to business

ReputationRep:
        make him a kebab :parrot:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Crazy Paving)
        make him a kebab :parrot:
        Dunno how to
        It involves some sort of meat, but how does it turn all squishy, and then how do you make it into a circle :eek:
        Do you use a rolling pin?

ReputationRep:
        Dunno how to
        It involves some sort of meat, but how does it turn all squishy, and then how do you make it into a circle :eek:
        Do you use a rolling pin?
        You squish it then you circularly cut it.
        Yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.