Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow and Exeter, but both St. Andrews and Stirling wrote me a mail saying they would wait until January so they can assess all applications equally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmmwhatcanitbe)
    Applied Pharmacology at Cardiff, University of liverpool, manchester, Hertfordshire and portsmouth, recieved offers from Portsmouth and liverpool in 2 days, still waiting on others, applied on tuesday though
    I'm applying for Pharmacology at Liverpool too! sent my application off yesterday, what subjects do you do at A2?

ReputationRep:
    This page is making me feel a bit nervous... I only have one offer, two told me that I'd have to wait until January the earliest, one hasn't written at all, and the other is Cambridge....

ReputationRep:
    Got it all sent off today! Applying for Economics and Politics at Kings, City, Loughborough, Kent and Royal Holloway! Anyone doing a similar course?

ReputationRep:
    queen mary and reading were pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to ancient/modern history or just history at Warwick,Lancaster, Newcastle, Durham and Oxford. Ive already had offers from warwick, lancaster and newcastle- warwick have blitzed through, got an offer in two days! My friend also got an offer from kings in a couple of days too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperandpencil)
    queen mary and reading were pretty quick
    I'm still waiting for Queen Marys (psychology), they emailed me saying it can take up to 4 weeks...tragic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    How are people getting unconditional offers?
    Im predicted AAB will i get one for a course like accounting at royal holloway
    Royal Holloway run an Academic Excellence scheme, I'm not quite sure what your grades have to be like to be considered for it but that's how I got an unconditional from them (I have to firm them for it to be unconditional though).

ReputationRep:
    I've heard back from four out of five already so mine have got back to me quite quickly but I know some are really taking their time, like I am still waiting for Durham but I know loads of my friends are waiting for Bristol offers and thy sent theirs off months ago. However I know it often depends on the department you're applying to and the university.

ReputationRep:
    Track is down...

ReputationRep:
    Coventry and Aston don't even do acknowledgement emails so I'm pretty much left in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    Harper Adams and Warwick are sending out interviews very quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application on 23/10 for Economics.
    Received an offer from UEA in 4 days, Kent yesterday and Surrey today.

Still waiting on Birmingham and Loughborough, although Birmingham emailed me earlier today saying that my application has been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration so reckon I'll get a rejection from them.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my applications to Edinburgh on 21th Oct and received a offer yesterday( A in maths or FMaths and BB in 2 other subjects). It was Philosophy and Maths that I applied to btw.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for History and Chinese at:
    Nottingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Hull
    Hertfordshire

Sent off on September 23 and I got 5 offers within a week and a half. My boyfriend already has two offers from Liverpool and Liverpool John Mores for Phsycology in two days.

Good luck to everyone waiting for offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falloutboyyy)
    Warwick york Birmingham Bristol Manchester all quick with my friends and I

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've heard that Bristol doesn't send offers out till after the Jan 15 deadline for some courses...do you know if that's true at all??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    I got Reading back like 3/4 days after my application was submitted.
    how long did it take for them to send you an acknowledgement email? I've had all of mine already except for them 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Modern Languages (Spanish and German) on September 15th.
    Received a conditional offer from Royal Holloway last friday, UCL and King's this week and an invitation for an interview at Cambridge (Newnham) today, and I'm still waiting for Queen Mary, although it's been almost 4 weeks since they acknowledged my application.
    The waiting is torturous, but I'm glad that I got an offer from UCL, since it's my second choice, right next to Cambridge.

Good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SallyElizabeth1)
    Warwick and Edinburgh have sent me one for maths
    What kinda offers are they? And which unis and courses have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Edinburgh, Nottingham, Heriot watt, Leeds and Birmingham. So far only Leeds has given me an offer (Chemical engineering)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.