Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    I'll come test you a bit
    Thanks.

(Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Out of interest, are you lot going to be revising in the morning for biology or not, because I've heard mixed opinions on which is better to do...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am. I'll wake up at about 7:30.

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You on it?
    Not yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    Thanks.

I am. I'll wake up at about 7:30.

Not yet.
    I would Tommy/Andy but I've got to get to bed early but before that revise for History. I'm dreading it, my school tricked me and didn't tell me about this second paper - might sue them for sexual discrimination. Anyways, I wish you all luck and may see you lot on Skype at about 11 - 12 ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    I would Tommy/Andy but I've got to get to bed early but before that revise for History. I'm dreading it, my school tricked me and didn't tell me about this second paper - might sue them for sexual discrimination. Anyways, I wish you all luck and may see you lot on Skype at about 11 - 12 ish
    My school is doing that paper too. How did you do in the first one? Just get some awesome revision done and you wont have any reason to dread it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    My school is doing that paper too. How did you do in the first one? Just get some awesome revision done and you wont have any reason to dread it tomorrow.
    Anticipating an A* in the first one but Paper Two I need an A in... It is so hard to get 36/53 in this paper, trust me! It's like doing B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 all in one exam - hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    well...tbh..im not as confident as i was last year
    but i only need an A this year

grr.... i need to finish the specimen paper

haha I did the specimen before I properly started revision and got my teacher to mark it! 56/85 it was dreadddful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    Anticipating an A* in the first one but Paper Two I need an A in... It is so hard to get 36/53 in this paper, trust me! It's like doing B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 all in one exam - hard!
    I feel the same about geography, we need to know about 50 case studies off by heart and memorise facts for all of those... No thanks, I think I'll stick to the sciences!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    haha I did the specimen before I properly started revision and got my teacher to mark it! 56/85 it was dreadddful
    that is not dread full!!

i just got 59 .... i only got 13 in section C ...holy crap!! thats awful !!!

i need to get of her...

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    that is not dread full!!

i need to get of her...

Ryan
    It's Section C that lost me my marks... (about 6-8?)

ReputationRep:
    that is not dread full!!

i need to get of her...

Ryan

oh urr! section c is quite varied, lots of different stuff in it! haha you need to relax last minute cramming is bad for memoryyy

but 59 should be an A* based on boundaries I predict 51 +- about 3 raw marks for an A* hahaha

ReputationRep:
    The specimens were absolutely ridiculous! It was so difficult! What was it? About 50 or 55 for an A*? I really hope the real thing is easier but the grade boundaries are higher!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the specimen mark scheme was incredibly specific which lost me marks...I think I got around 63/85

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the specimen mark scheme was incredibly specific which lost me marks...I think I got around 63/85

Posted from TSR Mobile

the real mark schemes are always more lenient because they take people's responses into consideration :P

ReputationRep:
    When yeast undergoes aerobic respiration does it create the usual products of co2 and water? Or does it produce ethanoic acid instead (like it says in the chemistry revision guide)? )

And are bacteria/fungi detritivores since they're not animals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When yeast undergoes aerobic respiration does it create the usual products of co2 and water? Or does it produce ethanoic acid instead (like it says in the chemistry revision guide)? )

And are bacteria/fungi detritivores since they're not animals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CO2 and Water it says in mine

Fungi are normally saprophytes

ReputationRep:
    CO2 and Water it says in mine

Fungi are normally saprophytes
    But they're still detritivores, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually, never mind, I just found out that detritivores are organisms that feed on dead and decaying material but then it says bacteria/sacrophytes are decomposers...aren't bacteria/sacrophytes organisms as well though lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's Section C that lost me my marks... (about 6-8?)

(Original post by NatashaG)
    oh urr! section c is quite varied, lots of different stuff in it! haha you need to relax last minute cramming is bad for memoryyy

but 59 should be an A* based on boundaries I predict 51 +- about 3 raw marks for an A* hahaha
    i lost all the marks for the 6 marker in Section B and C grr.... :facepalm::facepalm:

i had around 22,19,13,5 total = 59

ReputationRep:
    i lost all the marks for the 6 marker in Section B and C grr.... :facepalm::facepalm:

i had around 22,19,13,5 total = 59
    How did you lose all the marks in 6 markers?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a section D in the exam tomorrow?! :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.