Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be given out? I'm assuming more rejections will be given out next week 😷

ReputationRep:
    Getting worried about Liverpool :/ I've heard from all my other universities (Manchester, Leeds, Leicester) but nothing from Liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PB100R)
    x
    Wait and see, I only got the one interview and it worked out for me.

If you truly want to do Medicine, I'd also suggest considering a gap year and reapplying.

Good luck
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Firstly, people need to stop panicking. Easier said than done. Worrying about whether you will get an interview or not is useless and more than likely to the detriment of your work (which ultimately, if you are prepared to do a gap year, is all that matters).

Secondly, someone mentioned above about meeting the minimum requirements. These are clearly listed in the OP as well as other details about previous cycles which should help you to formulate a realistic idea as to whether you will get an interview or not.

Update: I've now also added information about performance at interview and exact data regarding GCSE scores for 2013 entry (for UK applicants only).

In summary, for an interview, students generally required a GCSE score of 17+ (median 18)
    For an offer, students generally required a GCSE score of 17+ (median 18) and an Interview score of 25+ (median 26, minimum 23).

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected guys, apparently my personal statement was deemed to be not as good as other candidates for "non academic criteria".

Tough luck I guess, but this would've been my 4th choice anyway- as I've had an interview with Cardiff and have one coming soon with Imperial!
    Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected too for the same reasons as above! Thank god for other choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected too as well for 'non-academic criteria'
    Is this talking about extra-curricular or work experience
    Or is it leadership, respect and those kind of values?

ReputationRep:
    I have been rejected too with same reason for personal statement not having enough non-academic criteria! But luckily i have a few other interviews!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

ReputationRep:
    Also just got a rejection for non academic criteria seems like a pretty generic reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    I got rejected too as well for 'non-academic criteria'
    Is this talking about extra-curricular or work experience
    Or is it leadership, respect and those kind of values?
    I'm tempted to say extracurriculars maybe? Can't say for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeywimey)
    I'm tempted to say extracurriculars maybe? Can't say for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope it isn't because I have loads but ah well, I guess thats the way life goes! Thank you for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adpeto)
    I hope it isn't because I have loads but ah well, I guess thats the way life goes! Thank you for your reply
    We're all in the same boat good luck with the rest of your choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has already had an interview received a rejection or are these rejections simply for those who don't meet the requirements to get an interview ?? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Firstly, people need to stop panicking. Easier said than done. Worrying about whether you will get an interview or not is useless and more than likely to the detriment of your work (which ultimately, if you are prepared to do a gap year, is all that matters).

Secondly, someone mentioned above about meeting the minimum requirements. These are clearly listed in the OP as well as other details about previous cycles which should help you to formulate a realistic idea as to whether you will get an interview or not.

Update: I've now also added information about performance at interview and exact data regarding GCSE scores for 2013 entry (for UK applicants only).

In summary, for an interview, students generally required a GCSE score of 17+ (median 18)
    For an offer, students generally required a GCSE score of 17+ (median 18) and an Interview score of 25+ (median 26, minimum 23).
    Heyy, do you know if that information is the same for International applicants as well? Or is it quite different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    You surely can't expect her to tell you everything they asked in the interview.

By all means help each other, but until you get your offers you are all still in competition for places.
    I understand what you mean. It might have looked like I was asking for the questions they asked in the interview but that is definitely not the case. My friend just told me how his interview went and I kind of panicked aahah. But yeah, I wasn't expecting that she would tell me everything.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    Heyy, do you know if that information is the same for International applicants as well? Or is it quite different?
    International applicants most likely won't apply with GCSEs so I excluded those with 0 points for GCSE. It's a crude method of isolating UK students though as some international students had a few GCSEs and some even had full GCSEs but with over 3000 students in total, the data will not be skewed much.

I imagine the interview statistics would be quite similar between UK and international students.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations for those who already got an offer! I have had my interview and now waiting for my reply. Those who already have offers, do you mind telling me what the offers are? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madgene)
    Congratulations for those who already got an offer! I have had my interview and now waiting for my reply. Those who already have offers, do you mind telling me what the offers are? Thanks in advance!
    I don't think they're giving out post-interview responses until March. But I'd imagine they'd be AAA for A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know roughly how the interview scoring works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    International applicants most likely won't apply with GCSEs so I excluded those with 0 points for GCSE. It's a crude method of isolating UK students though as some international students had a few GCSEs and some even had full GCSEs but with over 3000 students in total, the data will not be skewed much.

I imagine the interview statistics would be quite similar between UK and international students.
    Ohh thanks!!
    Btw the information that you have given about the 5 years of the medical course on the first page of this thread, is that for the new curriculum ( starting from 2014) or the old curriculum, and if we have to talk about the medical course at our interview, should we talk about the new or the old curriculum?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.