Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shamrockiii)
they offered me tuesday haha
did u apply for MORSE too?
i think ill choose ucl over warwick tbh what do u think
Yeah morse for me! What course at UCL? I haven't been round Warwick yet but I am one who would avoid London some may move there for the work and it does have perks, just not for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dannygem
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
got a condition offer for MORSE course today..
is the course any good? anyone going to the open day next week?
Well done, it is a good course but perhaps one of the most time-consuming at Warwick, I like it though!

I am a first year MORSE student currently.
shamrockiii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rugbybeast)
Yeah morse for me! What course at UCL? I haven't been round Warwick yet but I am one who would avoid London some may move there for the work and it does have perks, just not for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
stats
oh ic
shamrockiii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dannygem)
Well done, it is a good course but perhaps one of the most time-consuming at Warwick, I like it though!

i heard that its a really tough course to do at Warwick right?
nush1597
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dannygem)

I have recently firmed MORSE and will be attending the open day on Monday! How are you finding morse?? Do you manage to split your time sufficiently between studies and social time? And what grades did you get at A levels(if you don't mind me asking)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dannygem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nush1597)
I have recently firmed MORSE and will be attending the open day on Monday! How are you finding morse?? Do you manage to split your time sufficiently between studies and social time? And what grades did you get at A levels(if you don't mind me asking)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i heard that its a really tough course to do at Warwick right?
Shame I am going home tomorrow for Easter!

I will not lie, it is not a easy course! but it will be rewarding!

MORSE is time-consuming, especially term 1 (the worst term I found, do not let it get you down if it gets tough!), but you do get time to do hobbies. My friend doing MORSE is on Warwick first team rugby and another plays football, there is definitely time to do sport!

I got A*A*B at A-level, and I am managing fine! It is a tough course, but everyone finds it tough so it makes it not too bad!
nlala97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer holder for PPE! Anyone planning to firm or insure Warwick for PPE? Would be awesome to hear other people's opinions about this course at Warwick
apple cakes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer for mathematics but I've decided to firm Kings and and put Queen Mary as insurance. It's unlikely I'll meet the offer and I dont want to do step lol
username976741
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nlala97)
Offer holder for PPE! Anyone planning to firm or insure Warwick for PPE? Would be awesome to hear other people's opinions about this course at Warwick
I got an offer for PPE but decided to decline it.

Although this wasn't as a result of Warwick's course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
khaleed1502
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
biomed firmed!!
Hmht
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People who have firmed, what accommodation are you all looking at? ive firmed chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firmed for biomed!
nope..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hmht)
People who have firmed, what accommodation are you all looking at? ive firmed chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
to be honest i'm pretty unsure and confused! leaning toward en-suite at the moment but from what I've read on here shared isn't as bad as I thought it would be! what about you?
Hmht
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nope..)
to be honest i'm pretty unsure and confused! leaning toward en-suite at the moment but from what I've read on here shared isn't as bad as I thought it would be! what about you?
Yea i suppose it all depends on how much of a student loan you want haha :P Im looking at sherbourne or lakeside because I like modern accommodation but the prices have gone up a fair bit from last year :/ also im looking for 39 weeks rather than 30 weeks so jm and av and some others are out of the equation

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hmht)
Yea i suppose it all depends on how much of a student loan you want haha :P Im looking at sherbourne or lakeside because i modern accommodation but the prices have gone up a fair bit from last year :/ also im looking for 39 weeks rather than 30 weeks so jm and av and some others are out of the equation

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was considering those! i dont really mind walking down to gibbet hill as im a pretty quick walker! (Even with my tiny legs haha)
think jm&av are now 34 week lets!
Hmht
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nope..)
I was considering those! i dont really mind walking down to gibbet hill as im a pretty quick walker! (Even with my tiny legs haha)
think jm&av are now 34 week lets!
Ah cool! Yea they say its a 20 min walk, i bet its 10 as i walk quick too :P hahaha are you short? :P oh right, i still really need a 39 week let as family may not be home at easter and christmas holidays, or at least some of it so i cant get my stuff home To be honest they open AV and JM on the open days and i didnt really like them much, they were a bit old if you know what i mean? Just had that slightly colder feel to them than a more modern place would have

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope..
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hmht)
Ah cool! Yea they say its a 20 min walk, i bet its 10 as i walk quick too :P hahaha are you short? :P oh right, i still really need a 39 week let as family may not be home at easter and christmas holidays, or at least some of it so i cant get my stuff home To be honest they open AV and JM on the open days and i didnt really like them much, they were a bit old if you know what i mean? Just had that slightly colder feel to them than a more modern place would have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh exactly! and it'll be good exercise (i'll end up eating my own words with that one lol). And yep 5ft2 and a tiny little bit! Ahh right! 39 week would be great for you then! And i know what you mean jm&av are now more expensive than sherbourne too :/
drgainz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by All Day)
Waiting on LSE but I've got Warwick.

If it came to it, I really don't know who I'd choose.

It comes down to London being incredible vs LSE's social life being ****, LSE being more reputable internationally, but one would have less opportunities at LSE to fill out your own CV, imo, and Warwick is cheaper.

Can you really say no to 'LSE' being written on your CV?

Hah yeh thats true. but i made my decision for now and im rejecting LSE for Warwick. Purely because the accommodation is too expensive. I live in london... 40 mins away by underground and living in Halls seem a waste of money. I hate to live at home, miss out on all the social stuff- itll be like going to school for another 3 years which is fkd up. I have the balls to reject lse though, i know that many people would choose lse over warwick just because of the reputation. Warwick is a heck of a lot cheaper and its just as good but not internationally obvs.
Glenbard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by drgainz)
Hah yeh thats true. but i made my decision for now and im rejecting LSE for Warwick. Purely because the accommodation is too expensive. I live in london... 40 mins away by underground and living in Halls seem a waste of money. I hate to live at home, miss out on all the social stuff- itll be like going to school for another 3 years which is fkd up. I have the balls to reject lse though, i know that many people would choose lse over warwick just because of the reputation. Warwick is a heck of a lot cheaper and its just as good but not internationally obvs.
I work as a Warwick Student Ambassador, and recently met with a number of potential students, and there were several who were in fact turning down offers from LSE, and firming Warwick in order to have the Campus/Student experience, which one cannot properly get at a London Uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads