Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many offers does everyone hold so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlettwitch)
    How many offers does everyone hold so far?
    I have 3...Reading, Sheffield and Marjon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katesbh)
    Think my Sheffield one was 8th December, when was yours?
    Mine was December 7th!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, international student here from Singapore.
    Got offers from Newcastle and Sheffield, and also interviewed for Reading and am awaiting Reading's reply before I decide.
    I am leaning more towards Sheffield as it has a smaller intake (I'm told) for this course and has high student satisfaction each year. Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice/insight about these schools?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find MMU interview?

ReputationRep:
    2017 application hopeful here so I hope its okay to intrude on the thread. I am a mature student applying for an access course this year. Can I ask you about the experience you have before you applied.

I have a son with learning disabilities, ASD and a language delay so I have experience of 7 years of Speech Therapy, both NHS and private therapy, courses (such as More Than Words), lectures and talks as well as a lot of practical experience of therapy programmes. Do you think this will be enough?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how long Reading uni take to reply?? i had my interview today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dollydrop23)
    2017 application hopeful here so I hope its okay to intrude on the thread. I am a mature student applying for an access course this year. Can I ask you about the experience you have before you applied.

I have a son with learning disabilities, ASD and a language delay so I have experience of 7 years of Speech Therapy, both NHS and private therapy, courses (such as More Than Words), lectures and talks as well as a lot of practical experience of therapy programmes. Do you think this will be enough?
    The amount of the experience is not the relevant factor. Your ability to reflect on and learn from the experience you do have is much more important. If you just list all the lectures you've attended and all the courses you've been on, you're unlikely to get offers - you need to explain, in a sensitive and thoughtful way, exactly how these have prepared you to become a speech therapy student. In your case, for example, you could talk about how you have first-hand knowledge of the issues facing parents of children with additional needs and how this has helped you to empathise with the frustrations families might feel.

I have a lot of experience, but most of it didn't even make it into my personal statement - you only have 42 lines and you have to be concise. I just chose a few things that highlighted my interest and suitability for SLT rather than making a shopping list of everything I've done. Remember that while this is a course that's popular with mature students, many people get on straight from A-levels and they don't have huge amounts of practical experience, so try not to worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me please?
    I have an interview for City university and I don't know how to prepare for the interview because apparently it's mostly scenario based questions?? If someone here has already been to an interview for SLT please can you tell me what its like? what questions did they ask you? etc
    Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marwa_s)
    Can someone help me please?
    I have an interview for City university and I don't know how to prepare for the interview because apparently it's mostly scenario based questions?? If someone here has already been to an interview for SLT please can you tell me what its like? what questions did they ask you? etc
    Thankss
    SLT courses ask candidates not to share interview questions and it's against this forum's rules as well, for obvious reasons - scenario-based interview questions are meant to test how you approach things, and if people were sharing the questions and rehearsing their answers beforehand it would defeat the point. You've got through to the interview stage, so you must know something about SLT as a career and have written a good enough personal statement. So try not to worry. Instead just ask yourself what kind of skills and qualities are relevant to SLT and what sort of thing SLTs are likely to encounter in their work, and you should be pretty well prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone give me some help, insight, anything really on the SLT interview? I have an interview next tuesday and I'm freaking out!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm having an interview next week as well, Could someone tell how does City London interviews works please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaIann)
    I'm having an interview next week as well, Could someone tell how does City London interviews works please?
    Yeah my interview is at city university too!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for their accommodation yet? Is speech and language therapy a 38-week course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosyvincenzi)
    I had an interview on 29th Feb but have yet to hear back. have you had an offer?
    Yes have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Received an unconditional offer from Reading (my first choice) yesterday Anyone else going to Reading?

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    Sheffield for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigecooney20)
    I made Sheffield my firm and BCU my insurance. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Reading for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.