Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I received my offer for Durham Uni and London office last Friday.
    Anybody got offers/applying to the same uni and/or office?
    Good luck to people still in application process!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Birmingham uni and London office.
    Got the get ahead at the london office on the 23rd of Jan.
    And i've had an email saying my first interview will be arranged shortly. Any tips??

ReputationRep:
    Well in terms of preparation, the interview itself is all to do with behavioral qualities/competencies. The interviewer asks you questions related to the key competencies that they have on their website e.g. integrity, resilience, teamwork. I'd say just note down all the competencies and write model answers for some questions you think may come up, not so you can memorize them but so you know what you want to talk about in your answers.
    Also, make sure you have done some research on KPMG, as I got asked what research I have done on the firm. Some general knowledge of the current business world will also be useful and also impressive if you can link it to what effect it will have on KPMG.

ReputationRep:
    Congratz on the offer!

And thanks for the advice, how long did you have between the first interview and assessment center?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!
    Well mine won't be too helpful because I got a call two days after my interview saying there was a short notice vacancy in a week. I would think it is usually a bit longer than that though.
    Dunno if that's what you meant, but the final stage is a final interview, as oppose to an assessment centre. The get ahead session explains it all in detail if your unsure.

ReputationRep:
    Just did my online tests and I have absolutely failed the numerical one :'(
    I'm just gonna go and listen to Adele's album and dread the arrival of the e-mail from KPMG
    wahhhhhh *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basinga)
    I'm just gonna go and listen to Adele's album and dread the arrival of the e-mail from KPMG
    wahhhhhh *sigh*
    Aww don't worry I literally only answered about 7 of those and just about half of the literacy ones but managed to get through (I have now done all the whole process but got rejected at the last stage :'( :P)

ReputationRep:
    Just withdrew my application from the School Leaver's Programme as I accepted my offer for Deloitte's Scholar Scheme.

Good luck with your applications everyone! Feel free to inbox me with questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gli27)
    Cheers!
    Well mine won't be too helpful because I got a call two days after my interview saying there was a short notice vacancy in a week. I would think it is usually a bit longer than that though.
    Dunno if that's what you meant, but the final stage is a final interview, as oppose to an assessment centre. The get ahead session explains it all in detail if your unsure.
    Yer thanks thats what I meant, but didn' you have to do the e-tray excercise or anything?

wahhhhhh *sigh*
    Same I answered about 7 of the numerical one and saw I had a minute left so I went crazy and randomly clicked 17 answers, and I got through So you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehulp101)
    Yer thanks thats what I meant, but didn' you have to do the e-tray excercise or anything?
    I had to do a written assessment/analysis exercise, dunno if that's also called the e-tray exercise or not. It's not too bad though, just a bit time pressured.

ReputationRep:
    wahhhhhh *sigh*
    I think it's more to do with accuracy, rather than how many you manage to get through. As long as you're pretty confident with the questions you did answer, you should be all good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gli27)
    I had to do a written assessment/analysis exercise, dunno if that's also called the e-tray exercise or not. It's not too bad though, just a bit time pressured.
    What did you have to do in each one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehulp101)
    What did you have to do in each one?
    It is just one paper where it is more or less a case study, and you have to advise a client/employer on the best action to take.
    So for example, mine was that i had to write, in the form of an email, to advise a colleague regarding a order from a client. It is a very open exercise, as there is no right answer. You are given a lot of data and just expected to give your opinion and be able to justify it.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email saying that i had got through to the face-to-face interview. it then told me to book a time convenient for me but when i went to book one there were none available.
    has this happened to anyone else, if so what happens next ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVashi)
    I got an email saying that i had got through to the face-to-face interview. it then told me to book a time convenient for me but when i went to book one there were none available.
    Send them an email explaining the situation. I know they are short on interviewers; lot's of competition this year! What office/uni are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to go for Birmingham or Exeter...Exeter is ranked higher obviously, but I'd enjoy Birmingham a lot more due to the nightlife and scene there, and I don't think I'd fit into Exeter from what I've heard.

Any advice? Surely with accountancy, Birmingham and Exeter have near-identical career prospects? And once you've landed yourself a job, particularly at such a big and great company as KPMG, the university you went to has much less significance in future jobs you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonCalledClara)
    Aww don't worry I literally only answered about 7 of those and just about half of the literacy ones but managed to get through (I have now done all the whole process but got rejected at the last stage :'( :P)
    Awww thanks but I got the e-mail that I didn't get through the next day - sad times, eh? hahaa

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My name is Timothy and I too am currently on the programme similar to Alex Carr. We are the best of friends.
    If you would like to ask anymore, feel free to message me likewise.

Many thanks,

Timothy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkmufc)
    Send them an email explaining the situation. I know they are short on interviewers; lot's of competition this year! What office/uni are you applying to?
    hey i got the email too but i cant make the dates due to exams shall i just reply to the email they sent and explain to rearrange for feb? and im applying to bham uni and mk office what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVashi)
    did u email them and how long did it take for a reply?

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.