Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arvin_infinity)
    Yh that makes more sense !

Whats wrong with having heart pace maker and using MRI scan !! ??
    cant put metal in an MRI scanner for one thing (i assume theyre made of metal) also the EM waves interfere with the pacemaker which could stop someones heart or give them an irregular heart beat :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --NWzD9--)
    I think the broad peaks is due to the fact tha O-H and N-H can form hydrogen bonding (i think thats the most we need to know)

CDCl3 doesn't produce any peak on proton NMR because there are no hydrogens. the deuterium has two nucleons, which cancel out each others spin, therefore no residual spin, and so are not detected on the NMR spectra

When they mean 'broad' what they usually mean is that the base of the peak is slightly wider than other peaks
    correct except when they say broad i think they mean the peak can be in a broad range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    oh ok , so would i just place cl- next toNH3?
    Write it as NH3+Cl-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike-nificent)
    Write it as NH3+Cl-

(Original post by Stevo F)
    NH3+ Cl- is what u have to do

thanks

ReputationRep:
    cant put metal in an MRI scanner for one thing (i assume theyre made of metal) also the EM waves interfere with the pacemaker which could stop someones heart or give them an irregular heart beat :eek:
    How do you know so much! I'm so jealous, I feel like I know nothing when I read your posts

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys ... if possible can someone explain to me the dehydration of the compound and then it somehow become cyclic ... and I can't really find any comprehensive notes in the book :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemxx)
    Hi guys ... if possible can someone explain to me the dehydration of the compound and then it somehow become cyclic ... and I can't really find any comprehensive notes in the book :s
    If you have NH2CH2CH2CH2COOH - imagine just joining the COOH end with the NH2 end to release a water molecule --> it will be in a cycle because u are joining the head and tail together - cant draw it, but just do a condesnation reaction between those groups both of on the same molecule and it become cyclice and dehydrated as you have lost water

ReputationRep:
    How is NMR used in medicine to diagnose illness? 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesebase)
    If you have NH2CH2CH2CH2COOH - imagine just joining the COOH end with the NH2 end to release a water molecule --> it will be in a cycle because u are joining the head and tail together - cant draw it, but just do a condesnation reaction between those groups both of on the same molecule and it become cyclice and dehydrated as you have lost water
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    pfft learnt this in physics, havent covered it in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    What is the pH called at which zwitterions will exist?

ReputationRep:
    the isoelectric point

ReputationRep:
    isoelectric point. varies according to the R group

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the answer to this............................ ............or are you asking

ReputationRep:
    isoelectric point

----

wats the answer to that question ..havent made it up btw

ReputationRep:
    isoelectric point. varies according to the R group

(Original post by StuartCB)
    the isoelectric point
    good, good just testing :P

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the answer to this............................ ............or are you asking
    not in the syllabus dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Hahah..sorry am asking

ReputationRep:
    How do you improve the atom economy of fermentation? What can the companies do with the CO2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    Oh my 7?! How many do you have in Summer?
    oops missed ur post there :L errm 5 + retakes which will probs be about 3 aaahh

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.