Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thats fine Phil. I'm starting College in September, getting my GCSE results tomorrow and no, never spoken to anyone besides Teachers and a few friends.

ReputationRep:
    On the waiting list to see a psychologist.
    Can't be seen more than once a week because I don't get on with my care coordinator.
    Surely theres more than one care coordinator..

ReputationRep:
    I feel a bit better tonight, so Scrabble will be back this evening sometime after 0000 - All welcome, even if just for a little chat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    at lakeside mental health unit?

what was he like with you?
    I saw him at home when I was with the home treatment team. He seemed a decent bloke, really knowledgeable and he helped me challenge the shadows more.

Lakeside is pretty grim though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    Went to sleep at ~06:00 and got up at 09:30. I wasn't in bed, I was on my bed. I hope tomorrow's better too.

OK. I have managed to go from being on the bed to kneeling besides the bed. I am half way to getting off the bed. I will put on some relaxing music. I don't think I am going to make it to the shower.
    :eek: I'm glad you got some sleep okay tonight then (I think I saw you post that you had? :hide:)

(Original post by Star-girl)
    That's really great! I enjoyed the scrabble/chat too! :ahee: I made a big mistake not bringing my diary with me on holiday and now I have to subject you guys to my ranting. I didn't realise how useful it is for destressing until I didn't have it.
    It's okay! What we're here for Yeah I like having a diary too - kinda nice to have something physical with memories/stuff in Though I also sort of find it easier to rant in here - just because typing doesn't tire out your hand so much
    Hope the holiday's fun!

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thanks for the hugs, I don't blame you not knowing what to say, I don't know either

Glad to hear you had fun with the chatting and scrabble yesterday, I enjoyed it too.

What you planning on seeing at the cinema?
    Haha Is wife being more helpful recently?

Good Yeah was fun!
    Guardians of the Galaxy! Tempted to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and How to Train Your Dragon 2, too Even if I've seen those two already GotG has some pretty great reviews by the sounds of things though Going to head off in a bit I think! It's at 6pm-ish too, which is good as I'll get back around 10ish maybe, avoid relatives a bit (not that they're not nice, but just makes it easier)

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    yeah was good in the end played some xbox & chatted then had a nice meal that's good, can't beat a nice evening! that's cool, something to look forward to at least, you apprehensive about Uni or?
    Good Glad you've gotten on well Another good day today?
    Though I actually found out today the person organising it had semi-given up because not everyone could make the same dates (which is annoying because she'd taken over from me because I hadn't been the most active organiser, but I still would've booked a place I think/organised it eventually. Possibly getting sorted though by others (Sorry, ramble...))
    Quite a bit Just not sure how it's going to go this year being off-campus/in a house/with GP and therapy and stuff. And also I think I relied last year on being good at the A-level stuff, whereas the newer Uni-level stuff I'm not sure I know well at all :dontknow: We'll see.

(Original post by jft18)
    The holiday! I know it's technically a christmas film but who cares when its that good

Thaks hun, I was supposed to see my GP again yesterday but didnt go

Rescheduled for later this week though so hopefully I'll make it this time!

Hope things are good for you! :hugs:
    Ooh I haven't seen that Rom-com-y thing?
    That's shame :/ Well done for rescheduling still! :hugs: I hope it helps
    Thanks, overall more up than down at the moment I think

(Original post by furryface12)
    Ohh ok didn't realise that! And I though Jean-Luc Picard was from Star Wars.. Haven't seen that either, should probably watch one of each at some point at least so I have some idea of what people are going on about!

If it's a small shop I tend to say bye to them, can't really do that in a supermarket though! Someone I know got accused of shoplifting once and they searched him- he hadn't, but they thought he'd got a two litre bottle of coke so where they thought he'd even put it (blazer pocket? :rolleyes:) I have no idea :confused:

Didn't go, was going to after lunch but then some stuff happened and I didn't Might go today if feeling a bit better.

Think the lowest I applied for was BBB, so basically the same Warwick wants grades so high though :eek: Who else on here is Warwick?

