Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all going tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    good luck to all the engineering and science applicants setting off tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anishapol)
    anyone with interviews on the 15th? there should be sum law applicants? mikeharris have u got urs yet?
    I have got mine and Ill be there on the 15th. If I see you ill be sure to lock you in a cupboard so you cant take my spot

Good luck, Im like medium height, white, medium length straight brown hair, will be in a shirt and tie (I think!) so say hi if you see me =] My first interview is 1ish =] Good luck again (fingers crossed mwahhaha)

ReputationRep:
    Damn. I just realized I didn't put my name on the written test...

Should I email them or something?

(Interviews were fun and relatively painless btw, don't worry about them!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux Astraea)
    Damn. I just realized I didn't put my name on the written test...

Should I email them or something?

(Interviews were fun and relatively painless btw, don't worry about them!)
    btw,,,, does St John's do the computer-based TSA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splee)
    btw,,,, does St John's do the computer-based TSA?
    I did mine on paper.....

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, my interview is tomorrow, does anyone have any idea where should I go firstly? Should I go the admission office or should I go straight to the place where I'm supposed to have my first interview? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laughterland)
    Hey guys, my interview is tomorrow, does anyone have any idea where should I go firstly? Should I go the admission office or should I go straight to the place where I'm supposed to have my first interview? Thanks
    I just went straight to the rooms - both had a sign on the doors, saying where to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laughterland)
    If you arrive early you could also go to the JCR to wait (as well as in between interviews). It'll be full of current students to talk to and some other applicants. Plus it's warm and has sofas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lux Astraea)
    Interviews are supposed to last approx. 30 minutes right? Well, my first interview is at 9 AM in "I8 (b&c) New Court" and then my second one is at 9:35 AM in "Boys Smith Annex, Fisher Building". Does anyone know whether I'll be able to get from the first place to the second one in less than 5 minutes?

Also, is any of you staying overnight on the 9th? Anybody else got an interview on the 10th?

Hope you all do great!
    Hey Lux, yep you'll definitely be able to get from one to the other. I8 New Court is literally round the corner from the Fisher building which is in Cripps (the ugly building). And if you have an interview in I8 B&c then I'm guessing youve got an interview with Dr. Colwell who is the best fellow in the world! She supervised me in maths last year, and she's soooo cute and nice (and an absolute maths machine). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeHarris)
    I have got mine and Ill be there on the 15th. If I see you ill be sure to lock you in a cupboard so you cant take my spot

Good luck, Im like medium height, white, medium length straight brown hair, will be in a shirt and tie (I think!) so say hi if you see me =] My first interview is 1ish =] Good luck again (fingers crossed mwahhaha)
    hmm... You can try to lock me in a cupboard.. but that is if you can stop me from doing the same to you first! :p:
    My interviews are before yours at 9ish. I'll be getting off at 1. Are you going to be there 14th evening? I am staying over on sunday. If you are I probably will see you around JCR. Im asian - so, black hair in a ponytail for sure, wrapped up in black coat, slightly on the short side - so they say!
    Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    If you arrive early you could also go to the JCR to wait (as well as in between interviews). It'll be full of current students to talk to and some other applicants. Plus it's warm and has sofas.
    hey.. are there any restaurants in the vincinity?, like normal ones, not bella italia! And when do they serve dinner at st johns canteen? its not that im really bothered by food and all! Its just I don't want to be stressing over little things like - starvation!

ReputationRep:
    hmm... You can try to lock me in a cupboard.. but that is if you can stop me from doing the same to you first! :p:
    My interviews are before yours at 9ish. I'll be getting off at 1. Are you going to be there 14th evening? I am staying over on sunday. If you are I probably will see you around JCR. Im asian - so, black hair in a ponytail for sure, wrapped up in black coat, slightly on the short side - so they say!
    Goodluck!
    I'd hate having an interview around 9am, would be half asleep! I'm glad mine are a little later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver_j)
    I'd hate having an interview around 9am, would be half asleep! I'm glad mine are a little later.
    well...its ok... because I'll be hyper with nerves and it'll just stop me from being lazy!:yep: And I will have little time over the day to mull over it and get myself in a state of insanity!

ReputationRep:
    hey.. are there any restaurants in the vincinity?, like normal ones, not bella italia! And when do they serve dinner at st johns canteen? its not that im really bothered by food and all! Its just I don't want to be stressing over little things like - starvation!
    There are loads of restaurants if you want to go to the effort of finding one, however I'd just go to the canteen. Its called the Buttery (and despite serving rather buttery food) it's nice, free on your interview and you certainly wouldn't starve. Plus you'll get a chance to see some other students, or at least poison your competitors ...

Dinner tickets are 12 till 1:30 but I think the Buttery is open longer than that. ?

ReputationRep:
    I decided not to eat in college, because I just wanted to leave lol! So me and my mam had lunch at a nice cafe around the corner. The Buttery is very nice though, we ate there on the open day in July, and I'd also like to reccomend popping in the JCR if you have free time cos the students are lovely. Oh and the porters were very helpful in showing me where to go.

ReputationRep:
    I had Wetherspoons' beer and burger for my lunch.

Not really that close to the college though - it's right round the corner from where you do the TSA.

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck!
    Thanks =] I live in London so Im driving down there on the day and wont be down till like 11. Still maybe Ill see you next year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    50 mts from st John's entrance -towards high street there is Bangladeshi /Indian restaurant. Good food. Owner told me Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia were his customers when Rajiv was student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    There are loads of restaurants if you want to go to the effort of finding one, however I'd just go to the canteen. Its called the Buttery (and despite serving rather buttery food) it's nice, free on your interview and you certainly wouldn't starve. Plus you'll get a chance to see some other students, or at least poison your competitors ...

Dinner tickets are 12 till 1:30 but I think the Buttery is open longer than that. ?
    could the lunch be taken within half an hour? Coz I have to take my TSA at 1pm...

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.