The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Hahahaaha! I know. I'll probably just wear my freshers t shirt to avoid completely ruining my clothes :P

I remember a foam party in 10/11 where you could find several pieces of clothing and even a pair of abandoned Converse and Uggs just lying around outside. Putting them off inside, I understand. But outside, after the party has finished and you are going home? :confused:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 721
Original post by Selym95
How have you found out your accommodation?

I got an email yesterday with my offer :smile:

Original post by noobslayer
It depends how much you care. All you need the building for is a functioning kitchen, bathroom and a place to sleep and work, if that's all you need then Cryfield is fine!

I guess. It's just I've heard a lot of criticism of it and not much praise :tongue: haha people tend to say its not nice or just sort of "it'll do" :tongue:
Reply 722
I know its been discussed before but I wondered as a non-drinker who hates clubbing and going out with people who do get drunk, how much will I be separate from everyone else? It seems like most people make friends on Freshers nights out but I won't want to do any of that so I don't know whether I'll be able to make friends as easily :/
Reply 723
Original post by grt
Hahahaaha! I know. I'll probably just wear my freshers t shirt to avoid completely ruining my clothes :P

I remember a foam party in 10/11 where you could find several pieces of clothing and even a pair of abandoned Converse and Uggs just lying around outside. Putting them off inside, I understand. But outside, after the party has finished and you are going home? :confused:

Lmao that is worrying. :colone:
Original post by Callum17
I know its been discussed before but I wondered as a non-drinker who hates clubbing and going out with people who do get drunk, how much will I be separate from everyone else? It seems like most people make friends on Freshers nights out but I won't want to do any of that so I don't know whether I'll be able to make friends as easily :/

Dont worry im sure there will be other non-drinkers too I have friends like you and we have alot of fun together its not all about drinking and clubbing :smile:.
Reply 725
Any Lloyds scholars here? Literally got the call 5 mins ago I'm just SO happy words cannot describe :')
Reply 726
Original post by Naami
Any Lloyds scholars here? Literally got the call 5 mins ago I'm just SO happy words cannot describe :')

I'm still waiting :frown: ...what subject are you studying?
Reply 727

I don't drink either :smile: there will be quite a few who don't do the whole clubbing scene thing, and I don't think we'll miss out on a lot, from what i've heard people don't exactly recall the gazillion people they talked to during freshers once its actually over. And people tend to make friends with those on their courses/halls/socs anyway from what I've found out, so it should be ok! :smile:
Reply 728
Original post by GeeGee3
I'm still waiting :frown: ...what subject are you studying?

Chemistry...just wait a bit longer don't think the calls have finished yet

Original post by Zeegie
I don't drink either :smile: there will be quite a few who don't do the whole clubbing scene thing, and I don't think we'll miss out on a lot, from what i've heard people don't exactly recall the gazillion people they talked to during freshers once its actually over. And people tend to make friends with those on their courses/halls/socs anyway from what I've found out, so it should be ok! :smile:

Same here, well, almost...

I do drink ^^ Hate (the idea of) clubbing though, and looking through the events lists left feeling "I don't fit into any of these", except possibly The Dirty Duck things, and the film soc quiz (I think I saw it somewhere...)
Left thinking a bit like I'd rather stay in my room until it's all over, and *then* go out and make friends gradually.
I'm hoping that there'll be more people like this/a decent number per corridor/flat so you can do your own thing with them.
Reply 730
Original post by dragonrabbit

I do drink ^^ Hate (the idea of) clubbing though, and looking through the events lists left feeling "I don't fit into any of these", except possibly The Dirty Duck things, and the film soc quiz (I think I saw it somewhere...)
Left thinking a bit like I'd rather stay in my room until it's all over, and *then* go out and make friends gradually.
I'm hoping that there'll be more people like this/a decent number per corridor/flat so you can do your own thing with them.

Aww don't think that! You've got like so much time to make friends when you think about the time you will spend getting to know new people in societies/sports clubs, and I'm guessing you'd become close to your hallmates too. What's a couple of weeks going to do eh :smile:
Constantly refreshing my emails all day to check if i've been given the accommodation I wanted and still no update :frown:

Anybody hear about anything yet? More specifically Rootes & Westwood?
Reply 732
Original post by dragonrabbit

You are exactly like me, pls say you are staying in JM :P
Reply 733
Hey everyone :smile: For the events, does anyone know if can I keep the tickets in my basket for a bit until I can buy them, or can they expire/sell out?
Original post by Ryan Gregg
Constantly refreshing my emails all day to check if i've been given the accommodation I wanted and still no update :frown:

Anybody hear about anything yet? More specifically Rootes & Westwood?

I still haven't heard anything yet and i'm hoping for Westwood :s-smilie:.
Reply 735
Currently have 5 items in my basket:

Paint Party
CRASH
Hall Wars
Comedy Soc
Freshers Party

Total: £39

Wondering if the Las Vegas party is worth it...where is it being held?
Got an offer for Rootes. Anyone else?
Original post by Naami
Currently have 5 items in my basket:

Paint Party
CRASH
Hall Wars
Comedy Soc
Freshers Party

Total: £39

Wondering if the Las Vegas party is worth it...where is it being held?

Looks like its going to be fun :biggrin:
Reply 738
Original post by millennial
Got an offer for Rootes. Anyone else?

Hey up :biggrin:
Original post by Zeegie
Hey up :biggrin:

You too Rootes?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest