Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [/QUOTE] Why would anyone bring Marmite to England?![/QUOTE]

It's crossed off me list...can't bring it along anyway...might be suspected of blowing up a plane with the stuff... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Pun intended?
    heh. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...

VJC's having a carnival next saturday on the 2nd September. If you're free do come down... and if you have any enquiries... do ask me!...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Got a question: just WHICH letter do you bring to apply for visa huh? They did not accept the UCAS one. Thank you, whoever's so kind to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmetterling)
    Got a question: just WHICH letter do you bring to apply for visa huh? They did not accept the UCAS one. Thank you, whoever's so kind to answer.
    You've got to ask your college for a Visa letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acezhiquan)
    Hey everyone...

VJC's having a carnival next saturday on the 2nd September. If you're free do come down... and if you have any enquiries... do ask me!...
    Ah, those were the days. I organised the first ever food&fun fair in VJ held on 1st May 2004. Great memories indeed! Good luck with this year's event.. i'm sure I'll drop by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmetterling)
    Most universities send out a letter that pretty much helps you with all your visa, loan apps etc.

Most would state: This is to certify that "so-and-so" will be studying at X uni, with term dates, fees, living expenses etc etc...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Well it wasn't me who gave the advice, but cheers anyway So how did visa application go?

ReputationRep:
    It's been rather quiet around here; I wonder what everyone's been up to. :flute:

ReputationRep:
    I used to live in Singapore..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileinregret)
    I used to live in Singapore..
    So what happened then? :ninja: Details, details, details!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    He's obviously smiling in regret of his decision to leave. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Yes it HAS turned quiet, hasn't it.

Ok, what have I been doing. MARKING. I've gotta finish it all by the end of next week, cuz it's my last week at work. So yes. Nothing much else.

Ok, I lie. I've been out a lot. Which explains the mountain of marking currently staring at me from a conspicuous place in my room. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Counting down the days to ORD and Nottingham... Thankfully I already have my understudy to dump my work on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fa|ique)
    Counting down the days to ORD and Nottingham... Thankfully I already have my understudy to dump my work on..
    ;rant;

Just came back from the AHM/SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run.

Exhausted! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ohno. NS talk again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Haha, my dad's job moved to Switzerland, so I did too.

ReputationRep:
    ^Aww. You born in Singapore?

Val: Good luck with the marking. It's got this amazing sleep-inducing effect doesn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redserene)
    ^Aww. You born in Singapore?
    Nope, in England. Then I moved there when I was 7, and stayed for 4 years, then moved to Switzerland.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.