Yay, good that they're nice anyway! I'm sure you're not though You could always do other things in the day and sit with them in the evening or something? How long are they here for?

Hopefully should be able to, think he was just on holiday last time and I needed things pretty urgently before I went on d of e (most of which she didn't sort, but there you go ). Thank you! Really hoping it'll be alright, kind of worried which is stupid cus they're my cousins...
    Star Wars?!?! :eek: :noway: :facepalm2: (<-- that's him :teehee:) Sorry, overusing smilies again... :getmecoat: You should :gah:

Yeah No supermarkets I'm never sure, I just generally smile to the security guard I guess. :eek: Why on earth would they think he'd stolen that?! :lol: Obviously new at the job or something

Oh sorry you're not feeling well :hugs: Hope today's been better.

I guess they're similarish I'll PM you, as I'm not sure whether they'd want me to say on the forum or not :dontknow: :ninja:

Saw them a bit at lunch today, and will probably miss most of them this evening It's nice because they've left me to do my own thing, though also invited me along should I want to join them Auntie + Cousin are here for 10 days, and they're having 3 friends (and children) along one at a time, I guess for 3 days each :dontknow: The current people are nice anyway

Yeah hopefully Haha, oh dear
    Oh I'm sure it will be then though can understand nerves, especially if they're similar-ish age to you, I get nervous meeting 2nd cousins my age, though we don't see them often :dontknow:

(Original post by tasha96)
    New specks. :gasp: I can seeeeee again... :woo:
    :woo: :lol:
    I need to see the opticians soon Haven't had a check up for like a year :eek:

Dont feel sad as such, just so empty it hurts. :sad: Bit weird. :erm: Does anyone else get that?
    :hugs: Sometimes just feel totally empty and just inable to get up and do anything besides stare blankly at the screen - I hope you get past it soon :jumphug: Not nice :no:

(Original post by jft18)
    Think I might have to take (another) break from TSR guys, I know I've only just come back on here but just feeling too ****ty and don't want to drag anybody else down.

Hope you're all doing okay! Hugs all round!! :hugs:

Jaz x
    Won't be dragging us down! :hugs: Will be sorry to see you go, but of course it's up to you
    Lots of hugs :hugs:

(Original post by IDukem)
    Yeah my issue is that I'm a sprinter and transitioning into a medium distance runner is hard enough never mind long-distance :lol: I have to listen to music if I'm by myself, it just feels right Sometimes if it's an easy beat I do, but otherwise I run whatever feels natural. It does indeed on both accounts and therefore it feels great haha. I'm looking forward to it, but it hasn't dawned on me yet Education
    I hope you're okay I;m glad you had a good night too
    Ah fair enough All distances are the same to me Yeah same, always find it odd without some sort of music - though that said sometimes if it's a really nice day it's quite nice to just listen to the breeze and I swear having headphones in makes my head hotter

Good I'm sure it'll be really great While it came with troubles/bleh-ness, I'd say I really enjoyed last year (Though I suppose that opinion will change depending on my mood - currently feeling okay )
    Thanks Hope you're doing good too!

(Original post by iloveteddy14)
    Omg I am doing a level English literature, psychology and sociology exams next year self study woo
    And two gcses woop
    And OU

I did an access course a few years ago but due to it's expiratory date of this year it's not accepted anywhere. So now I am gonna self teach and at the aam time I was doing OU and two jobs
    Sounds good Do you know what sort of OU stuff yet? Sounds like you've got a lot on :eek: but sounds good
    Shame that the access course isn't accepted :/

Well done though :hugs:

(Original post by Porridge510)
    Don't be silly, i don't mind. I just get confused a lot.
    I feel so bad if I delete it. I've just made the bit of the post where we're talking in bold so I see lol. Why didn't I think of that before.

He is really funny, but hes serious at the same time, which is good. I wish I could say I'm cool as a cucumber, but I haven't took my new meds since I got them on monday. I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable taking them, cos im not getting good sleep anyway so how am i going to be when i start them. I'm an idiot. I lied to my dad and told him I took them as well and he was saying how happy he is cos i took them. But I haven't. I feel terrible.

