Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Reference to the Watergate tapes?
Yeah, a very nice one at that.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sheep_go_baa)
I don't think there could be any thing more 'right' than the Doctor and River :love:
(Original post by Aula)
Hmm... there's a thought. Spoilered 'cause it uses something from the possible spoiler about River, but doesn't really give away anything.

Spoiler:
Show
It mentions Amy doesn't need to worry because it's in an aborted timeline and therefore never happened. What if there are two timelines - one in which Amy is pregnant, one in which she is not, the TARDIS can sense both simultaneously and therefore can't tell if she's pregnant or not
That makes a lot of sense especially with (genuine spoiler about the finale but not really)
Spoiler:
Show
there's some talk about the finale including a parallel universe/timeline

Actually it's not a spoiler but a speculation about an unconfirmed spoiler which isn't exactly huge but might be true. This whole spoiler thing is confusing so click at your own risk.
Sithiris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I posted this in the other thread but this seems to have more activity so i thought I would see what people think here. I feel it is unlikely that this would be so as it doesn't seem the shows style, but then again the way the show is going every episode surprises me. Although it is far fetched i feel it avoids the whole doctor/Amy having an affair problem.

Amy having an affair with the Doctor does not seem like something BBC or the Doctor would do, is it possible that the Silence used the post-hypnotic abilities to manipulate the Doctor and Amy at one point so they would have a baby but forget about it? This would explain why it would happen and why they don't remember, and Amy did say about how they had been travelling around a lot together as an explanation of why she told him not Rory. This would mean that the Silence would be able to raise their own timelord that would be able to fly their tardislike ships, without the Doctor knowing?
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
Hmm... there's a thought. Spoilered 'cause it uses something from the possible spoiler about River, but doesn't really give away anything.

Spoiler:
Show
It mentions Amy doesn't need to worry because it's in an aborted timeline and therefore never happened. What if there are two timelines - one in which Amy is pregnant, one in which she is not, the TARDIS can sense both simultaneously and therefore can't tell if she's pregnant or not
Which might explain Madame Kovarian through the window. She seemed to be observing the 'time-line' as such...
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone want to sum up the 23 pages I missed while watching So You Think You Can Dance and Britain's Got Talent?
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)
Oh just realised what the spoiler was.
I thought of that last week lol. Maybe she:

Spoiler:
Show
goes back in time to prevent her getting pregnant, but if she is no longer pregnant she doesn't need to back in time but then means she gets pregnant. Baby. No baby. Baby. No baby.
This all smells like a bad case of time paradox :trades: Which can be solved by "time can be unwritten" thing
How would she stop getting pregnant? :mmm:
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sithiris)
I posted this in the other thread but this seems to have more activity so i thought I would see what people think here. I feel it is unlikely that this would be so as it doesn't seem the shows style, but then again the way the show is going every episode surprises me. Although it is far fetched i feel it avoids the whole doctor/Amy having an affair problem.

Amy having an affair with the Doctor does not seem like something BBC or the Doctor would do, is it possible that the Silence used the post-hypnotic abilities to manipulate the Doctor and Amy at one point so they would have a baby but forget about it? This would explain why it would happen and why they don't remember, and Amy did say about how they had been travelling around a lot together as an explanation of why she told him not Rory. This would mean that the Silence would be able to raise their own timelord that would be able to fly their tardislike ships, without the Doctor knowing?
But the Doctor always knows...
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could one of these timelines be a figment of Amy's imagination?

And I find it strange that the Doctor took exception to the Silents...they were not doing much wrong.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
That makes a lot of sense especially with (genuine spoiler about the finale but not really)
Spoiler:
Show
Did you notice that Roman reference in today's episode? Romans being driven out of Rome, and all things considered about the future...
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hxecute)
Spoiler:
Show
If she's pregnant, that means she's already in one of those timelines. Then the other timeline isn't possible. Unless time will rewrite itself like at the end of The Saxon arc...
Spoiler:
Show
Unless the two timelines converge a lot and her pregnancy happened in only one of them, but many of the other things (including her thinking she is) happen in both.

(Original post by sleekchic)
Spoiler:
Show
Ooh, I'd forgotten about that, but yes, I feel that makes it even more likely.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
Which might explain Madame Kovarian through the window. She seemed to be observing the 'time-line' as such...
Was she observing the time line or are they clashing/merging? I mean the Madam Kovarian scene presumably also about Amy has happened in a different timeline but for whatever reason it was drawn to that particularly moment and Amy was able to see it?
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Could one of these timelines be a figment of Amy's imagination?

And I find it strange that the Doctor took exception to the Silents...they were not doing much wrong.
Yeah, I found that hard to believe also. What if The Silents made the Doctor do it for some reason through post hypnotic suggestion? Maybe it gave them an excuse to kill him in the future? :dontknow:
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TulipFields)
This all smells like a bad case of time paradox :trades: Which can be solved by "time can be unwritten" thing
How would she stop getting pregnant? :mmm:
By getting Rory to use a condom?
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe only a Time Lord could pilot a Tardis?
That doesn't really seem viable. If only a Time Lord could pilot the Tardis, surely the Doctor would know that. And if he did, he'd know Riversong was a Time Lord, which he doesn't... unless, of course, he's been covering it up for some timey wimey reason. :ninja:

Did anyone else get confused in the fight scene when River turned round to look at Rory and she didn't seem to forget the whole silent scene/thing?

?
I just looked at this scene again and I'm thinking it could be one of Moffat's subtle hints that's going to become key.

I also noticed, anyone seeing links between this and the Pandorica episodes, with the perfect prison and what not?
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Does anyone want to sum up the 23 pages I missed while watching So You Think You Can Dance and Britain's Got Talent?
Lots of paradoxes.

Mainly about Amy and the little girl. Doctor death. Silence theories (I THINK THEY MAY BE GOOD)
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
Did you notice that Roman reference in today's episode? Romans being driven out of Rome, and all things considered about the future...
Glad you mentioned that:
Spoiler:
Show
We've already seen a picture of Rory (I'm guessing) in his Roman gear and facing the cybermen. There's also a spoiler somewhere about a Roman invasion with a Roman chariot invading present day earth. There's a picture and a video.
JWH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it did throw back a Silent...
Probably got shone in the eye :laugh: I was worried it was going to actually do physical damage thankfully it didn't
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aula)

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Oooo actually, this could be true! In the first episode, Rory was cornered by the Silence when he and River found that area underground where the Silence were. River shouted out Rory's name, but we didn't see what happened to him. Then suddenly Amy feels a pain and tells the Doctor that she's pregnant. Maybe it was to do with the fact that something happened to Rory with the Silence at that moment...

He also said something about him being able to choose what he can remember or something like that, in today's episode?... Maybe Rory has more power than we thought.

And now that I think about it, how can a plastic centurion doll like Rory get Amy pregnant...
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Madame Kovarian is oddly similar to Doctor Moon from Silence in the Library. The whole sequence with CAL dreaming of a library, and Doctor Moon overseeing her...
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Robbie c)
Spoiler:
Show
i think river is Jenny, don't ask. just "i hope my old man didn't see that. he wouldn't approve"

10th doctor told Jenny he didn't approve of guns
Yeah, I thought that as well but then I thought wouldn't it be a bit weird for even a Time Lord to make sexual remarks towards his daughter, and vice versa? :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise