Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, seen that a couple of people have applied for the same course as me, International Management with American Business Studies! I was wondering if anyone knows if they interview as a general rule, as I have non-traditional qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhan)
    I got an offer for Law LLB too!! Finally- now i have both of my offers from UoM for Law(AAA) and Law with Criminology(ABB) im definetly going to firm the Law offer now :mmm::yep: how about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done man, and I'm still waiting for Durham which will be my firm but if I don't get it then Bristol will be my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RunningInHeels)
    Manchester uni is really city based isn't it?
    It's about a mile away from the city centre, so it's definitely in the thick of it, but all the buildings are quite close together, so I like to think of it as being an open campus within the city. Some people have visions of a city campus meaning having to travel 5 miles between lectures, but that isn't what happens at all. The only real distinguishing factor that I can find between a city uni and a campus uni is whether or not outside traffic & people normally pass through - on that basis, Manchester is a city uni.

(Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    I met someone at the open day/interview that lived there too, she recommended it. I had heard it was the party house.
    It's a lot of fun, and it does have a reputation for partying, but that doesn't mean that you can't do your work too

(Original post by Winstanley)
    Hey everyone, seen that a couple of people have applied for the same course as me, International Management with American Business Studies! I was wondering if anyone knows if they interview as a general rule, as I have non-traditional qualifications.
    Manchester Business School (your department) doesn't tend to interview, but they can still choose to interview individual students, especially if they have non-traditional qualifications (e.g. if you're a mature student). They may not interview you though.

ReputationRep:
    anybody applied for Chemistry with international study? if so have you heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemApp)
    anybody applied for Chemistry with international study? if so have you heard anything back yet?
    Welcome to TSR :party:

There's a list of people who have received interviews and offers for chemistry on the first page of this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iano101)
    Well done man, and I'm still waiting for Durham which will be my firm but if I don't get it then Bristol will be my firm.
    I got an offer for Manchester today. I am feeling the same way as you about it. Bristol is my firm until I hear from Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Hey has anyone got an invitation for an applicant day for law? Just wondering because I haven't received one...
    I havent got one either- i think we will have to wait untill we have firmed UoM as our first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks btw- im a lady x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks btw- im a lady x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my badd

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I got a conditional offer today for International Business, Finance and Economics (AAB) and it's my first choice as well! Feeling chuffed

ReputationRep:
    my badd
    Its fine - from looking at ur profile pic i noticed that its mike from suits its an awesome show !! What career do u want at the end of ur law degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is aha! I love Suits so muchh, and not sure between solicitor or barrister yet, how about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is aha! I love Suits so muchh, and not sure between solicitor or barrister yet, how about yourself?
    Ahh mine is a lil ambitious buh hey what the heck! I want to become a solicitor workin at a magic circle law firm maybe Clifford Chance or Slaughter &May because i like the way they work (if that makes any sense?) also i want to travel around the world too (sounds lame buh ) hence i can do that if i join a international firm.:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths_7)
    Hello, fellow chemistry applicant here! I've applied for straight chemistry mchem, I haven't heard anything either! all this waiting is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too i applied 2 weeks ago, how long ago did you apply? wonder how much longer we will have to wait!! do you have any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh mine is a lil ambitious buh hey what the heck! I want to become a solicitor workin at a magic circle law firm maybe Clifford Chance or Slaughter &May because i like the way they work (if that makes any sense?) also i want to travel around the world too (sounds lame buh ) hence i can do that if i join a international firm.:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am all for aspirations and if i choose the solicitor path it will be in a similar path hoping to be at a magic circle firm likewise.

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Geography on January 15th.

Absolutely terrified about the interview but regardless of whether I get in or not, it's good to have the experience of a university interview. Pretty pleased there's a campus tour and taster lecture included too - makes it worth coming up from London for!

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on the 11th, I really just want to know one way it the other now!! Yep I have an offer from Liverpool and an interview at Bristol, what about you? I also applied to imperial and bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too! i have an offer from Liverpool also and Queen Mary, now awaiting Manchester, UCL and Kings :boring:

ReputationRep:
    I am all for aspirations and if i choose the solicitor path it will be in a similar path hoping to be at a magic circle firm likewise.
    Awww which firm wud u like to work at - aspiration wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, fellow chemistry applicant here! I've applied for straight chemistry mchem, I haven't heard anything either! all this waiting is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I have applied for the BSc for Chemistry and haven't heard anything either :/ really want to go here too!

ReputationRep:
    I contacted Uni of Manchester recently asking about when I could expect to recieve a decision (I applied mid September), I was told tutors take longer when looking at adults returning to education applications (Mature students).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.