Thank you so much, I'm so excited to get going with my studies.

Lol, my boyfriend can't stand vinegar either, but i drown them in vinegar. It tastes so goood.

Thank you :hugs:
    don't feel bad! Would be totally fine! Most people do I think I mean I do it with replies too Bold works too

Sounds like a nice doctor You're not an idiot! :console: I'm not personally on meds, but can definitely see it being scary starting some new ones. Could you take them with bf there/ask him to remind you? Sorry you haven't been sleeping well though :console:

You should be :gah: (Even if I sort of hate studying/work It's quite nice having something to do/some sort of schedule )

But but but then he can't have steal any :eek:

(Original post by kimothyjane)
    That's what I'm worried about the most - a panic attack in a lecture theatre *gulp*. It's why I've not been able to start uni until now! I looked round a couple of lecture theatres on Saturday and it filled me with dread so I'm not sure how to manage with that one.

I've applied for DSA so I suppose they'll kknow to that extent as I've been awarded some mentoring but that's it. Thanks for the idea about GPs and Disabled Students Society, sounds like a great idea.
    I don't have panic attacks, but last year found myself getting quite anxious/flight-y some lectures - When I think I might be flight-y I just try and get a seat on the end of a row? Depending on the lecture, there are usually people getting up/leaving/coming back in Though that said I don't know how that'd transfer to panic attacks and stuff

I only really started finding out/partly developing my MH stuff while at Uni, but I found quite a lot of support stuff available Though it can vary uni to uni.
    Trying to think of advice but my mind's gone a bit blank
    - I guess just welcome to the society (and nice avatar :awesome:)
    I hope Uni goes well for you

(Original post by LilacLily)
    Hi :hi:. I'm new here. I've recently started therapy. I'm 5 sessions deep and counting.

I just randomly feel so sad, fed up and on the verge of tears. I don't even know why I feel this way. I could just look out the window and have this weird sad, empty feeling. Does anyone else feel like this? I'm not sure whether or not this is related to my therapy sessions.
    Hi :wavey: Welcome to the society! :woo:

Sorry you're feeling sad :console: Feel like that occasionally too :hugs:
    I know with my counselling sessions I often could feel sort of lost after them? Some of them I just felt exhilarated/positive, and then others just felt as though I'd gotten nowhere/was going to be stuck forever. I mean I only had maybe 4 sessions but
    Sorry, that reply was quite rambl-y... but just thought I'd say hi and send hugs :hugs: Hope you feel better soon - and I hope that therapy's helping too!

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I don't usually use x's, but i still always worry that i will haha. Ah well, practice makes perfect! I've still not been in the car yet ahah its been about 2 and a half weeks...oops! ill go tomorrow
    haha if warwick's the place to be, then i shall come visit when my daddy works there!I just want to know where I'm living and start shopping...especially for stationary tehe.
    I have the book and I've watched the film, but i can't fully remember what happens in it may have to re-watch haha. emma watson is a babe! Any excuse to watch her did you sleep okay?
    oooooh ready meals! omg id kill for a ready meal rn haha. Hopefully daddy will make spaghetti bolognase tonight...im going out for tea tomorrow night too mm I'm making my mouth water just thinking about it hahahah can you tell I'm fat?
    and oh, your cousin sounds wonderful *rolls eyes*. I don't think i'd have necessarily asked for the 1p back, but i'd have thought he was bloody rude! I'd never pick spare money up in someones house and, if i did, it'd be to put it on the nearest table or whatever so that no one stood on it! I would never take it. I don't even pick up money on the street!
    Been shopping today and got a few bits i saw this GORGEOUS bag, but it was £60 if anyone's feeling generous for christmas :lol: i also got my first ever debit card, for my student account, today, which is exciting
    :woo: I always find the drive back more fun :eek: That's a while tbf I had a week or more gap earlier I think, I don't really like where I am for driving because the roads are quite narrow/it takes a while to hit some nice roads. (though tbf I haven't explored much yet either)
    Haha you should! :dance: Ah yeah Have you picked out a college? (it's colleges there, right?) Stationary :lol: Try not to spend all your student loan
    Oh yeah I saw it was a book/an adaptation from that :eek: it's fairly cheap for the DVD! Though I did watch it for free on lovefilm/amazon prime (and you can probably watch free elsewhere :ninja:) Haha Tbh I've not watched much else from her apart from this and HP She's in the bling ring, but I'm not sure how good a film that'll be

