Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Jams97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zoee1203)
I got an offer from stephenson too yesterday, and I don't think it will be isolated because there will be other student there all the time and also there is thornaby train station ten mins away and a free bus to Durham uni as well
That's a very good point, what course have you got into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mccrae01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got allocated to Van Mildert, anyone know what its like ?
zoee1203
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jams97)
That's a very good point, what course have you got into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Have got into primary eduction, what about you??
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by themancunian)
Really? I went for the physics summer school and my room was alright, but maybe that's because I had an ensuite and that's all matters...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You had an ensuite? So lucky! Well I suppose that if I go I should get an ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
themancunian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
You had an ensuite? So lucky! Well I suppose that if I go I should get an ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup! I didn't expect I would be assigned to one which was a nice shock - they're pretty nice rooms with a fair bit of space

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blondie1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have pictures of the room I stayed at van mildert and greys college during the summer school if anyone wants to see them
melissafrat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got a place at Durham to study BA Geography, at St Chads! Has anyone else received similar course or college offers to mine? I'd love to know
emzyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elle97)
Yeah I've done my choices! Unfortunately my firm want more than my insurance but oh well (Durham reduced my offer from A*AA to ABB after I did supported progression, and Lancaster want AAB!) :') I hope I get the grades, the thought makes me il ahahah. I'm so so excited for Johns, I wish there was a fb group or something for us all to chat and get to know each other! Yeah, I live like an hour and a half away. Summer isn't that bad at all, it was really really hot this year. Winter can be pretty cold though, not going to lie, it was -5 where I am in Cumbria last month
Damn...I don't handle the cold very well.I might need to invest in some thermals!.
emzyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by themancunian)
Physics I'm not sure, I'll probably end up firming it over Manchester, and choose York as my insurance

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's between Bath and Durham for my firm...I'll be visiting both soon as I didn't go to the pre- application open days last year.I don't know what I will put for my insurance!.What did you like about york?. I'm interested because when I went I didn't really like it , but some of my friends liked it and I've heard that various people have liked it as well.
Tibbz2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by melissafrat)
Got a place at Durham to study BA Geography, at St Chads! Has anyone else received similar course or college offers to mine? I'd love to know
Got a place at Chads to study Physics

Are you going to the open day next month?
themancunian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emzyyyyy)
It's between Bath and Durham for my firm...I'll be visiting both soon as I didn't go to the pre- application open days last year.I don't know what I will put for my insurance!.What did you like about york?. I'm interested because when I went I didn't really like it , but some of my friends liked it and I've heard that various people have liked it as well.
I've heard that Bath is quite a beautiful place, never visited the place or the uni - haha you could always flip a coin to decide! I like that it's 'collegiate', plus I think it's a pretty place in general and the course isn't that bad there
hope1817
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dylann)
Good food can really make the difference! What else can you remember about the rooms?

Meh I don't think it's too bad actually, as long as you participate in societies and things! What subject will you be studying?

Oh cool, for what subjects?

I guess I'll see for myself when I go to the open day

Subjects were classics and I think the other one applied for English.
They wanted a bailey college and they're brother and sister and both got in together which is nice.
Elle97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emzyyyyy)
Damn...I don't handle the cold very well.I might need to invest in some thermals!.
Neither do I really :/ i have heard that it's a lot worse where I live, like an hour and a half away than it actually is in durham!
gj12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JohnLFC)
I've been allocaed in Hatfield, not sure how to feel about that, I wanted to be in St. Chads....
Same here. Applied Chads but in Hatfield... so happy about it. I really wanted to be in a Bailey college
Jennaxeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by melissafrat)
I'm BA Geography too but I at Hatfield 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
gloria97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics at Collingwood! Woop!!!
Crawflowr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are college allocations still dribbling through or did they all arrive in a batch on Monday night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
francesca2602
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Crawflowr)
Are college allocations still dribbling through or did they all arrive in a batch on Monday night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd imagine they're still coming through. I got my allocation email yesterday and one of my friends hasn't received his allocation yet, even though he got his offer in November and I got mine on Friday last week.
melissafrat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tibbz2)
Got a place at Chads to study Physics

Are you going to the open day next month?
Congratulations!

I think I will although I've been there before... How about you?
melissafrat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jennaxeg)
I'm BA Geography too but I at Hatfield 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!!! Yay for BA Geography! 😊

Also, do you think that if we find out that we prefer the more biological/chemistry or environment-based topics in the course, we would switch to BSc Geography instead?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise