Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    OMAM is brilliant, but I hate short stories so badly... there are just so many and they only ask you 2 out of 7 .... ;'( Going to revise sociology now, then re-cap OMAM//Short stories and if I get time Macbeth and animal farm
    whens your sociology exam??

ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    LOL :rolleyes:
    There's this one guy in my science class.. I asked him if he was ready for the said exam. He was like, what exam are you talking about - all confused looking. I told him about the sunlight on the grass anthology and he was like their class haven't even started reading the stories yet :rofl2:

This was on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    mine is awfull

we havent read all the texts yet... or finished the poems
    we finished the C/A on the day it was required...
    and we only started it at the end of Jan

grrr
    :eek: Good luck none the less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    There's this one guy in my science class.. I asked him if he was ready for the said exam. He was like, what exam are you talking about - all confused looking. I told him about the sunlight on the grass anthology and he was like their class haven't even started reading the stories yet :rofl2:

This was on Friday!
    .......:eek::eek::eek: For once I have no words

ReputationRep:
    Omg, i have NO notes about the nature of OMAM... seriously?! All i'm revising is the quotes and the characters and the themes... I'm reallly scared they'd give a Question we have no notes about, or no quotes for it...

ReputationRep:
    To Kill a Mockingbird and the Crucible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    .......:eek::eek::eek: For once I have no words
    I was laughing pretty hard when he came out with that... I don't understand how they haven't started it.
    They've been preoccupied with IGCSEs but still; I think they were supposed to analyse them at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    By "more important" do you mean which interpretation would be the most accurate or what the author was probably thinking of?

Good luck to you as well :cool:
    It's just what the most important interpretation is in your opinion. This can be in the light of accuracy, author intentions, context or which you think is most likely to be true.

And thanks

ReputationRep:
    does it matter alot if you don't choose the best quote to support what you are saying, but you explain alot about it?
    as i haven't been looking for good quotes to use in the exam ==

ReputationRep:
    Has Eva/Daisy Renton come up yet for IC??and do you think the use of light/dark could be a possible candidate for OMAM???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sedasarahaydin)
    As i doubt it would be a character due to it mainly being characters for the past few papers. Also all the characters have been done except for slim..so i doubt a question about slim would come up due to being too predictable. Every student probably revised slim due to it not coming up. Plus many teachers believe it would be nature due to it being a complex question and something that is NOT predictable. but...you never know...i might be wrong so i'd advise you to revise everything, including characters and nature and themes
    Yeah that's true but even though it's predictable they might be generous lol.Can they maybe ask about the barn?And yeah I've pretty much analysed the characters but not setting cause I thought it would hardly come up!But I understand what you're saying.In January most of my class predicted Crooks to come up and he did!It was obvious he would come up because he hadn't come up yet and Slim is left but natural setting is a possibility.I'll revise it tonight.Thanks anyways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)
    Has Eva/Daisy Renton come up yet for IC??and do you think the use of light/dark could be a possible candidate for OMAM???
    No she hasn't and neither has Eric so I'm thinking any of those two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I was laughing pretty hard when he came out with that... I don't understand how they haven't started it.
    They've been preoccupied with IGCSEs but still; I think they were supposed to analyse them at home.
    Aww poor them it certainly seems bizarre

ReputationRep:
    are you supposed to analyse your quotation or point? I sometimes find I have a lot of stuff to say about my point, but not the quotation (it sometimes just proves the point, and I find it hard to do any close analysis of it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sedasarahaydin)
    i think OMAM is my weakest section but i think im ok at it...

2 big suggestions:
    - imbed links better... dont talk about context..then soley on the novel// link them.. e.g. crooks - name crooks literal meaning 1,, litterall/figurative meaning 2... then link to context e.g. prejudice against him due to him being black

- dont ramble.. the first line was pointless! -

ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlx)
    No one can be sure what'll come up!
    I'm defo going to analyse Slim before Monday though!
    Yeah make sure you do,you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msxo)
    Omg, i have NO notes about the nature of OMAM... seriously?! All i'm revising is the quotes and the characters and the themes... I'm reallly scared they'd give a Question we have no notes about, or no quotes for it...
    Msxo, what?? Nature? Can you please explain to me what your stressing out about? You are so wise and intelligent, I must learn.

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    are you supposed to analyse your quotation or point? I sometimes find I have a lot of stuff to say about my point, but not the quotation (it sometimes just proves the point, and I find it hard to do any close analysis of it)
    Yep. You need word level analysis too, aswell as just talking about your point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N Kay)
    Msxo, what?? Nature? Can you please explain to me what your stressing out about? You are so wise and intelligent, I must learn.

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App
    Yeah, someone mentioned that they're likely to ask us a question about Nature in OMAM. In this case, I have no notes about Nature at all. Terrified

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys have your Lit exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.