Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 "Physics at work" June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: The last question - Does resistance increase or decrease?
    It increases ( using V=IR or some other method)
    70.73%
    It decreases using the 'lattice vibrations' theory
    29.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel96)
    If you double the length the number of charge carriers doubles too! There's no two ways about it
    dude charge density is like the amount of charge per unit volume so increasing the length wont increase amount of charge per unit volume i saw on xtreme papers u argued about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Are you sure ..?
    no man he is wrong charge density is the amount of charge per unit volume so length wont affect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzeh h)
    no man he is wrong charge density is the amount of charge per unit volume so length wont affect
    We shall see

ReputationRep:
    Yo hamza what about Q10?

ReputationRep:
    Guys isn't 57-60 very high for an A? The answer was V/2, and has nothing to do with charge carriers. Also, can somebody give a definition to critical angle? For the question about wavelength I did not write about troughs or peaks and just said its the distance travelled by a wave for a complete oscillation to take place. Is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    Yo hamza what about Q10?
    that was tricky but i sticked with polarization , sure polarization occurs at reflections and refractions but it had nothing to do with color patterns u see so it polarization

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexsk)
    Guys isn't 57-60 very high for an A? The answer was V/2, and has nothing to do with charge carriers. Also, can somebody give a definition to critical angle? For the question about wavelength I did not write about troughs or peaks and just said its the distance travelled by a wave for a complete oscillation to take place. Is that correct?
    After all it was an easy exam 57 is not high , higher than most year by 1 or 2 marks but i dont think its gonna be lower than 55 , its v/2 ya , critical angle the angle at which beyond total internal reflection occurs and at it the ray is refracted at angle of 90 to the normal
    wave length i wrote definition of period X_x didnt read it well

ReputationRep:
    Wavelength is simply the distance between two identical points on a wave

ReputationRep:
    I reckon similar to the Jan paper. 56 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    I asked if my response is correct!

ReputationRep:
    So did everyone say polarization for No 10?

Also what about 12 b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    I reckon similar to the Jan paper. 56 for an A.
    our paper is actually similar to january 2010 which had 2-3 electricity questions and proving light particle theorem but had some super-position question yet it had a grade boundary of 45

ReputationRep:
    So did everyone say polarization for No 10?

Also what about 12 b
    since R=pl/a
    increasing L will decrease the area since P is constant R increase

ReputationRep:
    our paper is actually similar to january 2010 which had 2-3 electricity questions and proving light particle theorem but had some super-position question yet it had a grade boundary of 45
    I hope it will be under 55 so as to help for the failure in Unit 1

ReputationRep:
    That's true. Our paper had quite a lot of wordy questions so the grade boundaries could be lower than 56, as getting full marks on some may be quite hard.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly though not entirely sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    That's true. Our paper had quite a lot of wordy questions so the grade boundaries could be even lower, as getting full marks on some may be quite hard.
    yaa didnt notice that point im guessing a full ums would be 67-68 and above
    an A at 56-57

ReputationRep:
    true true people.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys Did anyone get the same answer as me for the 4.3ev resonant frequency question? I did......... E=hf. 4.3x 1.6 x10^-19=6.63x10^-34f so when rearranging this, f=1 x10^15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideonv)
    Hi guys Did anyone get the same answer as me for the 4.3ev resonant frequency question? I did......... E=hf. 4.3x 1.6 x10^-19=6.63x10^-34f so when rearranging this, f=1 x10^15
    ya

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.