Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naykaykay)
    Hi5 pal! I really hate this situation. My priority at the moment is to move out. As much as I love London it's expensive as hell. And Southampton is a really really great campus albeit a little quieter. It feels the more I think about it, the harder it gets to decide! Thank you for helping me out with the pros and cons! Haven't come to a decision but a step closer nonetheless. Good luck with your choice too!
    Let me know if you have any specific/random questions about Southampton from a current student - post or PM me directly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still not heard back post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Anyone else still not heard back post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep... me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon12345678)
    when is the deadline?
    Check the accommodation website. It's not for a while :yes:

I had my interview on the 29th of Jan and I haven't heard back which makes me think I'm going to be rejected.
      When do they send out rejections?

ReputationRep:
      I got mine, rejection early march. So waiting is no bad at the stage.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ella-x3)
      I had my interview on the 29th of Jan and I haven't heard back which makes me think I'm going to be rejected.
      When do they send out rejections?
      Same, I had my interview on 27th Jan and I haven't heard back yet!! hopefully no news is good news!! this is my only chance left as I have had 3 rejections now!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jeanretsileg)
      also got an offer about an hour ago, just recovering my breath. i'm also a graduate, interviewed on Friday 13 Feb and got an offer on Friday 13 March. Friday 13 will never be inauspicious again!
      best of luck to all those waiting
      I had an interview then as well, in the afternoon. Still haven't heard anything though. Southampton are taking a very long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GGardner)
      Same, I had my interview on 27th Jan and I haven't heard back yet!! hopefully no news is good news!! this is my only chance left as I have had 3 rejections now!!
      Wow, you've been waiting a long long time. Best of luck. I haven't heard much about how they give offers tbh, it's a bit of a mystery with Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I was also interviewed on the 27th and I'm still waiting as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gigabyte)
      Wow, you've been waiting a long long time. Best of luck. I haven't heard much about how they give offers tbh, it's a bit of a mystery with Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      haha yes I know!! fingers crossed! have you got an offer?

I feel much better now. I know it sounds silly but I thought they made and error and forgot about me.

Coincidenctly I got my third rejection an hour ago from Leciester, so Southampton is literally my last hope.

Best wishes to everyone else who is still waiting.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ella-x3)
        I feel much better now. I know it sounds silly but I thought they made and error and forgot about me.

Coincidenctly I got my third rejection an hour ago from Leciester, so Southampton is literally my last hope.

Best wishes to everyone else who is still waiting.
        I'm not gonna lie, I have also felt that they've forgotten me

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by GGardner)
        haha yes I know!! fingers crossed! have you got an offer?
        Nope, no communication since the interview, just waiting it out as well

ReputationRep:
        does anyone know if graduates can get student finance for an undergraduate med course and do we apply for the nhs bursary separately ?

thanks

ReputationRep:
        Im a grad aswell are you renting via private accommodation ?
        really can't make up my mind whether to go into halls or privately rent

(Original post by jb31g11)
        I'm a grad applicant and I've just firmed Southampton bm5 any other grads doing this. I did my undergrad in Southampton so I'm already living here and definitely not going into halls again, but for all those trying to decide I reccomend glen eyre! It's one of the biggest halls so all your friends will pretty much be 1 minute away from you and it's much greener than Wessex lane which is really nice for freshers (there's BBQ areas you can hire out) and for summer

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by yelrihsuday)
        Im a grad aswell are you renting via private accommodation ?
        really can't make up my mind whether to go into halls or privately rent
        Im privately renting but I'm living with my boyfriend so that's why I'm not going for halls or anything else, I reckon post graduate halls might be quite good though?

ReputationRep:
        Rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Rejection too.

ReputationRep:
        I got a rejection too!!! ((

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.