Spag bol is the best :eek: Not sure what I'm having tonight Got to dash to cinema in a bit (Guardians of the Galaxy ), then might have another ready meal :dontknow: Haha Nothing wrong with loving food :drool:

Yeah I felt a bit mean/cheap skate demanding it back I don't really care about the 1p at all, just the principle of it! Though yeah I was shocked - I knew he picked up money from around his house - his dad found a jar in his room with like £10-20 of spare change in it :lol:

You've only just gotten a debit card? :eek: Very exciting Yeah I'm not getting you a bag Sorry. :sad: :teehee: Did you get any good freebies with student account? Need to renew the free NUS card I got with mine soon.
    Hope you're feeling better today then? :hugs:

--------------------------------

*runs off to cinema* I'm never sure how much to chance it with bringing in snacks and things :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porridge510)
    On the waiting list to see a psychologist.
    Can't be seen more than once a week because I don't get on with my care coordinator.
    Surely theres more than one care coordinator..
    Do you know where you are on the list? Normally care coordinators won't see service users more than once a week anyway, unfortunately due to cuts and increasing case loads they just don't have the time. If you feel you need more than once a week contact you could maybe look at getting a support worker. A lot of charities have support workers, your GP should be able to refer you. Alternatively if you need the increased support because you are in a crisis there is always the crisis and home treatment team who can see you very regularly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebkoX)
    Thats fine Phil. I'm starting College in September, getting my GCSE results tomorrow and no, never spoken to anyone besides Teachers and a few friends.
    Ah Good luck for results!!! :woo:
    Fair enough I guess I'd recommend trying to see your/a GP then? Just to see what support you can get - important that you can get help if you're not feeling right Or maybe see if you have a counsellor at school? I know we had one in on a lunchtime once a week.

(Original post by samba)
    I feel a bit better tonight, so Scrabble will be back this evening sometime after 0000 - All welcome, even if just for a little chat!
    :woo: will definitely be there Sorry you didn't have such a good night late night/morning :sad: Glad you're feeling a bit better though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one then (Though I don't use x's :pierre:) But pretty colours!!! :eek:
    Ah fair enough Our road's quite quiet, so not too much trouble with people, just confusingness with reversing Parking against the side of the road today - turned the car on and off/getting in and out what must've been at least 5 times :lol:
    I'm really sorry it wasn't great :hugs: Hope you've had lots of you-time today
    Oh cool! Warwick's the place to be and glad you're looking forward to it I really liked the look of york/also put it down as one of my options! Yeah will try to thanks
    Was so good!!!! :love: Was tempted to watch it again tonight, but I think I'm too tired Eyelid slightly twitching as I type! Maybe tomorrow. Haha, me too :lol: :teehee: :hide: Yeah got some ready meals for the next few days
    Haven't done much today, woke up at 1pm (:eek:) and then just lazed a bit/got the house in a tidy-ish state, and then this afternoon/evening been talking to Auntie + Co.
    I'll tell you what was shocked at my cousin though - there was a 1p on my floor and he just picks it up and says "I found some money!" and then we walk round to the next room (doing a slight tour when they arrived) - I ask for it back because, even if it's only 1p, that's just not what you do if you find money in someone's house - and it takes many asks/a parent behind him for him to give it back :unimpressed: Maybe I'm being unfair, I was just shocked that he'd take money from someone's house like that so guilt-free/self-justified "well I found it" I don't know...

