subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bunny2014)
Great!! Thanks so could this be a possible 5 marker? xxx
Could well be, it is summarised in the AIB too so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)
Could well be, it is summarised in the AIB too so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Really hope that we get good questions xx
adam harperRB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakz14)
As its a discuss question would you evaluate some of these points explaining how the distribution is improved? Thank you so much!!
Corruption and crime means supplies often dont get there, therefore erradicate it and this will improve the supply, as does diversification of the fleet of transport it allows more effective distribution in keeping with their main aim
Abbz61112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to prove someone wrong guys...

WE WILL GET THE AIB IN EXAM TOMORROW RIGHT?
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bunny2014)
Really hope that we get good questions xx
The papers got changed, which would mean that statistical tests should not come up (I doubt they can be arsed to make one in such a short time). So most questions should be writing ones and perhaps more general ones because they had little time to prepare.
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Abbz61112)
Just to prove someone wrong guys...

WE WILL GET THE AIB IN EXAM TOMORROW RIGHT?
Yes, provided that you were not given the exam stock one in advance and you did not write on them.
Rakz14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physical:
- terrain - Kenya is highly mountainous, with most people living at over 2000m above sea level. Supplies that are imported into Mombasa at the coast have to get to 2000m above sea level!
- climate - monsoon season makes unpaved roads impassable. Most people live in mountainous areas, which can suffer from landslides during the wet season.
- High population density in high precipitation areas - population more at risk from malaria, increasing demand for anti-malarials and treatment.
- Kenya is a large country with small villages. To provide good infrastructure to all of them would be hugely expensive with high maintenance costs.

Human:
- Most physicians are located in urban areas, and there is a flow of doctors out of the country. This leads to a shortage of staff to deliver healthcare in rural areas.
- There are areas which have a very high poverty density. This creates problems for local authorities because poorer people have higher demand for public healthcare, but drugs are delivered proportionally. Demand for drugs often outstrips supply, in some cases KEMSA has blocked supplies due to delayed payments by local authorities.
- There are many sparely populated regions, particularly in the north and east of the country. It is very difficult to provide local community care to these settlements.

Thank you so much for this super appreciated!!!
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, provided that you were not given the exam stock one in advance and you did not write on them.
You get a clean one in the exam no matter what
JBDorward
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone got any notes about the Riders website?! Anything will be good.

TIA.
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam harperRB)
You get a clean one in the exam no matter what
Your school only gets one copy. If they have given that one out then you will ned to keep it unmarked and bring it in,
Rakz14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The papers got changed, which would mean that statistical tests should not come up (I doubt they can be arsed to make one in such a short time). So most questions should be writing ones and perhaps more general ones because they had little time to prepare.
Was there no backup paper in the first place? or was this paper only recently written?
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakz14)
Was there no backup paper in the first place? or was this paper only recently written?
Because the 4B paper is different this year they don't make a backup paper unlike for other subkjects.
jameswoodland
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MedievalWitch)
yeah but everyones saying you need statistics and notes on climate change and environment and vision2030 i just dont see how they link to the booklet and why you need them
You will need vision 2030 for work done after the mdgs have finished, most likely to be a 15 marker
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your school only gets one copy. If they have given that one out then you will ned to keep it unmarked and bring it in,
oh dear well all of my class have written over all ours
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone have a link to the pre-release that i can print
mais23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
I am panicking like crazy! Are the maps chloropleth or isopleth?!
And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using this map??
Rakz14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh dear well all of my class have written over all ours
Same here - but our teacher has printed a clean copy and supplied it to our examination officer - they may do the same for you??
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mais23)
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
I am panicking like crazy! Are the maps chloropleth or isopleth?!
And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using this map??
Chloropleth as they have no distinct lines round the boundaries
cpilbeam
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone have a link to the pre-release that i can print
You're provided with an AIB in the exam. Irrespective if you have been handed one previously.
adam harperRB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cpilbeam)
You're provided with an AIB in the exam. Irrespective if you have been handed one previously.
ok cheers, mini-meltdown avoided
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.18%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.43%

Watched Threads