Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    In retrospect I should've applied to LSE instead of KCL because they don't use the LNAT. Now I've only one offer, but it's Cambridge. However, I don't have an insurance after being rejected by Bristol, Nottingham and KCL. Although KCL couldn't have been my insurance anyway, I do wish that LSE, KCL and UCL made AAA offers for law. In an ideal world an AAA offer from LSE would be my insurance.
    Don't worry mate! I'm sure you'll have a good time in cambridge! I mean, it /is/ cambridge. Hehe go for it! Did you only apply to 4 schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddalgi)
    Don't worry mate! I'm sure you'll have a good time in cambridge! I mean, it /is/ cambridge. Hehe go for it! Did you only apply to 4 schools?
    I applied to KCL, Durham, Cambridge, Bristol and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    I applied to KCL, Durham, Cambridge, Bristol and Nottingham
    Do you have an offer from Durham or are you waiting on it? Sounds pretty amazing to have cambridge as a firm and durham as insurance!!! I would very much like to be in your shoes, as would many others, hahah don't feel too beat up about your rejections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkeer_1)
    I scored 19 and still waiting since October... What's your stats like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AAABB in AS
    Predicted A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewbacca)
    They are some pretty amazing unis you've applied to, when do you hear back from US admissions? I have no idea how the system works in America
    Just heard back I got into Harvard! Not quite as heartbroken over Oxford anymore :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 65pinkroses)
    Just heard back I got into Harvard! Not quite as heartbroken over Oxford anymore :P
    Wow, that's really impressive. What were your SAT or ACT scores?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I got a 34 for my LNAT but got rejected from LSE and Oxford..then again, I was accepted by UCL! Do you guys think I did really badly for my LNAT essay/personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s0apmactavish)
    Hi all! I got a 34 for my LNAT but got rejected from LSE and Oxford..then again, I was accepted by UCL! Do you guys think I did really badly for my LNAT essay/personal statement?
    Well LSE don't use the LNAT, so I would imagine you were rejected due to your grades. However, I have seen people rejected this year due to their personal statement lacking 'interest' or 'passion' so perhaps that is the case?

As for Oxford, whether you did badly on your LNAT essay depends on whether you were rejected pre or post interview. Assuming you got an interview, my guess is that your interview would be the main reason for a rejection, not the essay

34 is an amazing score by the way, congrats. UCL is also a great university and you really haven't lost out much by getting an offer from them! Do you think you will re-apply or stick with UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought I had done well in my LNAT and so wass hugely disappointed when I didn’t get an interview with Oxford. I thought my personal statement was pretty decent, and I’ve got straight As, so I really don’t know why I didn’t at least make it to the interview round.

I’m most likely going to stick with UCL! Although I was initially disappointed, after thinking about it I realised UCL is a great school too, in a great city

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing GCSE at the moment and want to do law (preferably at Bristol). I took both practise papers on the LNAT website and got around 17-19 (out of 42) on average. Is this good, considering I won't do it for two years? Also, what is a good number of A* at GCSE if you want to go to a uni like Bristol, KCL, Warwick etc for law? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg that's so good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khmac11)
    I got a 29 and got into Bristol! Waiting to hear from Nottingham.
    Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE pleade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did my LNAT on the 20th of January. I realise that i will receive my results this month (July) but does anyone know when? Or has anyone received their late results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlandslguy222)
    I did my LNAT on the 20th of January. I realise that i will receive my results this month (July) but does anyone know when? Or has anyone received their late results?
    Im waiting myself! It ses on the website early July but im yet to receive anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catanesi)
    Im waiting myself! It ses on the website early July but im yet to receive anything!
    I emailed them and they said 'beginning of July'. Strange as they said 'early February' for early sitters that received their results 4/5th of Feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    I'm doing GCSE at the moment and want to do law (preferably at Bristol). I took both practise papers on the LNAT website and got around 17-19 (out of 42) on average. Is this good, considering I won't do it for two years? Also, what is a good number of A* at GCSE if you want to go to a uni like Bristol, KCL, Warwick etc for law? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bristol and Warwick are less selective than KCL, so it's different, but all of them don't have an A* criterion. Really, your GCSE results don't matter too much when it comes to applying to university. They are much more interested in how you did at level 3 (A-Level/IB etc). Whilst certainly work as hard as possible to achieve the best grades as it won't harm your application, but certainly do not think you stand no chance at Warwick and Bristol because you have 3As, 6Bs, and a C. Lots of people go there with equivalent grades, and a lot of people who have 7A*s and 3As end up studying sociology at Hull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilydia)
    I got rejected from Bristol with 20
    (Original post by Walkeer_1)
    I scored 19 and still waiting since October... What's your stats like?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by oli19919)
    I'm doing GCSE at the moment and want to do law (preferably at Bristol). I took both practise papers on the LNAT website and got around 17-19 (out of 42) on average. Is this good, considering I won't do it for two years? Also, what is a good number of A* at GCSE if you want to go to a uni like Bristol, KCL, Warwick etc for law? ThanksPosted from TSR Mobile
    Anything less than 25 on the LNAT is considered bad. The LNAT unis filter their applicants by the LNAT score first, followed by the AS/A2 grades & predictions and then finally by the Personal Statement. You can have outstanding grades and/or predictions but if your LNAT score is low then you are out of the running to get an offer from that reputable uni.

in previous years, some applicants who scored less than 25 on the LNAT managed to get offers but these are rare occurrences. Don't take the risk of attempting the LNAT unprepared. Practise doing questions everyday and having good healthy number of hours of sleep prior to the LNAT test is critical.

They could have made a mistake. I reckon you could try emailing the respective admissions tutors to clarify the situation and ask for feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puss n boots)
    Anything less than 25 on the LNAT is considered bad. The LNAT unis filter their applicants by the LNAT score first, followed by the AS/A2 grades & predictions and then finally by the Personal Statement. You can have outstanding grades and/or predictions but if your LNAT score is low then you are out of the running to get an offer from that reputable uni.

in previous years, some applicants who scored less than 25 on the LNAT managed to get offers but these are rare occurrences. Don't take the risk of attempting the LNAT unprepared. Practise doing questions everyday and having good healthy number of hours of sleep prior to the LNAT test is critical.

They could have made a mistake. I reckon you could try emailing the respective admissions tutors to clarify the situation and ask for feedback.
    No, lower than 25 is not considered bad. It may be if you wish to get into Oxford, but not everyone is trying to get into Oxford. Don't talk rubbish that your ill-informed teachers have told you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    No, lower than 25 is not considered bad. It may be if you wish to get into Oxford, but not everyone is trying to get into Oxford. Don't talk rubbish that your ill-informed teachers have told you.
    It wasn't my ill-informed teachers that told me. It was the admission tutors of two universities that told me when I visited them recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puss n boots)
    It wasn't my ill-informed teachers that told me. It was the admission tutors of two universities that told me when I visited them recently.
    So you claim two LNAT unis have a procedure where anyone with lower than 25 is automatically filtered out and therefore they all have this procedure? That's simply wrong. I know someone who got an offer at Durham last year with an LNAT of 21. If you look at the 2014 Law offers page, you will see a lot of people who have 21-24 get offers from top-tier unis.

Perhaps you misunderstood what the people said, or maybe they don't know what they're talking about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.