Which one? I haven't watched a ton - just nacho libre and school of rock I think

I hope yesterday/today have been okay for you :console: If you're sure - do see your GP if you think things are getting much worse, and also here if you ever need to vent/need someone to PM

Thanks been okay today I think, had plenty to do - this evening's a bit tired-y/bored, but oh well :hugs:

Yays I wish I could run Yeah that's the problem with music when I'm walking never sure whether to fit strides to the beat or not :lol: It's either I end up walking with stupidly slow strides or stupidly quick strides
    aaah, okay That makes things a lot less stressful then I guess (and cheaper! )
    Looking forward to it? What are you studying? (if you don't mind me asking - completely fine if you ignore it )
    I'm okay thanks - tired, so difficult to tell mood - but I think I'm okay Had a really fun night last night with scrabble and such, and an awesome film, and diary writing

Hope having gf's brothers been okay today too Glad the day with mum was good!
    Thanks Had a great evening yesterday so that was nice - not really, got camping with friends in a couple of weeks, then Uni. After Summer I don't know

That's okay! Sorry that this'll probably be long too Feel free to just delete all of it
    Haha, I don't think I could see mine making jokes at all :lol: Cool as a cucumber indeed :yep: I want your doctor
    Ah I think I remember seeing something about propanol as a drug yeah - I hope they work well for you
    Yeah definitely! and well done again on the english course! And good luck for clearing things :woo: Sounds really encouraging and awesome
    That's nice - Glad you've had a good summer together
    Just salt for me - and ketchup I can't really stand vinegar I'm afraid
    Thanks You too if you ever need a chat :yep: :hugs:

Haha thanks yeah I saw it

I'm sure people would care! I mean I'm just a stranger on the internet and I care! :eek: I guess can be difficult to respond sometimes - I never know what to say that's helpful myself But I guess partly it can just be quite helpful just to talk to someone about things that are a-happening/how you are - even if they can't really say anything to help? I've found it sort of therapeutic/cathartic to do so, anyway
    I guess I'm quite similar with that - though I also know that it's quite easy to downplay how things affect your life? Can be difficult to distinguish/tell when the low mood/depression-ness is affecting stuff. I don't know
    If your low moods are very common - then not typical teenage sadness at all :dontknow:
    Sorry, I'm telling you off lots in this reply But it's not nothing - it's important, and I really hope you feel better soon :hugs: Are you at school/Uni - could you see a counsellor to talk things over? I found it quite helpful last term, even if just a bit.

Yeah it's a TV series, with films too - The Next Generation is the best series (imo) and has Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) (like Jean Luc Picard on here/MHSS ) I'm not sure it's necessarily a necessity - if you like sci-fi stuff/star wars and things then I guess I'd recommend it though

Exactly! The one time at Uni you always needed something was a sunday after 4pm - the one time the 24 hour Tesco was closed :lol: I always get scared that shopkeepers/people will think I'm shoplifting Never sure how to make it clear I'm not - to make eye contact with them? Say bye? Dawdle a bit on the shop entrance so that you're not just rushing away suspiciously? (Yes I do this )

Were there people there?! :eek:

Hey Sorry to hear you're in hospital, but hope it's helping sort of and not too bad? :hugs:
    I think I need to make more pro/con lists I think that's part of CBT possibly? I remember seeing it in a book but I never got round to actually reading it (was a DIY CBT book thing)
    Sending :hugs:!

:eek: This scares me a bit I'm not sure I can really lie in an interview or anything Is this what all interviews will be like? I think I'd rather be actually honest/be modest, though also try and be honest/not sell myself short. Hmm. Scary though

That's lucky! :eek:
    Glad it was helpful :hugs:

:woo: Go Laura! :awesome:

Do this a lot Got a fair few albums/songs I can just associate with periods of life, particularly the last year and a half, to be honest I also have the problem of playing sad music when I'm low Partly just because pretty much all of my favourite music is melancholic

Never had the smell thing :eek: (I don't think? :holmes:) That's cool though

Glad the bath was good I never really like them unless there's lots of nice hot water Haven't had one in ages either :eek: Yeah of course you shower - We believe you :ninja:

:console: Can you make another one for soon?
    Sorry to quote most of your reply doimg it from a mobile! Thanks for the hugs it's going better than I thought it would starting to get escorted leave from monday and home leave for my birthday so that's good. How are things with you?

ReputationRep:
    I spose I could but I don't even know whats wrong with me.
    One friend say 'Psychologically damaged' its possible. I'm well aware of the fact I'm probably not well up there, but its never been terrible.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just start talking because the title of this thread is 'mental health'.

My story isn't as bad as many of you people on this page but for me it is very hard. When I was two years old my parents divorced, we lived in New York we are American. When they divorced my mum decided to come to England. I wasn't used to this at all considering everything about New York leaving all my family, I only had my brother and sister and my mum. My dad had made a plan that every summer me and my brother and sister move back for the duration of the holiday. I know this May seem like a very good thing, it is for me I love it but at the end of summer I have to leave my dad and my country. I live in a small town a aswell which I hate because the neighbors are always doing bad things (I won't go into detail) I've been to CAMS or however you spell it and it was alright but I decided not to because they placed me on tier three which is self harm which I don't deliberately do. I just need to talk to someone with the problems. I'm sixteen and in nine days again the torture of separating from my father begins. If you read this thankyou.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont feel sad as such, just so empty it hurts. :sad: Bit weird. :erm: Does anyone else get that?
    Yeah I know that feeling :console: horrible feeling. Always feel like I am missing something and that I need something to fill the void. Luckily, as I've got older (and hopefully wiser) it's gone down in frequency and duration, so hopefully it will for you too

ReputationRep:
    K118 Perspectives in Health and Social Care

ReputationRep:

:hugs: Sometimes just feel totally empty and just inable to get up and do anything besides stare blankly at the screen - I hope you get past it soon :jumphug: Not nice :no:
    *runs off to cinema* I'm never sure how much to chance it with bringing in snacks and things :erm:
    Its horrible. :sad: Although in a way I'm kind of relieved it's not sadness, wich is what I thought it was at first. Sorry you experience it too. :hugs:

Take EVERYTHING. This is why you should carry a handbag- All Of The Space for All Of The Sweeties....

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Yeah I know that feeling :console: horrible feeling. Always feel like I am missing something and that I need something to fill the void. Luckily, as I've got older (and hopefully wiser) it's gone down in frequency and duration, so hopefully it will for you too
    It is awful. Its a physical pain. I'm so glad its reduced in frequency and duration for you though. :jumphug:
    I know what you mean about it being like a void you have to fill. :sad: I think that's why I feel the need to CONSTANTLY be busy (I've worked it so I have college during the day, something (mostly free things) on every evening and either a first aid duty or a camp or a leaders planning session or something at the weekend ) And why I struggle so much during the summer when most of the clubs and volunteering stops.

ReputationRep:
    Back to lying curled up on the floor just listening to harry potter audio books again. :cry2: That's what I used to do before I went into hospital. Dont know how to snap out of it- I feel so awful. :cry2: And its so fecking pathetic- Im eighteen ffs I should be able to deal with things and I dont and just dijggo;iwej;okmdq.dmkkkv. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Back to lying curled up on the floor just listening to harry potter audio books again. :cry2: That's what I used to do before I went into hospital. Dont know how to snap out of it- I feel so awful. :cry2: And its so fecking pathetic- Im eighteen ffs I should be able to deal with things and I dont and just dijggo;iwej;okmdq.dmkkkv. :bawling:
    just because your now technically an adult doesnt mean you can instantly deal with things better hun! i wish i could suggest something, but :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    don't feel bad! Would be totally fine! Most people do I think I mean I do it with replies too Bold works too

Sounds like a nice doctor You're not an idiot! :console: I'm not personally on meds, but can definitely see it being scary starting some new ones. Could you take them with bf there/ask him to remind you? Sorry you haven't been sleeping well though :console:

You should be :gah: (Even if I sort of hate studying/work It's quite nice having something to do/some sort of schedule )

Thank you, it makes me feel better knowing others do it.

He is, I have two nice doctors. But one of them seems to always be on leave. :/ I feel like one, because I'm lieing to my dad. My boyfriend knows I haven't been taking it because he comes up to me with them and I say no.
    My sleep has altered so much in these past few days, I was sleeping well. but all of a sudden haven't been feeling calm or relaxed at night. And not tired, but in the day I'm exhausted and feel weak. I can't win.

Yeah, I haven't done anything with my life these past couple of years. But since I found out that my college did online courses I was pleased and gave it a go. I really don't know if to go to college and do a course to get me onto uni and then go to uni or just do A level english and Gcse maths at home. I hate where I live so much. But I feel like i might be worse at uni on my own. In a new enviroment and no support from my dad and stuff. I don't know I'm so confused. :confused:

After 4 years I'l be moving in with my boyfriend because thats when he finishes uni, so i dont know if to stay here until then. Hopefully 4 years will go fast. Well its not full 4 years if you think about it. And I'm busy with A levels and maths for a year. I just don't know what to do. Sorry for this long post.

More for me No, im joking. We share some with grounded pepper.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'm glad you got some sleep okay tonight then (I think I saw you post that you had? :hide:)

It's okay! What we're here for Yeah I like having a diary too - kinda nice to have something physical with memories/stuff in Though I also sort of find it easier to rant in here - just because typing doesn't tire out your hand so much
    Hope the holiday's fun!

Haha Is wife being more helpful recently?

Good Yeah was fun!
    Guardians of the Galaxy! Tempted to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and How to Train Your Dragon 2, too Even if I've seen those two already GotG has some pretty great reviews by the sounds of things though Going to head off in a bit I think! It's at 6pm-ish too, which is good as I'll get back around 10ish maybe, avoid relatives a bit (not that they're not nice, but just makes it easier)

Good Glad you've gotten on well Another good day today?
    Though I actually found out today the person organising it had semi-given up because not everyone could make the same dates (which is annoying because she'd taken over from me because I hadn't been the most active organiser, but I still would've booked a place I think/organised it eventually. Possibly getting sorted though by others (Sorry, ramble...))
    Quite a bit Just not sure how it's going to go this year being off-campus/in a house/with GP and therapy and stuff. And also I think I relied last year on being good at the A-level stuff, whereas the newer Uni-level stuff I'm not sure I know well at all :dontknow: We'll see.

Ooh I haven't seen that Rom-com-y thing?
    That's shame :/ Well done for rescheduling still! :hugs: I hope it helps
    Thanks, overall more up than down at the moment I think

Star Wars?!?! :eek: :noway: :facepalm2: (<-- that's him :teehee:) Sorry, overusing smilies again... :getmecoat: You should :gah:

Yeah No supermarkets I'm never sure, I just generally smile to the security guard I guess. :eek: Why on earth would they think he'd stolen that?! :lol: Obviously new at the job or something

Oh sorry you're not feeling well :hugs: Hope today's been better.

I guess they're similarish I'll PM you, as I'm not sure whether they'd want me to say on the forum or not :dontknow: :ninja:

Saw them a bit at lunch today, and will probably miss most of them this evening It's nice because they've left me to do my own thing, though also invited me along should I want to join them Auntie + Cousin are here for 10 days, and they're having 3 friends (and children) along one at a time, I guess for 3 days each :dontknow: The current people are nice anyway

Yeah hopefully Haha, oh dear
    Oh I'm sure it will be then though can understand nerves, especially if they're similar-ish age to you, I get nervous meeting 2nd cousins my age, though we don't see them often :dontknow:

Won't be dragging us down! :hugs: Will be sorry to see you go, but of course it's up to you
    Lots of hugs :hugs:

Ah fair enough All distances are the same to me Yeah same, always find it odd without some sort of music - though that said sometimes if it's a really nice day it's quite nice to just listen to the breeze and I swear having headphones in makes my head hotter

Good I'm sure it'll be really great While it came with troubles/bleh-ness, I'd say I really enjoyed last year (Though I suppose that opinion will change depending on my mood - currently feeling okay )
    Thanks Hope you're doing good too!

