Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebolt)
    I have been loving reading this thread, some have actually made me laugh!

The tiny jeans pockets are annoying, I keep forgetting to check them before I buy and so wear them and there is nowhere for my phone!
    Does anyone actually use the tampon machines in toilets? I have never seen anyone use them.
    I was going to use the one at Liverpool Street St station in London but it was £3 =0
    I decided to wait out the 30 mins home with no pad or tampon

ReputationRep:
    Got a denim jacket yesterday.., only this morning did I realise that it's completely pocket free! Where am I supposed to put anything for goodness sake? My phone would be destroyed in my bag, and I prefer having a few items close at hand... Entirely impractical!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A bum bag of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaisha)
    Got a denim jacket yesterday.., only this morning did I realise that it's completely pocket free! Where am I supposed to put anything for goodness sake? My phone would be destroyed in my bag, and I prefer having a few items close at hand... Entirely impractical!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trousers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    First rule of fightclub...
    ...is that you do not talk about Fight Club, looks like you broke the rule!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiealyssa)
    ...is that you do not talk about Fight Club
    Trust a woman to break the rule...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Trust a woman to break the rule...
    Except you broke it first by mentioning it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
    Trousers?
    Unfortunately no trousers or jeans actually fit me because i have a rather awkward body shape, so I'm stuck in leggings and little dresses, neither of which have pockets either. Oh dear, I'll just have to work something out...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    I was going to use the one at Liverpool Street St station in London but it was £3 =0
    I decided to wait out the 30 mins home with no pad or tampon
    Thats obscene! (the price that is) Especially when all they are is little flimsy things, no good to anybody. I had to get one in a nightclub once and that was about £2 for a tiny Lillet thing, rubbish.

I thought of a new one though: that men dont realise how much more women have to pay for necessities than men.

Im not talking about luxuries like make up and stuff but expensive necessities like sanitary products and underwear. Bras at their cheapest are on average £20 a time, especially if your slightly bustier.

But fellas, id like to know would you be able to spare £20-£30 out of your paycheque to buy a necessity. Were talking at least a couple every 6 months as god forbid you be seen in an old or unpretty one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    I don't blame them.. Olive is the most outdated bathroom colour in history.

I'd find 5 girls standing up and going into a room a bit creepy, as if they are in a cult and plotting something.
    Not quite olive but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoWHzq21tA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodDay)
    Not quite olive but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWoWHzq21tA
    Exactly what I'm talking about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Thats obscene! (the price that is) Especially when all they are is little flimsy things, no good to anybody. I had to get one in a nightclub once and that was about £2 for a tiny Lillet thing, rubbish.

I thought of a new one though: that men dont realise how much more women have to pay for necessities than men.

Im not talking about luxuries like make up and stuff but expensive necessities like sanitary products and underwear. Bras at their cheapest are on average £20 a time, especially if your slightly bustier.

But fellas, id like to know would you be able to spare £20-£30 out of your paycheque to buy a necessity. Were talking at least a couple every 6 months as god forbid you be seen in an old or unpretty one
    Well while I certainly could spend that kind of money, I don't have to. God only knows how long I've had some of my underwear for, good thing boxers stay looking fresh provided you wash them with the right colours...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It can be hard to tell what exactly is causing you pain when you are a girl - Name:  girl probs.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  52.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaisha)
    Unfortunately no trousers or jeans actually fit me because i have a rather awkward body shape, so I'm stuck in leggings and little dresses, neither of which have pockets either. Oh dear, I'll just have to work something out...
    Any space in your bra? Or yeah get a bum bag or side bag.

I guess it must be tough for bustier girls, but im an awkward size, 38B. Wide but small. I trust Next, and can now just order my bras online from them. I usually get them during the sale and its 2 for £8 or £6 each. So its ok. I cant usually find my size or a style I like in shop

ReputationRep:

IT'S NOT OUR FAULT THAT NATURE HAS COME UP WITH A STUPID WAY TO TELL US WE'RE NOT PREGNANT I wonder how much the average woman spends on sanitary products in a lifetime... bet it would be staggering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    Any space in your bra? Or yeah get a bum bag or side bag.

I guess it must be tough for bustier girls, but im an awkward size, 38B. Wide but small. I trust Next, and can now just order my bras online from them. I usually get them during the sale and its 2 for £8 or £6 each. So its ok. I cant usually find my size or a style I like in shop
    Well I wear a bandeau kinda thing from ASDA because I have just as much luck with bras as I do with jeans. I don't think my bra size even exists which is a bummer. Curse my genes! (Broad back and not so big boobs, kinda like you there) so yeah bra is kinda out. Not sure how well that would go down at my sixth form anyway, same for the bumbag. That's why my phone would be destroyed in my schoolbag. Maybe I should just get a little cross body bag. That'd sort some of my problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Certain men want to treat their wives like slaves/property and it's 2017... tradition/ideas, etc...

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.