Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gah, if I had to stay in London an extra year I think I'd go nuts.

Back to the West country for me!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Gah need to write about bone formation for PBL - the lecturer didn't turn up to the lecture today, and the powerpoint on blackboard makes no sense. Anyone know where I can find an easy to understand, step by step process of the two different types of formation? Bearing in mind this is due tomorrow :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcourageous)
    "The Registry of the International Society for Heart and
    Lung Transplantation: Twenty-seventh of?cial adult heart
    transplant report—2010" ?

I registered an account and could access that article free - not sure if this was because I was on the trust intranet though?

Let me know if you can't get on it and I'll e-mail it to you, pm me your e-mail address or something
    Yeah I can't - have messaged you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I don't think the money is available to hire any more doctors (unless they get rid of all those 'advanced nursing practitioners' that seem to be replacing FY1 here... :rolleyes: )
    True, but how much money has the government poured into more medical students, only to refuse them a job? Especially so in Scotland! Although I don't know what the situation is there wrt supply/demand of doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    True, but how much money has the government poured into more medical students, only to refuse them a job? Especially so in Scotland! Although I don't know what the situation is there wrt supply/demand of doctors.
    Why Scotland? We haven't had any new medical schools built up here, and no one I know is without a job for August.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Why Scotland? We haven't had any new medical schools built up here, and no one I know is without a job for August.
    I think he means cause of the whole no/reduced fees thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I think he means cause of the whole no/reduced fees thing?
    Oh. I tend to forget about that I pay pretty much the same here as I would in any other part of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Gah need to write about bone formation for PBL - the lecturer didn't turn up to the lecture today, and the powerpoint on blackboard makes no sense. Anyone know where I can find an easy to understand, step by step process of the two different types of formation? Bearing in mind this is due tomorrow :puppyeyes:
    Tortora is god.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was subbed to this thread, what happened? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    2nd shift with the FRU Crew today! Totally knackered but yesterday's adrenaline rush was too awesome! Driving in their cars feels like a computer game. They fit through the tiniest of gaps with an insane speed. Unreal. I just want to scream in exitement every time we do a bend or turn insanely fast - it's like legal joyriding! :p: Ahhh, I feel like such a kid!

The guy I'm with is a legend and asked if I wanted to do more shifts than is required for this SSC. Me being the total keeno I am totally agreed! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I tend to forget about that I pay pretty much the same here as I would in any other part of the UK.
    Yes, but Scottish people don't have to pay any tuition fees, as I recall? So the government must be entirely funding them through the whole five/six years, which is not a small investment, as I see it! And if they are unable to get a job at the end of it, it just seems a bit counter-productive.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but Scottish people don't have to pay any tuition fees, as I recall? So the government must be entirely funding them through the whole five/six years, which is not a small investment, as I see it! And if they are unable to get a job at the end of it, it just seems a bit counter-productive.
    By that argument, the government should stop funding all these fashion management and media studies students... They all do 4 years at uni for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Tortora is god.
    But Tortora LIES! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    In a sense, £12k of fees is pissing in the wind when it comes to the cost of the degree.

ReputationRep:
    Totally can't be arsed with SSC today, just want to watch Episodes and play some Xbox.

ReputationRep:
    FML. Have to transcribe a 5 minute patient interview to analyse for comm skills coursework. 45 minutes in, and I'm up to 3 minutes 30. :facepalm2:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Tortora is god.
    Thank you!!

(Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
    But Tortora LIES! :cry2:
    What? :zomg:

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    Totally can't be arsed with SSC today, just want to watch Episodes and play some Xbox.
    I did that this morning whilst I was getting ready :yep:

(Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    FML. Have to transcribe a 5 minute patient interview to analyse for comm skills coursework. 45 minutes in, and I'm up to 3 minutes 30. :facepalm2:
    :console: Still, you only have a minute and a half left!

So glad I don't have comm skills coursework :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Is iBSc supposed to be harder than clinical medicine?

Clinics was a doss in comparison :/

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side I did practice end-to-end, end-to-side and patch anastomosis. At first I was a butcher but then got a lot better.
    Prolene sutures are a frigging nightmare if you guys have used them before. blehhhh
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've got used to not doing PBL, and now I cba :sigh:

It's actually an interesting topic (and we're finally learning clinical stuff!!) but I just cannot motivate myself to do any work.

Help? :puppyeyes:

EDIT: Although I have to share a joke that one of my lecturers today told us all. What's a Norfolk virgin?

Spoiler:
    Show
    An ugly girl that can outrun her brother :teehee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.