Sounds good Do you know what sort of OU stuff yet? Sounds like you've got a lot on :eek: but sounds good
    Shame that the access course isn't accepted :/

Well done though :hugs:

I don't have panic attacks, but last year found myself getting quite anxious/flight-y some lectures - When I think I might be flight-y I just try and get a seat on the end of a row? Depending on the lecture, there are usually people getting up/leaving/coming back in Though that said I don't know how that'd transfer to panic attacks and stuff

I only really started finding out/partly developing my MH stuff while at Uni, but I found quite a lot of support stuff available Though it can vary uni to uni.
    Trying to think of advice but my mind's gone a bit blank
    - I guess just welcome to the society (and nice avatar :awesome:)
    I hope Uni goes well for you

Hi :wavey: Welcome to the society! :woo:

Sorry you're feeling sad :console: Feel like that occasionally too :hugs:
    I know with my counselling sessions I often could feel sort of lost after them? Some of them I just felt exhilarated/positive, and then others just felt as though I'd gotten nowhere/was going to be stuck forever. I mean I only had maybe 4 sessions but
    Sorry, that reply was quite rambl-y... but just thought I'd say hi and send hugs :hugs: Hope you feel better soon - and I hope that therapy's helping too!

:woo: I always find the drive back more fun :eek: That's a while tbf I had a week or more gap earlier I think, I don't really like where I am for driving because the roads are quite narrow/it takes a while to hit some nice roads. (though tbf I haven't explored much yet either)
    Haha you should! :dance: Ah yeah Have you picked out a college? (it's colleges there, right?) Stationary :lol: Try not to spend all your student loan
    Oh yeah I saw it was a book/an adaptation from that :eek: it's fairly cheap for the DVD! Though I did watch it for free on lovefilm/amazon prime (and you can probably watch free elsewhere :ninja:) Haha Tbh I've not watched much else from her apart from this and HP She's in the bling ring, but I'm not sure how good a film that'll be

Spag bol is the best :eek: Not sure what I'm having tonight Got to dash to cinema in a bit (Guardians of the Galaxy ), then might have another ready meal :dontknow: Haha Nothing wrong with loving food :drool:

Yeah I felt a bit mean/cheap skate demanding it back I don't really care about the 1p at all, just the principle of it! Though yeah I was shocked - I knew he picked up money from around his house - his dad found a jar in his room with like £10-20 of spare change in it :lol:

You've only just gotten a debit card? :eek: Very exciting Yeah I'm not getting you a bag Sorry. :sad: :teehee: Did you get any good freebies with student account? Need to renew the free NUS card I got with mine soon.
    Hope you're feeling better today then? :hugs:

Don't know if its quoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Do you know where you are on the list? Normally care coordinators won't see service users more than once a week anyway, unfortunately due to cuts and increasing case loads they just don't have the time. If you feel you need more than once a week contact you could maybe look at getting a support worker. A lot of charities have support workers, your GP should be able to refer you. Alternatively if you need the increased support because you are in a crisis there is always the crisis and home treatment team who can see you very regularly

They said the list is quite short and I'm near the top, but they don't know when I'll be seen.
    Thank you so much. I'm seeing my doctor again on the 2nd of september so i'll talk to him about that.
    I used to be with the home treatment team and I thought I was being referred back to them. :/ But when I last saw him he said theres not much he can do because I'm with the recovery team. I think.

ReputationRep:

Hope the holiday's fun!
    Thanks.

:hugs: It is. I love to re-read my diaries after some time has passed - it's so much fun. :lol: True! I am having a good time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimothyjane)
    That's what I'm worried about the most - a panic attack in a lecture theatre *gulp*. It's why I've not been able to start uni until now! I looked round a couple of lecture theatres on Saturday and it filled me with dread so I'm not sure how to manage with that one.

I've applied for DSA so I suppose they'll kknow to that extent as I've been awarded some mentoring but that's it. Thanks for the idea about GPs and Disabled Students Society, sounds like a great idea.
    Make sure all of your lecturers know that you have GAD, and if you ever bail halfway through a lecture that it's not because they're boring you, or that you're legging it to the loo because you're hungover as heck, but because you think you're about to have a panic attack. Your coursemates will probaby assume you've legged it because you're going to chunder - as they did with me when i left partway through a workshop because of a rather fun, spontaneous nosebleed....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.